PDA

View Full Version : Wii worth it?

psp fan
January 27th, 2007, 18:10
I have the golden chance to get a wii my Q.is it worth it? its rly hard to get it in england right now and well im tight on the cash but if its rly good i will not miss this opitunuity i jus want u guys opinion:)

Shane R. Monroe
January 27th, 2007, 20:08
It truly depends on whether you're okay with sacrificing graphics for gameplay.

Personally, I feel there are at LEAST five TOP NOTCH games out for the Wii out right now, along with several more that are at least AA titles. To me, that's worth it.

It's a damn fun machine - but "worth it" is subjective to the person playing it.

Xiofire
January 27th, 2007, 20:18
Id have to say not worth it, and i know people will hate me for saying that, its just, ive had my Wii since launch day, and after a week of playing it non stop, it had become boring, with little or nothing to really go back to. Red Steel was annoying, Zelda was boring after a bit, and Wii sports was repetative. But its your choice, not mine, just my opinion.
-Xiofire

Nicko01
January 27th, 2007, 20:35
SACRIFICING graphics?? How is it sacrificing graphics? It is at least PS2 graphics(better actually). Who even cares about graphics??
In my opinion, the Wii is awesome and definately worth it.

Shrygue
January 27th, 2007, 20:51
Wii isn't on my get list, the Wiimote control looks like a big fiddle to get used to. I I'll stick to buying the PS3 when it arrives in the UK.

SSaxdude
January 27th, 2007, 21:20
Wii isn't on my get list, the Wiimote control looks like a big fiddle to get used to. I I'll stick to buying the PS3 when it arrives in the UK.

I know old people who could pick up the Wiimote and play Wii Sports in little to no time. Unless your hands are broken, I'd say nobody should have a hard time with the Wiimote.

Accordion
January 27th, 2007, 21:49
Wii remote is near perfect..no anologue buttons [ maybe "Z" but im not sure]

Graphics are smart [not best, but better than ps2/gamecube/most Xbox]

multiplayer is the best feature, and those who think sports is boring...probably dont have any friends...

FPS games are reborn...but dont bother with redsteel or farcry... COD3, could be best launch game...

psp fan
January 27th, 2007, 22:32
ok that really has opened up my opinions o it but i really dont know i mean i think the ps3 is a lil bit of a rip off and nintendo is well dont get me wrong its a great console and everything but it seems a lil babyish i dunno why? mybe cas theres no blood in red steel or that there making another mario game or the fact that mp3 is a little i donk know cartoony? i am making rly scepital views and stupid views but just trying to express myself so that i try to make a good decision lol i think overall its kk i dont know that much about ps3 ei ther to j udge that so really im stuck!

ICE
January 27th, 2007, 22:42
ok ok it is WELL worth it. the graphics are NOT bad and the wiimote is PERFECT. Zelda is a masterpiece and wii sports is one if the best party games ever. if you can get it THEN FOR GODS SAKE GET IT!! oh and if you think that the remote is hard to get used to then your pretty pathetic since my mom sister and soon to be father in law were bowling 200's in their 2nd game.
listen to accordian boy. he know his stuff and he's extremely right!!!

gunntims0103
January 27th, 2007, 23:03
Wiimote is genius and very easy to get use to. The user interface makes it easy to browse the Wii and is very "user friendly". The channels on the Wii menu are great.

The disc channel to play your games. ZeldaTP is classic and a very good game, my rating is a 9.8/10 on ZeldaTP. Redsteel is okay. There are a few glitches in the game such as screen misalignments, control movement locks, and various other glitches. I give it a 7.5/10. Wii Sports is great for partys and playing with friends, It gets repetitive if played excessively.

Mii channel is very nice, especially if your a Nintendo Fanboy and enjoy showing off how many Mii's you have in your Mii parade. This channels allows you to create a character that you will use in various games such as Wii sports. I give it a 8.9/10.

Photo channel is not something i myself dove into fully but its a nice feature to edit pics and such.

Wii shop channel is really nice allowing you to download classic games and programs such as the Wii internet browser (Opera Powered).

Forecast channel is a nice feature since it allows you to view local and international whether. It hasnt been updated much but it should be soon. 9/10.

News channel just got up and running and its a nice feature. Allows you to view the globe and see all the news thats going on weather it be local or international and it really looks great. There are several categories that you can view. 9.9/10.

Internet channel is really nice especially if you like to view videos online, the Wii allows you to see youtube videos. Great if your a anime fan. Browse all of the internet. Full version coming soon.

Share you wii number with friends, this allows you to directly message other peoples Wii's via your own Wii console. Also send your Mii's via Wii friend mail.

In all the Wii is VERY worth buying!

psp fan
January 28th, 2007, 11:33
Wiimote is genius and very easy to get use to. The user interface makes it easy to browse the Wii and is very "user friendly". The channels on the Wii menu are great.

The disc channel to play your games. ZeldaTP is classic and a very good game, my rating is a 9.8/10 on ZeldaTP. Redsteel is okay. There are a few glitches in the game such as screen misalignments, control movement locks, and various other glitches. I give it a 7.5/10. Wii Sports is great for partys and playing with friends, It gets repetitive if played excessively.

Mii channel is very nice, especially if your a Nintendo Fanboy and enjoy showing off how many Mii's you have in your Mii parade. This channels allows you to create a character that you will use in various games such as Wii sports. I give it a 8.9/10.

Photo channel is not something i myself dove into fully but its a nice feature to edit pics and such.

Wii shop channel is really nice allowing you to download classic games and programs such as the Wii internet browser (Opera Powered).

Forecast channel is a nice feature since it allows you to view local and international whether. It hasnt been updated much but it should be soon. 9/10.

News channel just got up and running and its a nice feature. Allows you to view the globe and see all the news thats going on weather it be local or international and it really looks great. There are several categories that you can view. 9.9/10.

Internet channel is really nice especially if you like to view videos online, the Wii allows you to see youtube videos. Great if your a anime fan. Browse all of the internet. Full version coming soon.

Share you wii number with friends, this allows you to directly message other peoples Wii's via your own Wii console. Also send your Mii's via Wii friend mail.

In all the Wii is VERY worth buying!

Well after that review who can refuse? i am definently going to get the wii now but i just want to ask on more question. Does the wii when you buy it come with the browser? i have wireless internet but i just want to know how to get onto the browswe and what is better? cod3 or red steel?
Thanks for all the help guys!

curt_grymala
January 28th, 2007, 15:09
The Wii does not come with the browser installed. The browser is a free download that you can pick up after you update your system via your wireless internet connection.

The updates, at this point, will probably take anywhere between 20 minutes and an hour, depending on how many people are trying to update at the same time you are, etc.

Once you update your Wii, you'll be able to go to the shopping channel and download your free copy of the Opera browser.

I can't comment on COD3 or RedSteel, as I don't have either one. Neither of them really fits into my favorite genres of video games.

Nicko01
January 28th, 2007, 15:28
20 minutes? lol... no, it doesn't take that long. I updated mine last night and it took less than 5 min.

psp fan
January 28th, 2007, 16:24
Well now i have the wii ppl! and i hope i wont regret it! i have bopught loz tp with it and will decide on other games later and i will update and d/l the free browser! so thanks for all the help!

Accordion
January 28th, 2007, 16:58
get call of duty 3...be patient, and then be amazed with the controls..
and dont try acting mad, like the people in the adverts, it doesnt work like that!

psp fan
January 28th, 2007, 18:53
im on the wii browser now! it is ****e'n great!!! w00t! need to get on some zelda now but thanks for the advice keep the reviews coming tho! cod3 or red steel!

gunntims0103
January 28th, 2007, 19:08
im on the wii browser now! it is ****e'n great!!! w00t! need to get on some zelda now but thanks for the advice keep the reviews coming tho! cod3 or red steel!

Redsteel is not that bad from my own experience, but i hear COD3 is alot better. Redsteel's gameplay can get repetitive and the samurai sword fighting is very rare in the game and only occurs once in a while. The controls lock on you from time to time and there are glitches ingame. However the music is great and theres alot of suspense to the game. I gave it a 7.8/10.

Make sure to view this to view your wii number

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=50847

and check this to post and share with friends as to message other users wii's from your own wii console

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=340764#post340764

psp fan
January 28th, 2007, 22:01
kool ill check those links out!