PDA

View Full Version : Reading the prx files.

juggaleaux
January 28th, 2007, 03:13
I was looking through my flash files in a text editor (well a backup of them because I am super cautious like that), and I was wondering just how are hackers/programmers editing these?

Dissamblers? Hex editors? Decompilers?

I'm not asking how to hack them, per se, and I don't even know it's legal to answer my question, but does anyone have any insight on this?

gunntims0103
January 28th, 2007, 03:22
I was looking through my flash files in a text editor (well a backup of them because I am super cautious like that), and I was wondering just how are hackers/programmers editing these?

Dissamblers? Hex editors? Decompilers?

I'm not asking how to hack them, per se, and I don't even know it's legal to answer my question, but does anyone have any insight on this?

Hackers and coders interpret the code into something that they can understand. Its all in the syntax. Usually the code that Sony creates is most likely its own language and isnt in something that most coders "should" understand like C++. A highly experienced coder can interpret the syntax and logically break down how the code and how it works into something that a coder or hacker can understand.

Think of it like a compound molecule (the code that needs to be hacked), then the micro enzyme (hacker), interprets and breaks down the code into something they can understand.

Usually a coder/hacker will write up a decompiler to quickly interpret and hack the code and break it down, thou i don't know how a decompiler really works, maybe it checks for certain expressions and functions and thus interprets and breaks it down into something simple.

gamerremag
January 28th, 2007, 03:36
^i was wondering about that too

your answer was simple enough...even for me! just wanted to give props

juggaleaux
January 28th, 2007, 03:45
I did a little google searching and found a prx decrypter. When I get home and grab my USB cable, I'll look into that. :)