PDA

View Full Version : What would you like to see built into 3.03 OE-D or as new plugins?

F9zDark
January 29th, 2007, 05:23
OK, so I figured I'd do some wishful thinking. Now, this is by no means anything official and anything posted herein is, as I said, wishful thinking.

Now we all know the flash is pretty much full as it is now with 3.03 OE-C and that to add anything else would require removing other features; but such is why I mentioned "as new plugins".(if the things I propose could work as plugins)

That aside, this is what I'd like to see implemented:

-LUA support directly from the XMB; maybe even a LUA icon under Game? There are a few useful Lua apps that don't come in Eboot form and require either a Lua Shell or IRShell; sadly I feel if Custom Firmware took the helm in this department, it'd be one less step to go through.

-Built in Divx and Xvid support.

- USBHostFS/NethostFS support from XMB. Maybe, if possible, use the old LocationFree icon as the new NetHostFS and USB Mode for USBHostFS? (of course the directories on the PC would need to mirror a PSP file structure to be compatible; since the XMB doesn't have a file browser as does IRShell)

-New theme options. (by this I mean the color of the bar across the top in USB mode, net mod, etc, the side menu when pressing triangle, etc).

gunntims0103
January 29th, 2007, 05:57
Updated internet falsh player and new shockwave and video player as to watch youtube vids strait off the psp. Wish it were possible!

gordon
January 29th, 2007, 06:12
Able to watch .AVI files directly without encoding.
Same with WMV files.

Shockwave video player so google videos and youtube videos can be watched.

Built in popstation in firmware so the PSX ISO can be directly dragged into the ISO folder without having to constantly create popstation eboots.

V3N0M
January 29th, 2007, 06:20
Well I always seem to have trouble getting those plugins to work lol. Probably because I haven't taken the time to set it up right as I've been busy coding Halo Zero. But getting the brightness level up to 3 without having the power cord in would be a key feature, (which was done with the BrightnessMod.PRX plugin.) Just having it unlocked in the custom firmware without the having to set up the brightness plugin would be a nice feature.

juggaleaux
January 29th, 2007, 06:42
-LUA support directly from the XMB; maybe even a LUA icon under Game?

Brilliant. I second this idea.

F9zDark
January 30th, 2007, 17:13
Here's something else I thought of (this may be in the hands of Sony, but I'd like to think our pal DA is good enough to handle this):

-Popstation MULTIPLAYER via Ad Hoc.

That would be INSANE. Imagine some 2 player Diablo on PSP?

gdf
January 30th, 2007, 18:56
oh oh ohooooo.... PAL games fixed! and the ability to store mem cards on your memstick so you can view those files seperate from your psp saves.

Shrygue
January 30th, 2007, 19:19
Being able to play MP4 audio at lower bitrates (the lowest limit is 85KBps) would be ace. A soundtrack at say 31KBps has great sound quality and a small file size an so take up less space than MP3 or WMA.

scottyboynow
January 30th, 2007, 19:54
Wifi Enchancer, or something like that.

F9zDark
January 30th, 2007, 20:30
Wifi Enchancer, or something like that.

There is an antenna mod for the PSP, that makes WiFi a lot better, if you're plagued with dropped signals.

Cheyzak
January 30th, 2007, 21:55
1. The abilitty to make subfolders in order to organize the game menu.
2. Avi/mpg/wmv support.
3. Maybe Google psp.

xcjzerox
January 30th, 2007, 21:57
emulators from xmb
64 emulator 100
24 background icons

Kuzkula
January 31st, 2007, 03:18
Im not sure as to which this would be called, but the ability to play flash games on the psp, with the R and L buttons as left and right clicking or such. The ability to set X, O , square, or Triangle as various keys and up,down,left,right as WASD. Just thinking of possibilities.

mavsman4457
January 31st, 2007, 03:37
It would be cool if we could make eboots for games other than just PS1 games like SNES, NES, GBA, GBC, etc. and then with that we would need the ability to organize the game folder so we could put them into their system folders or just alphabetical order. This way we could launch the games quickly without having to go to an emulator menu and it could give it an authentic feel like it is just a normal game and not some homebrew. Know what I mean? Also, it would be less complicated for new users to play the games if they are just in the XMB.

CaptainMorgan4
January 31st, 2007, 05:23
Well now with 3.10 decrypted there's no "D" it's going to be 3.10 OE-A!

Method Man
January 31st, 2007, 16:07
the best plugin that is realistic is that you can change the firmware name to 20 chars without any other homebrew programm

scottyboynow
January 31st, 2007, 16:12

Yeah, thats what I thought.

F9zDark
January 31st, 2007, 17:34

Thing is, the only real benefit to 3.10 is the Popstation additions. Nothing else is useful and will just take up precious flash space.

It would be easier for Dark Alex, to say to hell with 3.10 as a whole and just rip the guts of the Popstation addition out and insert it into 3.03 OE-D.

Do we really need Dynamic equalizer or Locationfree playback? (which mind you, was removed from OE to make space for the other additions.)