PDA

View Full Version : I need SSH on my PSP

ficksucker
January 29th, 2007, 04:17
I need to connect through SSH to connect at my university, but I don't know how.

I found telnet clients for my PSP (3.03 OE-C) but no SSH client. If anyone could help me out, I'd be really greatful. I did my best to found out what SSH is and to look through the forums for anything on it but I came up short.

Here's my university webpage that describes it in more detail http://ugweb.cs.ualberta.ca/howtos/ssh.html. Windows based computters use putty to connect to our server.

Thanks for reading this.

carlitx
January 29th, 2007, 16:18
wats SSh?

SpooForBrains
January 29th, 2007, 21:21
I don't think there's an SSH client for the PSP. Even if there were, it wouldn't do the port forwarding tricks necessary to gain access to the things you need.

I can explain how to do it on a Mac, Windows or Linux, but I'm afraid you're SOL with your PSP.

ficksucker
January 30th, 2007, 03:15
That sucks. My university is gay. All the other educational institutions around here have NORMAL internet access :(

SpooForBrains
January 30th, 2007, 10:48
filesucker, I think you're confused. SSH is something you use once you already have internet access. It won't allow you to get online via your PSP, if that's what you're trying to do.

You need to have an internet connection already to USE SSH.

ficksucker
January 31st, 2007, 07:09
filesucker, I think you're confused. SSH is something you use once you already have internet access. It won't allow you to get online via your PSP, if that's what you're trying to do.

You need to have an internet connection already to USE SSH.

I guess what you say makes sense. What happens is it goes to a custom start page that they set up but won't go to any others without the SSH authentication.

SpooForBrains
January 31st, 2007, 14:41
OK, it seems that you need to keep an SSH connection open if you want to use anything. Even if SSH for PSP did exist, you wouldn't be able to do this, because you'd have to have SSH and the web browser open simultaneously, which you can't because the PSP doesn't multi-task.

However, I think you CAN manage it by using another PC (or Mac) on your home network to open an ssh connection, and then browse using the PSP.