PDA

View Full Version : Good dc games

Fishyrooter
April 11th, 2005, 21:06
what in your opionon are good or the best game son thee dreamcast neede some advice as i'm getting some more games but i need them to be good :confused:

Darksaviour69
April 12th, 2005, 11:00
homebrew or commercial?

Fishyrooter
April 12th, 2005, 12:48
Comercial

Black Jackal
April 12th, 2005, 13:02
Soul Reaver, Sonic Adventure 1 and 2, Skies Of Arcadia, Crazy Taxi... those should get you started.

Darksaviour69
April 12th, 2005, 13:20
wrong forum moved

http://www.mobygames.com/stats/top_games/k,best:5fby:5fplatform/ssid,8/

thats a good list

beetroot bertie
April 13th, 2005, 13:17
3 of my personal faves would be:

Ikaruga (Japanese Import) - a wonderfully beautiful and difficult shoot-em up
Soul Calibur - you've just gotta
Rayman 2 - Great 3D Platformer. I enjoyed playing so much. - much more than many other DC games inc. Sonic Adventure 1.

Those mentioned by Shanic are all good too. I especially like the way the game streams from the disc in Soul Reaver - so much bettter than loading screens.

I guess it depends on the genre or type of games you like playing. I like ones you can pick up and play.

Jdemon
April 14th, 2005, 19:26
There are soo many good ones...pick 3?

Well as stated SoulCalibur is amazing...also for fighting games Powerstone 2 is alot of fun especially for more than 1 player and DOA2. Skies Of Arcadia (also as stated) is probably the best RPG Adventure for DC..running in at a close second I'd also recomend Grandia 2. I didn't see mentioned one of my favorite racing games ever so I will also say San Francisco RUSH 2049.

ptr.exe
April 15th, 2005, 19:29
Skies of Arcadia is one of the best and most under-rated RPGs ever made, IMO beats FF VII by miles. Get it if you can find it.

Street Fighter 3 Alpha takes up alot of my time on the DC, as it really takes a long time to get old and since it can be found fairly cheap (£3 in CeX) it's well worth it.

_AI_
April 20th, 2005, 23:47
I'll tell ya, I've always been a fan of Phantasy Star since it was on the Sega Master System...and I've yet to be dissapointed, :) .

So here's my 3 (hard to choose) picks:

Phantasy Star Online V.2
Maken X
Soul Caliber

But remember, there are so many good games for DC that you can rarely go wrong. :D

beetroot bertie
April 22nd, 2005, 13:20
If you're not online, I wouldn't recommend Phantasy Star Online at all unless you like spending hours doing dull repetitive tasks round the same levels over and over again.

I found it really boring (offline). Yet to play it online but have no intention to. Grandia 2 is a rather good RPG though with quite an interesting combat system.

kgenthe
April 23rd, 2005, 16:48
D2
Seaman (need a mic)
Test Drive Le Mans
Shenmue

Christuserloeser
April 23rd, 2005, 23:07
DC just has way too many good games, you can buy about half of the games ever released for it and still won't have any bad game in you shelf.

I'm too lazy to post a list but lots of cool games can be found here too:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=1695

Christuserloeser
May 1st, 2005, 00:15
Some interesting list:

http://forum.shmups.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1939

ptr.exe
May 3rd, 2005, 20:57
its getting increasingly more difficult to find DC games anymore outside of eBay, CeX and GameStation near me have stopped bothering to sell them. Still trying to find Shenmue.

fujingdcn
June 12th, 2005, 01:53
Biohazard Code:veronica