PDA

View Full Version : Idea for DaX Elite Firmware 1.0

porchemasi
January 24th, 2007, 19:09
I think it's time to STOP waiting for Sony to add new features to the PSP, when we have the power to create our own! After the amazing work from DaX, noobz team, harelyg, and the rest I believe we can make our own ELITE SONY PSP FIRMWARE!

By removing:
- all languages except for "English" (special mods for specific languages in the future)
- Online Manual
- Location Free Player (already gone)
- PERMANENT removal of System Update

In order to store up much needed FLASH0 storage I propose DaX and friends create their own features!

Possibilities Include:
- eBook reader module .prx(.txt, .doc, .xml, .ppt, pdf)
- Wireless Connection module .prx (pc-psp file sharing + startup program for winxp)
- Restart PSP/ Shutdown PSP module prx
- Multiple codecs for audio, video, and images (divx, xvid, .gif ect)
- File Directory browser (cut,paste, delete, files off ms0)

I am already aware of some of these plugins that have been already made, BUT alot have glitches and arent properly flashed into the XMB without side effects. These prx's must be renamed and have their own icon ect, as if made by Sony themselves! I also am aware of EBOOTS/homebrew that do the same functions, but my idea is a universal firmware that can view/run/play/edit off the XMB .... ex. place a document in EBOOKS folder and go in the XMB under eBooks and run the doc and it will open off the XMB, much like the official picture viewer or video player

If anyone else agrees with me, plz leave a comment. I 'd appreciate it if DC could contact Dark_AleX and see if some of these things are possible.

We need to start fully customizing the vsh to run kool prx off the actual XMB! Sum releases are amazin prx's like the (ftp prx and restart prx but could use more work!)

USB Connection
Wireless Connect
Restart PSP________DivX, XviD
PSP Explorer ________ AVI, WMV
__ | _______________|
Settings Photo Music Video Ebook Internet
_________ | _____ | __________|
_______ GIF, BMP MIDI, AT3 PDF, DOC, PPT
_________ ect TXT, XML

I REALIZE THIS SEEMS LIKE ALOT OF WORK, BUT IN THEORY ALL THE APPLICATIONS HAVE BEEN ALREADY MADE! They just need PRX conversion + XMB compatibility!

Any coders believe this is practical or even possible? PLEASE SHARE YOUR IDEAS! .:thumbup:

scottyboynow
January 24th, 2007, 20:19
That whould be sweet, and not to metion a new shell.

splodger15
January 24th, 2007, 20:22
We only have a certain amont of flash space to use

scottyboynow
January 24th, 2007, 20:25
A totaly remade firmware rewritten would help that.

xg917
January 24th, 2007, 20:28
imagine that, now this is a REAL custom firmware

well i would actually want to know what DAX is actually working on now at this moment before anything

gdf
January 24th, 2007, 20:40
yeah man, good idea!

ExcruciationX
January 24th, 2007, 20:46
Nice idea!

ICE
January 24th, 2007, 20:52
by deleting the other languages and crap we dont need we could have room for other prx's that we do. nice idea.

Accordion
January 24th, 2007, 21:12
prxs can be loaded from the memstick...

all i want is WPA support...

porchemasi
January 25th, 2007, 00:30
-I meant to load prx's from special icons on the xmb

-Also most ideas use 1mb ea ....of flash0 space

There should be AMPLE ROOM in flash0

xg917
January 25th, 2007, 01:57
wut would be more custom is seeing and editing Flash in recovery menu, also a back up flash that so that if we brick we can just recovery straight back to exactly the same settings as before the brick.
wow i feel woosie, dont mind me if i said somethin dat didnt mad sence

Gizmo356
January 25th, 2007, 01:59
Well yeah it is a good idea but just imagine the time it would take to make this..

xg917
January 25th, 2007, 02:17
Well yeah it is a good idea but just imagine the time it would take to make this..

yea seriously, i dont think its gona happen, i would actually just stick with OE and anything new that will come up (thats not by SONY!) we actually have everything that we really need, its just a few things that we ask for that DAX can actually surprise us with in his next project

porchemasi
January 25th, 2007, 04:30
I believe if the respected developers who already made the eboots can EASILY convert their works into .prx, then DaX can modify the prx modules that are loaded from pre-existant icons

Ex. Remove "Online Manual" and make it boot BookR that has been modified to work in the VSH ...

I'd appreciate if someone with coding experience shared my idea

S34MU5
January 25th, 2007, 05:42
I was going to say this was stupid as 0x89 is been worked on, turns out it has been stopped

http://www.0x89.org/

but eh maybe dark_alex will answer you call.