PDA

View Full Version : Brick PSP from within Devhook

A_Username
January 30th, 2007, 00:53
I think I just bricked my PSP, I was inside Devhook running 1.50 from within 2.71 on the MS-Hook Mode and tried to run the 3.03 OE-C Updater, and It came up with an error message and then shut off. Now it won't even turn on, the LED lights up but nothing happens. I'm 110% sure I had it set on MS-Hook, so how did it brick if all flash is restricted to the MS. Did it brick?

-Derek

bullhead
January 30th, 2007, 00:56
Do you not have a recovery in custom firmware?

-Xandu-
January 30th, 2007, 00:59
Well of course you'd get a brick.

First of all, Devhook does not support OE firmwares!
Secondly, OE updaters forcefully access the flash..
Third, you could've normally updated, that wouldn't have bricked..

A_Username
January 30th, 2007, 01:01
Do you not have a recovery in custom firmware?

I was running Devhook from within plain old 2.71 with HEN-D. And I ran the 3.03 OE-C updater from within a dump of 1.50. It was in MS-Hook mode so there is no flash access, I don't get it, I've "flashed" gameboots and stuff from within devhook, it just affects the devhook firmware on the memory stick.

-Derek

Accordion
January 30th, 2007, 01:05
seems its bricked

why did you do someting like that anyway.

bullhead
January 30th, 2007, 01:07
People who use Hombrew enabler, tend to have Ic 3001 motherboards. That must be what happened. IC3001's brick easily. You cant update them to special edition firmwares.

bull

A_Username
January 30th, 2007, 01:24
People who use Hombrew enabler, tend to have Ic 3001 motherboards. That must be what happened. IC3001's brick easily. You cant update them to special edition firmwares.

bull

Yep, Ic 3001, but I didn't know those things forced flash access. My friend said he could emulate 2.71 SE and 3.01 OE through devhook. He needs to be slapped if he lied. Can I modchip it when that comes out?

-Derek

mikebeaver
January 30th, 2007, 01:33
Just take it back to the shop and use you warranty to get a new one, then use the downgraders that are available to get it to a custom firmware, all firmwares apart from 3.10 are downgrade-able at the moment.