PDA

View Full Version : usbhostfs fix...need help installing/fixing

Jes1FromFL
January 28th, 2007, 02:45
Does anyone have better (in-depth/step by step) instructions on fixing the usbhostfs? Info on my setup can be found in my sig..

This is all I've found:

On the TA-082 Or any PSP wich you want to Fix its USBHOSTFS.

- Just Copy The Contents of Binary/Write To Your PSP
- Load The UsbHostfs-Fix From Your PSP.

I tried copying the seplugins folder to the root of the psp, then rebooting into recovery and enabling both of the prx files. But I get an error regarding the USB BUS driver on the startup of MapThis! w/ the GPS 290. Is this not the correct way? Am I supposed to 'flash' the prx files to memory with a program (like x-flash)?

Jes1FromFL
January 28th, 2007, 15:20
bump..c'mon guys help a white boy out..

xg917
January 28th, 2007, 15:25
lol, idk how to do this, i always wanted to fix my usb host but now my psp is bricked

Camelot
January 28th, 2007, 15:30
lol, idk how to do this, i always wanted to fix my usb host but now my psp is bricked

Why are you still posting then?

Does anyone have better (in-depth/step by step) instructions on fixing the usbhostfs? Info on my setup can be found in my sig..

This is all I've found:

I tried copying the seplugins folder to the root of the psp, then rebooting into recovery and enabling both of the prx files. But I get an error regarding the USB BUS driver on the startup of MapThis! w/ the GPS 290. Is this not the correct way? Am I supposed to 'flash' the prx files to memory with a program (like x-flash)?

First of all what Custom FW are you on?
Ill go find the link to a good usbhost plugin for 3.03 OE-A - 3.03 OE-C, but youll need to upgrade to that if you arnt already on it.

xg917
January 28th, 2007, 15:32
jus cuz my psp is bricked dont me in cant post biotch

Camelot
January 28th, 2007, 15:34
jus cuz my psp is bricked dont me in cant post biotch

Well obviously if your too dumb to keep your psp working you shouldn't be posting in the Help section.
Expecially if its only to tell others in need of help that you dont know anything....

Ive read your topic about your brick and I feel for ya, but since I saw that I had no I idea how to help you I decided to not post... like you should have

Camelot
January 28th, 2007, 15:49
Alright I found the file

Just put the seplugin folder in the root of your memory card and go into recovery/plugins and enable all of them. Its a little buggy right now so sometimes it doesnt work correctly, but most of the time its pretty good.

Edit: Sorry for the double post.

Jes1FromFL
January 28th, 2007, 15:52
That's what i did.. So that's all you have to do? Because it doesn't load my GPS unit correctly...?

it gives me an error when starting the usb bus drivers...?

Camelot
January 28th, 2007, 15:58
Wait... you already have usbhostfs and the driver instaled on your computer right?

Jes1FromFL
January 28th, 2007, 15:59
Wait... you already have usbhostfs and the driver instaled on your computer right?

probably not...if it doesn't come installed automatically..

USBhostfs allows you to view and execute applications using files from your PC via USB cable using a homebrew application on your PSP such as Ahman's iR Shell.

..is this all the fix does? does it have anything to do with getting my gps unit to work?

xg917
January 28th, 2007, 16:26
no, the usbhostfs is used in ir shell, to view and run applications from computer - through usb - to psp
as Camelot stated

mostly used for people that back up their games... and can be used for homebrew as well i suppose

Camelot
January 28th, 2007, 16:43
probably not...if it doesn't come installed automatically..

..is this all the fix does? does it have anything to do with getting my gps unit to work?

^^^^What he said