PDA

View Full Version : PSPUAE and Moonstone: A Hard Days Knight?

Baboon
January 29th, 2007, 15:33
Does anbody know if ‘Moonstone: a hard days knight’ works on the psp amiga emulator?

The game used to be one of my fav rpg/hack and slash titles and was one of the most goriest games to grace the amiga: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonsto...mputer_game%29

I would have gone on to PSPUAE and checked to see if its a compatible game but my works PC wont let me get on there! lol

I hope this game does work? ...if not a dos port to the psp would rock! :thumbup:

FOL
January 30th, 2007, 00:31
Does anbody know if ‘Moonstone: a hard days knight’ works on the psp amiga emulator?

The game used to be one of my fav rpg/hack and slash titles and was one of the most goriest games to grace the amiga: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Moonsto...mputer_game%29

I would have gone on to PSPUAE and checked to see if its a compatible game but my works PC wont let me get on there! lol

I hope this game does work? ...if not a dos port to the psp would rock! :thumbup:

It does indeed, ;). However, this is old data, it hasnt been updated, as we have something in the works to replace it and make it much more usable. It might run even better with current release, aint tried it since 0.53 as you can see.

Game Details
Name Moonstone
ADF File Name MOONST-1.adf
No. Of Disks 3
Game Comments Very playable with sound.
PSPUAE Version tested on 0.53
Playable YES

Hardware Settings
Video Hardware
Direct VRAM Access OFF
Frame Skip 3
Screen Zoom 10%
Collision Playfields
Immediate Blits OFF
Blitter Cycle Exact OFF
Chipset ECS (AGNUS)

Audio Hardware
Sound Emulation Normal
Sound Output Mono

CPU
CPU Type 68000
CPU Speed CPU
CPU Compatability OFF

Memory
Fast Memory 512KB
Chip Memory 512KB
Bogo Memory 512KB

Floppy Drives
Drive Speed Turbo

Amiga BIOS
KickStart ROM Kick 1.3

Baboon
January 30th, 2007, 08:50
Thanks for getting back to me, i'll give it another try later tonhgt and have a play again with the settings. :)

I'm running the pspuae xmas edition but I havent had much joy so far with moostone. I've tried a few versions of the game but they seemed to keep crashing when it was loading. The furthest I've got so far though on one of em was it loading the first disk and playing all the introduction movie (and very good it is too), but then once its finished it just hangs and goes to a black screen. :(

Is there a save state available of this game thats loaded past the first disk? ...again I cant check cause I'm at work now! lol

FOL
January 30th, 2007, 18:34
Errrrm, try Drive Speed as "normal", if it still plays up, ill go out of my way to sort something for you, ;).

EDIT:- Just retested it, use default settings and it will work fine, ;).

Baboon
January 31st, 2007, 08:46
Yep, the settings you provided above do work and the game is now running very nicely! :)

Thanks for getting back to me... I’m chuffed this game works so well on PSPUAE. :)

FOL
January 31st, 2007, 19:30
Glad your happy, ;)