PDA

View Full Version : 222-333 clock speed wtf does it all mean?

carlitx
January 25th, 2007, 19:45
ya im new to the whole clock speed thing do does it make loading faster or something?? i realy dont know sp plz help thnx in advanced for the info.

xcjzerox
January 25th, 2007, 19:47
Is how fast you're psp is going

with that new speed load time is faster

carlitx
January 25th, 2007, 19:48
ok kool this is very helpfull than minuse the quicker battery comsumption but still awsom!

ICE
January 25th, 2007, 19:49
Makes stuff load faster. the higher the better as long as you dont somehow go above 333Mhz because thats the limit for the psp.

S34MU5
January 25th, 2007, 19:54
over 333mhz and it melts through the PSP drops out of it and keeps melting, to the middle of the earth. It happened to my friend.

GTA:VCS if you are using a backup of your game it dusnt run good at all at 222mhz

carlitx
January 25th, 2007, 20:08
ah i c but i tryed on default-333 for my umd valkyrie profile and all i get is a hanging black screen with the power on.

eddy22
January 27th, 2007, 04:46
over 333mhz and it melts through the PSP drops out of it and keeps melting, to the middle of the earth. It happened to my friend.

GTA:VCS if you are using a backup of your game it dusnt run good at all at 222mhz

How do you change the clock to above 333 mhz? I wont do it cause i dont want my PSP to melt, Im just wondering.

Hobobo
January 27th, 2007, 06:18
How do you change the clock to above 333 mhz? I wont do it cause i dont want my PSP to melt, Im just wondering.

Roflmao xD

That guy was just joking it WON'T melt.

gunntims0103
January 27th, 2007, 06:48
Clock Speed Also called clock rate, the speed at which a microprocessor executes instructions. Every computer contains an internal clock that regulates the rate at which instructions are executed and synchronizes all the various computer components. The CPU requires a fixed number of clock ticks (or clock cycles) to execute each instruction. The faster the clock, the more instructions the CPU can execute per second.

Clock speeds are expressed in megahertz (MHz) or gigahertz ((GHz).

The internal architecture of a CPU has as much to do with a CPU's performance as the clock speed, so two CPUs with the same clock speed will not necessarily perform equally. Whereas an Intel 80286 microprocessor requires 20 cycles to multiply two numbers, an Intel 80486 or later processor can perform the same calculation in a single clock tick. (Note that clock tick here refers to the system's clock, which runs at 66 MHz for all PCs.) These newer processors, therefore, would be 20 times faster than the older processors even if their clock speeds were the same. In addition, some microprocessors are superscalar, which means that they can execute more than one instruction per clock cycle.

Like CPUs, expansion buses also have clock speeds. Ideally, the CPU clock speed and the bus clock speed should be the same so that neither component slows down the other. In practice, the bus clock speed is often slower than the CPU clock speed, which creates a bottleneck. This is why new local buses, such as AGP, have been developed.

This intern applies to the psp as the psp also uses clock speed to run various app's, games, and programs. Its the rate at which these programs run on the psp system. Some programs take less clock speed to run on such as a nes emulator running on 222MHz, while the psx emulator is running at 333MHz. Its the power at which these programs run on the psp system.

psp fan
January 27th, 2007, 14:34
Clock Speed Also called clock rate, the speed at which a microprocessor executes instructions. Every computer contains an internal clock that regulates the rate at which instructions are executed and synchronizes all the various computer components. The CPU requires a fixed number of clock ticks (or clock cycles) to execute each instruction. The faster the clock, the more instructions the CPU can execute per second.

Clock speeds are expressed in megahertz (MHz) or gigahertz ((GHz).

The internal architecture of a CPU has as much to do with a CPU's performance as the clock speed, so two CPUs with the same clock speed will not necessarily perform equally. Whereas an Intel 80286 microprocessor requires 20 cycles to multiply two numbers, an Intel 80486 or later processor can perform the same calculation in a single clock tick. (Note that clock tick here refers to the system's clock, which runs at 66 MHz for all PCs.) These newer processors, therefore, would be 20 times faster than the older processors even if their clock speeds were the same. In addition, some microprocessors are superscalar, which means that they can execute more than one instruction per clock cycle.

Like CPUs, expansion buses also have clock speeds. Ideally, the CPU clock speed and the bus clock speed should be the same so that neither component slows down the other. In practice, the bus clock speed is often slower than the CPU clock speed, which creates a bottleneck. This is why new local buses, such as AGP, have been developed.

This intern applies to the psp as the psp also uses clock speed to run various app's, games, and programs. Its the rate at which these programs run on the psp system. Some programs take less clock speed to run on such as a nes emulator running on 222MHz, while the psx emulator is running at 333MHz. Its the power at which these programs run on the psp system.
guntimms said it like it is you cant get it more simpler than that! :thumbup:

carlitx
January 27th, 2007, 14:41
haha thnx again guys

scottyboynow
January 27th, 2007, 21:16
But, it will decrease your battery life like a Ford Mustang. NFS:Carbon in 333mhz is fast but loads so fast in infrastructure that your connection is lost with the other players.

carlitx
January 27th, 2007, 22:35
ahh i c alrdy knew bout the batttery thing though