PDA

View Full Version : An idea for debranding on OE-C...

Mr. Shizzy
January 26th, 2007, 02:12
I just tried to debrand my gameboot, but the newest X-Flash don't support OE-C , b/c it gave me the boot. :(

I got to thinking, I bet you could use X-Flash to debrand on 3.03 OE-B, and then upgrade to OE-C, and replace the opening_plugin.rco with the backed up one you debanded on OE-B firmware.

I'm almost sure it would debrand the gameboot on OE-C. But I'm concerned that it could also have effects on my PS1 (POPS) games. I know DarK-AleX made some changes to POPS on OE-C...

I know it sounds like a lotta work. And Art will probably update X-Flash soon. But seeing that PSP logo on my gameboot sure does drive me crazy. :mad:

Tu papa
January 26th, 2007, 03:39
Won't work, just tried. I use the opening_plugin to redirect the gameboot, so i flashed the oe-b one, but the psp logo still shows

michael_dack_2005
January 26th, 2007, 08:20
if your talking about changing ur gameboot, just go into the recovery menu, open up flash 0 on USB, and replace the file, i don't know about debranding it tho.

I have already changed the colour of the theme in the backgorund and the topmenu_plugin.rco very easily

Baboon
January 26th, 2007, 08:59
if your talking about changing ur gameboot, just go into the recovery menu, open up flash 0 on USB, and replace the file, i don't know about debranding it tho.

I have already changed the colour of the theme in the backgorund and the topmenu_plugin.rco very easily

Or if you dont know what your doing (like me) and dont want to risk playing about with the flash use Gameboot Redirector v1.0. Its totaly safe because it doesnt write to the flash, plus you can use larger gameboots and not be resticted to what space you have left in flash! ...and it works with 303OE-C! :thumbup:

vision
January 26th, 2007, 21:29
Ight let me get this straigh

you go into oe-b and use a intro then you save then opening_plugin.rco and you update to oe-c then flash the .rco you saved?

if so..it sounds intersting

but doesnt cintro use INTRO.pmf ?