PDA

View Full Version : Y.A.R.G The Lua RPG!

Gh0ztx
January 25th, 2007, 01:01
Okay , well 3 week's back i started to learn C/C++ and its pretty confusing . So i started lua , and i came up with Y.A.R.G ( Yet another Rpg Game ) the Lua Rpg Game . Its not extremely advanced , but im trying my best after 1 week of studying tutorial's . The graphics from this game where taken from a game called N.A.R.G (Not Another Rpg Game) . I bow to them for the good graphic's. The Fadeing Code and the Ai code was givin to me from Zion . Thank you zion , but i had to mod alot of the AI code to work in my game . He also gave me the SkullGuy Graphics . The reason i had to have graphics givin to me is because , i have window's service pack 1 ( lost SP2 cd = \ ) and i cannot install paint.net or Gimp without Sp2 . So to make a long story short i worked 3 weeks on this . Please PLEASE PLEASE give me suggestions comments and encouragement. encouragement always makes a coder more encouraged to do a project. Also im in a lot of need of a gfx creator.
Thank you,
Gh0ztx
ENJOY!

PS :This is a setup for 3.03oe-b , but you can just change the path to game instead of GAME150

In game screenshot .. the character was attacking and got hit , in the game there is config settings in which u can remove the top left corner stuff .
http://img176.imageshack.us/img176/743/screenshot9xf.png
a pause game picture
http://img257.imageshack.us/img257/3083/pausegamescreenshot7dl.png

Now ive ben informed that the graphics that i used from N.A.R.G were took from RPG Maker Xp , so therefore i will remove NARG from credits and add RPG Maker xp in there , sorry for this , i didnt really research it much =\ . in later releases ill be moding the sprites to look diffrent , sorry for this .

Download and give feedback via comment

Mark30001
January 25th, 2007, 01:14
Impressive for your first LUA game!

I wish you the best of luck in the future. :)

gunntims0103
January 25th, 2007, 01:22
Great work bro, i moved it to the news forums :)

carlitx
January 25th, 2007, 01:39
nice work at coding i am trying to get a port of lua pong working so ill have that up soon i do hope but the furture aint lookin to good cause i have more imp stuff to do like school and trying to getint a good secoondary so ill be on the scene wen i gets the time to finish the code:)

Gh0ztx
January 25th, 2007, 01:53
Thanks guys =)

Gizmo356
January 25th, 2007, 01:54
Nice work give you 4 thumbs up.

Gh0ztx
January 25th, 2007, 02:05
yay =) ty

mexicansnake
January 25th, 2007, 02:18
Nice, good for your first one ;).

baracki96
January 25th, 2007, 03:33
Wow, excellent for some first work. You have inspired me to start into this Lua coding. I enjoy the game, and hope that you only improve in skill.Sry, when i'm tired english bad gets.

Zargon
January 25th, 2007, 03:46
1. Nice game!
2. Service pack 2 can be installed from the Microsoft update website. My apologies, though, if you have dial-up. It will take forever.

Gh0ztx
January 25th, 2007, 04:05
yeh, lol i know that but dialup roflmao , 500megs + dialup = DAYS . i might buy a SP2 disc for 9 bucks off microsoft .

Vizuke
January 25th, 2007, 04:13
Wow that's very nice work. I am starting my own project too. Very nice!

dagger89
January 25th, 2007, 05:00
yeh, lol i know that but dialup roflmao , 500megs + dialup = DAYS . i might buy a SP2 disc for 9 bucks off microsoft .
Don't bother... Order a free disc of you favorite linux distro, and just dual boot SP1 and the linux distro of your choosing.... ubuntu has free discs, if you request one, and it comes pre-installed with several gfx applications.... Or just download DAMN SMALL LINUX or PUPPY LINUX (small enough even for dial-up) and then install the GIMP....

Better than paying $9 to Micro$oft....

S34MU5
January 25th, 2007, 05:20
Gh0ztx nice game, sorry i didnt get a chance to try it out before. Looks sweet though!

Why is the hero called cloud though.....

and there is a spelling mistake where it says "view you'r magic"

kiore
January 25th, 2007, 06:33
who said homebrew's dead .nice work .

kando
January 25th, 2007, 07:06
wow this is what happens when u get the right person for the right job, EXCELLENT looking game for your first job! looks like you have that natural ability, i look foward to the final project! :D

of course for it to be truely an RPG you gotta have lots of alternate paths and hidden stuff...again i wish u the best!

nibblemynutz
January 25th, 2007, 08:25
o:

Intriguing.

Andy6000
January 25th, 2007, 09:05
Those graphics are actually the default graphics set for RPG Maker XP, and it's in breach of some contract or other to use them on a different developing platform, etc., etc. You know the spiel, just giving you fair warning. (since whoever made NARG didn't make them).

Oh and the guy in your character screen is widely hated by the people that use RMXP.

Veskgar
January 25th, 2007, 09:36
Congrats on this impressive 1st release.

guardiansnowman
January 25th, 2007, 09:46
did u use rpg maker xp for this? i have rpg maker at home and this is EXACTLY the same... its a programe i used when i was 10 years old....

Yungblaqs
January 25th, 2007, 10:20
Yo can anyone send me info on hot to code lua???

(Studying: CCNA, JAVA and A+)

Gh0ztx
January 25th, 2007, 11:59
Those graphics are actually the default graphics set for RPG Maker XP, and it's in breach of some contract or other to use them on a different developing platform, etc., etc. You know the spiel, just giving you fair warning. (since whoever made NARG didn't make them).

Oh and the guy in your character screen is widely hated by the people that use RMXP.

Are you serius ? . i seriusly did not know this .. but i modded the graphics alot ..

shadowprophet
January 25th, 2007, 12:02
Nice work gh0ztx.

I see my specail message to jjnova is still in there :rofl:

Awesome work bro!

yaustar
January 29th, 2007, 01:02
Strange, I am sure I managed to install both GIMP and Paint.net on SP1 last year.

Try Portable Gimp: http://portableapps.com/apps/graphics_pictures/gimp_portable

h4s30
March 27th, 2007, 03:08
ahhh if you need story and characters i got the goods baby goes for anyone

PM if anyone is interested