PDA

View Full Version : How long have you been in the scene?

cdrdj
January 25th, 2007, 19:09
With the release of the custom firmwares by the great DA, I've start to think about how simple things were a while back when all this just started. So where was the scene at when you entered?

I bought my psp and entered the scene the WEEK that KXPLOIT was discovered and 1.5 was still hard to program for. I just can't imagine having to swap sticks just to load things before that. Lucky me, I never needed to.

wraggster
January 25th, 2007, 19:19
ive been following the PSP scene since the day sony announced the console

splodger15
January 25th, 2007, 19:22
Well my join date tells all

ICE
January 25th, 2007, 19:32
hmm i had no clue about homebrew at all until about a year ago... however i now have a psp- 3.03 OE-C and a dreamcast with hombrew out the wazoo.

dejkirkby
January 25th, 2007, 19:34
I ordered my first PSP from Lik-Sang (RIP) the day it was released, but never got into homebrew till a few months later.

wraggster
January 25th, 2007, 19:39
i actualy followed emulation since 1995 or maybe earlier.

twas ages ago

Yobumtin
January 25th, 2007, 19:44
I followed it for a while. Then I stupidly upgraded to 2.71 before I could try any homebrew. Then I got a TA-082 PSP which I later found out was not downgradable. Then the TA-082 downgrader downgraded this psp. My other psp was always at the highest firmware. Then my sister used it a lot and upgraded it to 3.03. So I'm just waiting for a 3.03 downgrader. But yeah I've been looking over the psp scene before I even got a psp.

S34MU5
January 25th, 2007, 20:16
I got a PSP on sept 1st midnight UK launch date, later that day i used upgraded to V2, then 1.5 then got homebrewing. I think the first app i had was Pong.
Not sure.

It has evolved so much, sony update just keep getting owned XD

Keep it going!

I had used PSP-Hacks at first, then i found DCemu, then i found the DCemu forums :D

hockey2112
January 25th, 2007, 20:26
I received my PSP for Christmas on 2005, from my wife. I found DCEmu and got into the homebrew scene in January 2006, and performed the 1.51>2.0 upgrade, to use the eloader.

Napalm-Death
January 25th, 2007, 20:27
Since my birthday back in 2005. December 29th. XD

Darksaviour69
January 25th, 2007, 20:36
13-Dec-2001 2:35 pm i joined boob.co.uk (dreamcast site), but i was into mac and p.c emus for a long time before that

acn010
January 25th, 2007, 22:34
i bought it the day it came out in new york waiting outside like others, and here i am......
i already know theres was a kxploit thing but never got my attention till psp revolution came out!
i was crazy,

ExcruciationX
January 25th, 2007, 22:41
I've been in the PSP scene since the first homebrew for 1.00 came out.

I've known about homebrew since 2003 (Xbox Homebrew).

acn010
January 25th, 2007, 23:04
I've been in the PSP scene since the first homebrew for 1.00 came out.

I've known about homebrew since 2003 (Xbox Homebrew).

and you joined in feb 2006
i knew homebrew when gb emulator came out for pc

ExcruciationX
January 26th, 2007, 00:27
and you joined in feb 2006
i knew homebrew when gb emulator came out for pc
Yep, I was a lurker at PSP-HACKS.com. I learned about PSmonkey's N64 Emu, so I joined here.

F9zDark
January 26th, 2007, 01:30
Since June of 2005

Tetris999
January 26th, 2007, 02:09
ive been lurking at psp hacks too then i joined dcemu

juggaleaux
January 28th, 2007, 04:17
Christmas 2005. I got a 1.52, then used the old tiff exploit from 2.0 to drop to 1.50. Then I bought a game, and had to upgrade to 2.50 to play it. At that point, I was stuck with just that one game and no homebrew, so I put my PSP in the closet. It stayed there for about six months, until a way to downgrade was discovered. I dropped to 1.50, and have been following ever since.

Kramer
January 28th, 2007, 04:21
Id say around December 7th 2005. Before that I had no idea what homebrew was but I knew a little bit about emulation.

gunntims0103
January 28th, 2007, 04:26
Didn't know about homebrew until a friend first showed me homebrew running on his psp. At the time i was on 2.0 and really didn't fully start following homebrew until my join date here at DCEmu.

iniquitous_beast
January 28th, 2007, 04:52
I'd played with emulators and homebrew on the ps2 and dreamcast for quite some time before getting a psp on launch. Thus, I began searching for info on psp emulation and homebrew. This was the first site I found, and I've been sticking with it ever since.

jason215
January 28th, 2007, 20:53
Got one From liksang 2 days when it came out

and i followed the scene since the first hello world :P

bullhead
January 28th, 2007, 20:59
Jan 16th 06' my birthday. I then came accross DCEMU in feb. I spend more time here than on the psp!

bull, x.

scottyboynow
January 28th, 2007, 21:30
I have been following since May 2006, I went on this site before I even got my PSP, but stupidly upgraded, I never thought that someday I'd be a 3.03OE-C User.

Xiofire
January 28th, 2007, 21:31
Had my PSP from US about a month after release, put psp into google. Someone on a forum was talking about "homebrew". Check out what it ment, found you could only run it on 1.00. Stuck with the "scene". Was there when Kxploit was first found and released :D Now a proud owner of a 3.03 OE-C
-Xiofire

Anonymous D
January 28th, 2007, 21:43
been into pc emulators for ages now since a mate asked me what to do with a rom he downloaded, had dreamcast homebrew until that broke, got a gp2x and had that for about a year, then got a psp 2.60 original about 7 months ago. Now i have a ps2 ive got homebrew on that to.

MicroNut
January 28th, 2007, 21:44
Ive been in a scene or another since I first purchased my Sega Saturn for $300
From then on its been a cyclic adventure of when, who, why and where.

A 3 year stay in Japan was eye opening.
Folks in Akihabara sold modchips on the corners like crack is sold here in the states.

I picked up my PSP about 6 months after it was released.

I consider myself lucky to have made it to 3.03 OE-C
So many, it seems, brick their PSP.

Soft-modding is always a scary thing.
A UP chip is not something I want to try and install.

DCEMU has been one of the best forums for the PSP and older consoles.
These folks keep it together.

NoQuarter
January 28th, 2007, 21:51
I started checking things out when somebody showed me a snes emu running via swaploit.I had my PSP on reserve about a month before it came out.This little piece of handheld gold got me into computers.

Video_freak
January 28th, 2007, 21:55
Well, I learned about homebrew in November of 2005. It was PSP homebrew... I joined on December 1st, 2005. I didn't start posting and actually getting into the scene until about May or June of 2006.

NoQuarter
January 28th, 2007, 22:13
Hey, I just rememberd video freak and I joined dcemu the same month :)
I pretty much spend most of my time on the internet here and at digg.
I, like some of the other members was a lurker at psp-hacks for a while before I joined dcemu.Tried to avoid QJ though,alot of comments over there are really nasty.

JKKDARK
January 28th, 2007, 22:16
In the mid '06, when I got my PSP.

acn010
January 28th, 2007, 23:07
good for you
i was on a spanish homebrew scene

InanimateCrbnRod
January 29th, 2007, 00:47
I've been in the psp scene since june 26th, but because I didn't know homebrew wouldn't work on 2.6 firmware I didn't get into the homebrew scene until a week after the TIFF exploit was found.

Shrygue
January 29th, 2007, 00:54
I have been on with the homebrew scene since I joined DCEmu in June 2006.

Man
January 29th, 2007, 01:10
Iv been here, since about a month after the psp came out, i never signed up, just leached until i had to sign up lol. I upgraded to 2.00 to play GTA:lcs, and then i was screwed for a while, but i was lucky and a downgrader came out. Iv followed the seen ever since.

Nicko01
January 29th, 2007, 01:46
I got my psp in January 2006, but I didn't hear of homebrew until much later. I already updated to 2.60, which needed gta then.
I found homebrew when I was looking for psp cheats and found www.psp-vault.com. I found a section called homebrew, which I didn't really know or care what it was. Later, out of curiosity and boredom, I looked and found tons of games. I remember when I went camping with my laptop(lol) and installed some homebrew. I didn't know why it wasn't loading until I read the readme of the homebrew pack I had. It said on 2.60 I needed GTA:LCS and my parents wouldn't let me get it.
I waited looking for a way to run homebrew on 2.60 without GTA. Then I upgraded to 2.71 for the demos. Later I joined hackerelite.proboards79.com. Hackerelite was trying to hack 2.71 in every way he could think of. He almost got the code for the tiff exploit to work, but then the downgrader for 2.71 was released. The site was then abandoned, so i folowed another person from the site to cloudpsp.co.nr. That site just recently became the victim of spam. Now I am waiting at 2.71 for only a few weeks, when I am getting U.P. on my psp. I'm going straight to OE-C.
Also, I have 95 homebrew games and apps on my 4gb right now :D

penileartery
January 29th, 2007, 01:55
june of 2005 around there sometime

SpooForBrains
January 29th, 2007, 16:50
My wife bought me my PSP when it came out in the UK in Septermber, and gave it to me for Christmas. I foolishly upgraded, since the limited reading I had done suggested that I'd be able to downgrade. Big mistake. I eventually got hold of GTA when I could find a copy at a decent price, and used DGen, but since homebrew using the GTA exploit was so limited, and most of the stuff I loved about the PSP (like sleep mode) became useless, I tired of it fairly quickly.

Then, some time later I was reading Wikipedia, I found out about custom firmwares and installed Dark_Alex's 2.71 SE (this wasn't long after its release, I don't think). Been lurking here ever since.

Ci5tm Konfliqt
January 29th, 2007, 17:01
bout two weeks after the japan release of psp. not sure of the exact date

the_eternal_dark
January 29th, 2007, 19:23
PSP - Since launch
Xbox - Since the 29 wire mod
PS2 - since the first series of modchips and swap exploits (now i currently use DMS4 Pro with USBXtreme, yay!)
Dreamcast - since launch
PS1 - since the 4 wire modchip and the original gameshark/import loader

Emulation/homebrew over all since 1997 with my first PC

MicroNut
January 29th, 2007, 20:43
PSP - Since launch Xbox - Since the 29 wire mod

Thought I recognized the name and icon from xbox-scene... ?

Wasn’t the 29 wire mod fun?
29 wires 58 solder points.

Pics work just take time to load.
Xbox: modchipmemories (http://www.fullburn.com/xbox/modchipmods/)

the_eternal_dark
January 30th, 2007, 00:05
Thought I recognized the name and icon from xbox-scene... ?

Wasn’t the 29 wire mod fun?
29 wires 58 solder points.

Pics work just take time to load.
Xbox: modchipmemories (http://www.fullburn.com/xbox/modchipmods/)

Yep. I was there for a while until it got boring. I still love the 29 wire mod, it's reliable, but I also love my Xecuter 3CE as well.

Those were the days, now everyone has solderless options and install services for everyone.

the_eternal_dark
January 30th, 2007, 00:05
I am still a member (inactive) at the Llamma.com forums too (same name).

Sharkey
January 30th, 2007, 00:19
ive been following the PSP scene since the day sony announced the console

Ditto. I had my first psp preordered so I got it on day one. By august I joined here and started getting into homebrew, mostly for my love of old FPShooters like Doom and Quake.

I got a second psp when I bought GTALCS and realized I would have to upgrade at the time to play it. Of course they are both on 3.03 OEC now so I don't really need them both but its still cool to have one for games and one for media.

the_eternal_dark
January 30th, 2007, 00:33
Ditto. I had my first psp preordered so I got it on day one. By august I joined here and started getting into homebrew, mostly for my love of old FPShooters like Doom and Quake.

I nearly crapped when Doom came out. When Quake was released, I nearly died (expecially when online became available).

shango46
January 31st, 2007, 22:16
I have been in the scene since about Oct 15 2006 ( when I got my PSP ). I did not mind that I had a TA-082 2.71 PSP because I found HENC and DevHook 0.46. That was until I found out about 2.71SE. Oh how I wished and watched the scene for weeks to no avail for a way for SE on TA-082 mobo's. Then the fake downgrader by dark.thug came out and I was so crushed. It made me so mad that I created an auto installer for HEND and devhook for the unfortunate TA-082 users who were just as crushed as me. Then a couple of days passed by and the downgrader for 2.71 TA-082's came out. I was in ecstatic bliss when I saw 1.50 on my PSP. Now I am using 3.02OE B. I have customized the hell out of it. Custom gameboots ( Which I make myself ), Custom top menu with new menu pics and text ( hex editing is fun ), Custom Intro ( Using Flashless CIntro method ), Custom Font that I created myself ( flashed with X-Flash ), and Final Fantasy 7 and Civilization 2 on my 2GB card. Plus I have a 1GB card I use for all my homebrew and internet stuff. Thank you $ony for the greatest hombrew portable!

SSaxdude
January 31st, 2007, 23:03
Launch day US I got my PSP, been into the one-and-only-scene since August 2005.

baracki96
January 31st, 2007, 23:04
I've been using homebrew on my psp since there was homebrew. I bought my psp on release day, my first app was a drum beat maker.