PDA

View Full Version : help running my own psx game on 3.02 OE-A

lmtlmt
January 23rd, 2007, 03:31
i extracted the .bin file to be used with simple popstation GUIeverything works great until i try to play it, it shows the gameboot and then " game could not be started CA000005" what the f*ck does that mean, btw i didnt compress it so that isnt the problem.this is running it on 1.5 kernel on 3,02 kernel i get 80010002

any help will be liked:)

joshisposer
January 23rd, 2007, 04:18
put it in your 3.02/3 folder. That's all i can think of

lmtlmt
January 23rd, 2007, 04:23
i have tried that, i am now updating to 3.03 0e a to see if that helps

[edit] its working and i am going to put i link to it in my sig for people to download

Scorchiolio
January 24th, 2007, 01:24
What? Is it a homebrew PS1 game? Because if it is, that's cool. If it's a commercial game, that's not cool :)

Oh, by the way, I'd reccomend using the regular Popstation. If you need help using it PM me, I made a guide for newbies.

MicroNut
January 24th, 2007, 01:35
You might have forgot to put the KEYS.BIN file in the same folder with your EBOOT.PBP

Use the KEYS.BIN file that was created with the EBOOT.PBP

In general, that what generates the CA000005 error code

lmtlmt
January 24th, 2007, 01:48
What? Is it a homebrew PS1 game? Because if it is, that's cool. If it's a commercial game, that's not cool :)

Oh, by the way, I'd reccomend using the regular Popstation. If you need help using it PM me, I made a guide for newbies.

i ripped it from my own disc, i own the game:)

xinistri
March 17th, 2007, 13:24
i ripped it from my own disc, i own the game:)

Mate, I am having this exact same issue. I've been ripping my own discs... (PAL cause I'm Aussie too!) tried using the pal4u2k patches and all that stuff, also tried not patching, tried all different possibilities. Tried compressed and not compressed. I have tried using different programmes to make my ISO's. I have tried in 1.50 kernel and 3.03 kernel mode, and still as soon as I start the game and get past the disclaimer I get either error 80010002 or CA000005!

Has anyone had this problem and resolved it yet???

weirdelf
March 17th, 2007, 15:28
3.10 oe-a has support for pal games

dreamwalker
March 17th, 2007, 21:44
Mate, I am having this exact same issue. I've been ripping my own discs... (PAL cause I'm Aussie too!) tried using the pal4u2k patches and all that stuff, also tried not patching, tried all different possibilities. Tried compressed and not compressed. I have tried using different programmes to make my ISO's. I have tried in 1.50 kernel and 3.03 kernel mode, and still as soon as I start the game and get past the disclaimer I get either error 80010002 or CA000005!

Has anyone had this problem and resolved it yet???

There are a few things that may affect your ability to pay psx games. Are you using 303oec? If you are using an earier fw then don't forget the keys.bin file along with your eboot.pbp or the game won't run (as was mentioned by MicroNut). Make sure you have put your eboot.pbp in the psp/game/game_id folder (where game_id is the unique sony id code for the game). Also depending on the popstation gui you are using and how you have set it up you may still need the keys.bin file aswell (even in 303oec and above). I tend to find Coldbirds PALadin 1.3 to be a good package to use to convert PAL to NTSC, although as mentioned by weirdelf if you upgrade to 3.10 oea' you should not need to patch your games at all. Hope this helps ...:D