PDA

View Full Version : Hello World on all firmwares!

zeritooverride
January 26th, 2007, 00:40
Well I just went to noobz site and found out about the Goofy Hello World Exploit....Does this mean Downgrader will soon follow for 2.81 to 3.03 users?

I decided to give it a try and it sure works heres the link:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kcnUDajeWP0

*I just posted the video so I guess it takes time for them to put it up :s*

(BTW I love this site this is my first post!)

ICE
January 26th, 2007, 00:53
thats the idea.

vision
January 26th, 2007, 01:27
Hopefully...

WiSEdog
January 26th, 2007, 01:35
Here's the article for those too lazy to look (taken from N00bz! site). :) Me? I'm a v2.81 user myself and I'm quite hopeful... ;)

Sony goofed again! Hello World on all v2.0-3.03 firmwares!
Written by Fanjita

You remember that the only thing holding us back from a downgrader for v3.03 was the lack of a user-mode exploit?

Well, we don't like to be held back from anything, so we went back to basics and looked over some of the old exploits. And what do you know? We found one!

We did a little digging into the old GTA exploit, and discovered that it hadn't been properly patched after all. We'll leave it as an exercise for the interested reader to figure out exactly how we got past the patch (and to give Sony a little while longer before the head-slapping "Doh!" moment :p ).

But the short version is that we can now run code again via Grand Theft Auto : Liberty City Stories. You want some proof? Check out the Goofy Hello World download below. Here's a little screenshot:

Some details on how to use it:

You need an original, unpatched GTA:LCS game. See here and here for tips on how to check your version, although it can be confusing. The new copies that you find in the shops now will not work.
This only works for Liberty City Stories, not Vice City Stories.
Extract the files from the ZIP into the /PSP/SAVEDATA folder on your memory stick.
Start the GTA game, and enjoy the feeling of freshly-minted homebrew :D

And what of the future? Well, we should have a 3.03 downgrader ready within the week, using this exploit. Watch this space!

flame0247
January 26th, 2007, 06:04
do you think it will work?

Bytrix
January 26th, 2007, 12:36
Looks like it's good. Only downside is you'll need an unpatched GTA LC UMD to downgrade. But this may lead the way towards a general exploit being found.

splodger15
January 26th, 2007, 16:24
Expect a new firmware Soon

mikebeaver
January 26th, 2007, 17:34
I agree with Splodger15, as soon as Sony get wind of a downgrader for all firmwares they will have a new firmware out quicker than you can say "owned".

flame0247
January 26th, 2007, 18:16
Does this only work with GTA lcs?
I have battle front 2 and it says update to 2.0 aswell . does that have anything to do with it?

splodger15
January 26th, 2007, 18:36
That why it says GTA LCS not battlefront 2 :rofl:

It only works for GTA LCS

scottyboynow
January 26th, 2007, 18:37
Expect a new firmware Soon

Let it sink in to sony first. I bet the people who make the firmware are being slated by the SCE bosses, "This is a old exploit, why has'nt it been patched", Ha lol.