PDA

View Full Version : Got my M3 DS Simply... I have questions

gohan2091
January 31st, 2007, 16:49
1) I didnt install the files that came on the mini CD, I downloaded the latest version from the m3 website. I also downloaded Moonshell 1.6 and it plays music fine. However the interface for moonshell is dull and basic... can I spice it up? I think there is a windows vista skin for it. Where do I download these skins and how do I apply them?

2) I hear a lot about viruses and spyware that can brick your DS, is there a way I can scan a file for these threads before uploading them to my microSD?

3) I uploaded an animated gif but it doesnt animate on my DS... how come?

4) I tried playing an MPEG movie but the DS said "file not supported". I am guessing I need to convert movie files to a suitable DS format, where do I get this software from?

5) Is it possible to give my DS an Operating System and turn it into something like Windows?

6) What homebrew do you recommend? What's a must have?

7) When browsing my M3 Simply, my files are in a complete mess, I have to scroll passed many moonshell files to get to my mp3's, is it possible to hide files that I dont need?

Thanks all!

Shane R. Monroe
January 31st, 2007, 18:39
1) The M3 Simply and R4DS are practically the same card and can probably use the same skins. Check the R4DS site - they have several for download.

2) Not to my knowledge. Flash your DS - that's how you protect yourself from total annihilation with malware.

3) AFAIK, AnimGIF is not supported.

4) Only DPG files are supported. Search Google for DPG CONVERTER ... there are a couple of options.

5) There is a DS Linux build, but its 100% text. I doubt that's what you're looking for. There are some windows-looking homebrew "shells" but don't offer much functionality. What you're probably wanting is something like DSORGANIZE (google).

6) DSOrganize is a must have. There are some decent titles out thee, but nothing else I would consider MUST HAVE stuff. There are email programs, AIM/MSN apps, IRC chat clients, picture browsers (of course you can't just look at the pictures - you have to convert them - which is ghey), etc.

7) Try setting the file/folder's properties to HIDDEN. This works on the R4, I imagine it works on the M3.

papayo
January 31st, 2007, 20:18
1. First, download the new 1.02 Final firmware from www.m3adapter.com. This will come with moonshell 1.6 final.
The Vista skin you're talking about is here (http://m3-forum.com/viewtopic.php?t=2276). Just put it in the skin folder (inside the moonshl folder).

2. No you can't. However, they can be identified. At this point there are two DS Brickers.

r0mloader.nds, 151 361 bytes, CRC32 1EFB58BA
and
taihen.nds, 548 673 bytes, CRC32 08AA2D30

If you instal Flashme you'll have have a fail-save feature (although this doesn't work on the m3 Simply since it's Slot-1)

3. See Shane R. Monroe's post

4. See Shane R. Monroe's post

5. No. Moonshell or DSOrganize is the best you'll get.

6. Indeed, DSOrganize is a must have. Also download BEUP (msn). NitroTracker is also fun to play with (a music making app)

7. Download the latest Firmware from www.m3adapter.com. It automaticly hides the files.

gohan2091
January 31st, 2007, 21:45
OK, I added a skin called drop to my moonshell and it looks really nice.

I got animated GIFs to work, just use DSOrganise

I successfully converted an MPEG movie to dpg format using dpgtools.

6. Indeed, DSOrganize is a must have. Also download BEUP (msn). NitroTracker is also fun to play with (a music making app)Where would I download nitrotracker?

I have a question about DSOrganise. It seems I can't open large picture files, I just get an error. Is there an image dimension limit with DSOrganise? Half my images wont load in it.

Also....I DO NOT want to flash my DS and void my warranty, I dont wish to edit my firmware however is there a way to backup my DS firmware and store it on my PC?, I would really like to know how I would do that if its possible, then if my DS is bricked, I can just reapply my backup.

DanTheManMS
January 31st, 2007, 22:52
Try loading the image in Moonshell instead. I've had more success loading large images in there.

gohan2091
January 31st, 2007, 23:32
Try loading the image in Moonshell instead. I've had more success loading large images in there.

Thats the thing... I have to keep resetting my DS to switch between Moonshell and DSOrganiser. It seems that...

Moonshell
=============

Supports large images (in terms of dimensions)

Can not play animations

Can play movies

DSOrganise
==========

Can not open large (and even medium sized) images (in terms of dimensions)

Can play animations

Can not play movies

Wish the creators of these 2 programs could join forces to create just 1 program.

SlipKnot.:.Man
April 29th, 2008, 17:21
anyone know ware to download the viruses (nds) thanx

DjDelMar
December 29th, 2008, 22:31
anyone know ware to download the viruses (nds) thanx

http://images.bigfail.com/i/f/10/00/081.jpg