PDA

View Full Version : POP tomb raider???

Accordion
January 24th, 2007, 23:08
i need help

i have been trying to convert my tomb raider 1 cd to use with DA 3.03OE-B, but when i start the game all i get is memstick status light blinking for a few seconds and then black screen...for ever[well 10 minutes]

i used cloneCD to rip the image including .ccd file and others. i placed all the ripped files into one file on the desktop

tried using popfront....with the cdda popstation.exe and the .dll files base.pbp and keys.bin present...seemed to work...but black screen

ahh! its a pal version!
so i tried the PSX2PSP GUI with same files...and the pal>ntsc conversion... but same results
覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧覧

is it a bad rip?
What do I do?

i really need to play this game again!!!!

joshisposer
January 25th, 2007, 03:07
You can't use the compressor with a ccd. YOu need to use an ISO. So, use an older popstation and don't compress it.

M Dash
January 25th, 2007, 10:20
Well, I have the Tomb Raider I (NTSC) and it works fine...

Of course, it only works with the popstation.exe with the CDDA support, and it supports compressed image. must be in CCD format.

Maybe it's because you're using a PAL version? You didn't ripped of nothing from the game did you?

steve-b
January 25th, 2007, 11:50
sounds like a bad dump to me

hank splendid
January 25th, 2007, 12:15
I've managed to get the PAL version to convert with no problem - so it does sound like you've got a bad rip.

Accordion
January 25th, 2007, 12:29
any tips...should i try a diferent app to rip???

can you suggest one

i know the disc is good because it works in my ps2. but i dont have aclue how else to rip the cd and get a .ccd file

im also trying cloneCD again now. maybe i missed something stupid...
————————————————
its now working

i ripped again with changing settings from fast to best in cloneCD.
thanks for trying to help. all works great now!!!