PDA

View Full Version : Which video format should I use!

hypochondriac
January 30th, 2007, 01:16
Hello there. I am using psp video9 to convert my south park episodes but the filesize is really big. I have 3.03 oea and was wondering if there was another format I could use which wasn't as big!

bah
January 30th, 2007, 08:07
AVC is superior to MP4-SP.

You can have really small files at the expense of quality, I normally encode things to be about 40-50mb for a 22 min show.

Try using one of my profiles attached here if you like.
Copy the profiles.xml to c:\program files\pspvideo9 or just double click the .bat file and it will copy it for you.

The profiles are:

* 01 - 4:3: This is for encoding normal, close to square video.
* 02 - 16:9: This is for encoding widescreen video
* 03 - 16:9-cropped 80 either side: This is for if you encode a widescreen video, but the video pspvideo9 creates looks stretched vertically (things are too tall and thin)
* 04 - 4:3 MusicVideo: This is the same as profile 01, but with higher quality stereo audio

If your more concerned about file size over quality, in pspvideo9 click 'setup' on the left then the 'profiles' tab.
Choose the profile you want to modify then change the 'QScale' setting.
It goes from 1-31, the higher the number the smaller the file but the lower the quality. I have all my profiles set to 25.

You could also upgrade to 3.03OE-C and use a different program to encode you vids in the psp screen's full resolution. Dark Alex removed sony's restriction on resolution in OE-B I believe. The higher resolution files will come out slightly larger normally.

I'm only familiar with pspvideo9, someone else will be able to help you find another program that supports encoding to the higher resolution I'm sure.