PDA

View Full Version : Delivery Drama

Vimes220
April 10th, 2005, 21:52
OK Guys what's the worst that could have happened to my delivery :(

balzer1
April 10th, 2005, 22:35
Delivered to neighbour by mistake who 'conveniently' forgets to bring package over....However you become slightly suspicious when a psp box is spotted in the trash (but can prove nothing) :)

englishrick
April 10th, 2005, 22:38
Well Vimes, U could've actually dreamt that u ordered it!!!!!! Failing that it has gone to your neighbours and they are sitting on their sofa playing with ur toy.... :D :D .

aseddon130
April 10th, 2005, 22:43
either that or the postman realised what it was and kept it himself ... dont worry vimes itl come :D

meloe
April 10th, 2005, 22:49
always use a courier. Tha way you have some comeback as you usually have a tracking number an always get insurance, it may cost an extra £5, but its worth it!
However no need to worry, am sure it will turn up some day soon,

Corpsical
April 11th, 2005, 01:24
Not that I wish this on you ... I use this example hopefully to give you hope ...

I had a package (stamps from New Zealand Post Office) that took exactly 11months from dispatch to arrival at my door, by the time I received them (still in perfect condition), I think it had been stamped by virtually every post office in the world.

Whoever filled out the address forgot to put 'UK' on it so because South Wales was on the address it first went to Australia, but from there I couldnt understand what happened, it ended up with stamps or stickers from the following countries; USA, Japan, Canada, and Germany :)

But I still got it ... so dont worry :)

Corpsical

leggy
April 11th, 2005, 03:54
If it doesn't come today contact your credit card company and do a chargeback.

Vimes220
April 11th, 2005, 07:26
Delivered to neighbour by mistake who 'conveniently' forgets to bring package over....However you become slightly suspicious when a psp box is spotted in the trash (but can prove nothing) :)
scary but possible, will check the trash

Vimes220
April 11th, 2005, 07:27
either that or the postman realised what it was and kept it himself ... dont worry vimes itl come :D

will beat confession out of postman if it exceeds delivery deadline :D

Vimes220
April 11th, 2005, 07:35
Not that I wish this on you ... I use this example hopefully to give you hope ...

I had a package (stamps from New Zealand Post Office) that took exactly 11months from dispatch to arrival at my door, by the time I received them (still in perfect condition), I think it had been stamped by virtually every post office in the world.

Whoever filled out the address forgot to put 'UK' on it so because South Wales was on the address it first went to Australia, but from there I couldnt understand what happened, it ended up with stamps or stickers from the following countries; USA, Japan, Canada, and Germany :)

But I still got it ... so dont worry :)

Corpsical

11 months!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :eek:

Vimes220
April 11th, 2005, 07:37
Well Vimes, U could've actually dreamt that u ordered it!!!!!! Failing that it has gone to your neighbours and they are sitting on their sofa playing with ur toy.... :D :D .

lots of old people where i live. there is the 8 yearold next door. but he's been out playing football too much (he would use the PSP like a lifesupport machine):)

Mental2k
April 11th, 2005, 11:14
Vimes, it may have been held up at customs, many ipods that come through from america, bought on ebay get held at customs, for import charges and stuff, that can take anything up to a month to arrive.

balzer1
April 11th, 2005, 12:03
got my psp today, and I ordered the day after you did; so you should get it pretty soon.

aseddon130
April 11th, 2005, 13:03
cmon vimes has it arrived yet??

Huckleberry_Fin
April 11th, 2005, 17:01
2 possibilties Vimmes,

1) The pigeon that I saw bringing the PSP into the country decided the UK was too cold at this time of year and is sitting in Holland until it warms up.

2) The pigeon braved the cold climes and delivered your PSP but a rouge cat ate the pigeon just as he was writing a note for you and putting the PSP round the back of your house. A random local person finds a package on the floor with some feathers and can't beleive his luck when he finds the most talked about gadget of 2005 inside.

Vimes220
April 11th, 2005, 17:45
now there are a few cats round out neighbourhood :eek:

Vimes220
April 11th, 2005, 17:46
cmon vimes has it arrived yet??
oh yes!!!!!!

Not duty or VAT either as far as i can see :D

Kpow
April 11th, 2005, 17:49
Well if you didn't hand any money to the postie, looks like you got away with it. Bout bloody time too ;)

Vimes220
April 11th, 2005, 18:03
tell me about it!

ganon
April 11th, 2005, 18:14
damn i think i have to pay for duty when it comes
the guy told me about this after i paid :(

Kpow
April 11th, 2005, 20:29
Ganon, if you look back on previous posts, I posted that it is not a duty item as a handheld consol but is liable for VAT.

Well don Vimes, now you feel the power of PSP =>

Vimes220
April 11th, 2005, 20:42
god its sexy

ganon
April 12th, 2005, 02:18
kpow so will i have to pay anything when they give me the psp to my house coz the guy said he will mark it as gift

Vimes220
April 12th, 2005, 07:09
mine was marked as a game sample.

Came in a Nintendo SP case (PSP box inside instead if several SP's) nearly cried until i opened it and found the PSP box and game:D

I note that no one suggested in this thread that the delivery would arrive and a nintendo console would be inside :eek:

leggy
April 12th, 2005, 07:58
Was it worth the wait then???

Kpow
April 12th, 2005, 14:45
Ha ha that's a good one. Must remember that, Nintendo is obviuosly worthless. Even that VAT Man knows that now.

Ganon, even if marked as a gift it will get VAT, I got a 512 card off ebay last week and was marked camera accessory with $20 value, no vat or duty cos it is under the limit. call the HMCE helpline and go through to the toys section.

ganon
April 12th, 2005, 15:01
well ne way the guy marked it as gift so if they ask for money upon delivery i will tell em to f**k off

Kpow
April 12th, 2005, 15:40
well ne way the guy marked it as gift so if they ask for money upon delivery i will tell em to f**k off

If you tell him that he will with your package with him. Even as a gift it is subject to VAT, be thankful there is no duty as well.

The gift status thing is an urban myth, it doesn't matter what it is, over a certain amount VAT is applicable. Who is due to deliver, courier or ParcelFarce?

lukej101
April 12th, 2005, 18:15
a

Vimes220
April 12th, 2005, 18:35
Was it worth the wait then???
what do you think!!!!!!!:D

ganon
April 13th, 2005, 01:37
its being shipped by usps (united states postal service)
dont know how long it will take
i paid the guy at ebay everything incl shipping will i still have to pay anything when recieving the psp?

Corpsical
April 13th, 2005, 09:34
Depends if its Surface (1 month) or Airmail (7 days),

If Customs gets it you'll get charged Vat and Royal Mail (who will take over delivery once it gets to this country) will charge around £4-£8

Corpsical

Kpow
April 13th, 2005, 12:37
its being shipped by usps (united states postal service)
dont know how long it will take
i paid the guy at ebay everything incl shipping will i still have to pay anything when recieving the psp?

Ganon, speaking from my own experience: My item sent via USPS with tracking number, this number you can track progress from hub to hub across US. This number can then be used on the PacelFarce website (I call them that cos once they left a package in my bin and the bin men collected that day!!!!) Once PF have it they will send you a letter saying that they have your package and that it has charges to be paid.

They day my PSP came in to PF i checked the tracking and it was with them at 4am, they will require you to pick it up as the Unions don't want their drivers to handle cash/cheques etc. So if you see it has arrived at your local depot call them, don't wait for the letter. You will need to pay VAT on the item and VAT on the carriage cost as well as a £13.50 charge from PF for passing through customs on your behalf. It is not a duty item so you won't get charged for that.

I bought off ebay too, questions: what service did they use/charge for? Do you have tracking number? if you have track number go to http://www.usps.com/ if it is still in US you will prob get in 2-3 days. if in UK check http://www.parcelforce.com/portal/pw this should only take about 2 days to get through Customs and then through the International Hub to your local PF depot. It won't go via your postie as the package is too big.

Hope this answers you questions.

ganon
April 13th, 2005, 13:11
i dont hace tracking number coz its coming by usps express not global
i hope royal mail get hold of it instead of pf

Kpow
April 13th, 2005, 13:37
How much P&P did you pay them? Mine was £24 P&P and was shipped EMS 3-5 days $35 which is about £20 plus package and did have a tracking number.

Have they told you that there is no tracking number? You said it is coming Express, not global?!? the only express service they have is Global Express, the rest is airmail.

And it will still be ParcelFarce because of the size.

I believe it is up to 4lbs in weight, check charges http://ircalc.usps.gov/intl_speed.asp?CID=10150&MailType=package&Pounds=4&Ounces=0

Kpow
April 13th, 2005, 13:38
btw mine was posted on 30/03 and arrived 04/04, bang on time. If PF had their way and i wasn't on the ball it would have been another 2 days!!!

ganon
April 13th, 2005, 14:35
its coming by airmail i think
and shipping was $19
and yeah ive been told in eamil there is no tracking number.
is the vat calculated by value of psp or weight?

Kpow
April 13th, 2005, 14:38
VAT based on Value and includes shipping cost i believe, check with HMCE on their helpline number, the web site is very confusing.

ganon
April 13th, 2005, 15:11
well i guess ill wait and see what happens