PDA

View Full Version : 3.03 OE recovery?

AvengedSevenfold Fan
January 31st, 2007, 16:58
since u have flash access via USB through the recovery mode, is it possible to format the flash0 and flash1 and just replace it with a firmware dump? is that safe to do? and can u access recovery mode with any brick, like what if the brick completely formats the flash, then can the recovery mode run?

splodger15
January 31st, 2007, 17:07
Why would you want to. I think if you do that recovery wont work nor will PS1 games as they require hacked PS1 EMU

darthhaze420
January 31st, 2007, 17:07
i do not think so i have a 1.50 stuck on the BSOD and can not even open up recovery mode it opened up at first and i ran the recovery eboot and i am still stuck on the BSOD and now cant even open up recovery mode anymore i just wish i reformatted the flash while i had the chance

darthhaze420
January 31st, 2007, 17:09
btw it is my flash 1 that is corrupted

the_eternal_dark
January 31st, 2007, 17:13
btw it is my flash 1 that is corrupted

You should be able to get out of that by pressing "O" and resetting everything. It's normal to have that display after a recovery.

darthhaze420
January 31st, 2007, 17:20
it go into the BSOD then goes to a white screen and then reboots the BSOD any 1.50 umd i put in works 100% but i can not get in to my XMB i have tried everything and i am stuck unless i buy a mod chip for that i will just have to buy a new 1 for my wife

Accordion
January 31st, 2007, 17:39
since u have flash access via USB through the recovery mode, is it possible to format the flash0 and flash1 and just replace it with a firmware dump? is that safe to do? and can u access recovery mode with any brick, like what if the brick completely formats the flash, then can the recovery mode run?

your so insane it is very very scary.

but if flash was corrupt enought to require a full re-install...you wouldnt have the means to do so

AvengedSevenfold Fan
January 31st, 2007, 18:38
ok, can someone just answer my question please? is it possible to format the flash in recovery mode and just copy and paste a firmware dump through the usb?? and say u got a psp virus or something that was to format your flash, or w/e, could you still run recovery mode, since recovery mode is in the flash?

splodger15
January 31st, 2007, 18:55
no

ExcruciationX
January 31st, 2007, 19:29
Insane....

I wouldn't think so, unless it loads recovery into VRAM. Windows might format it it's own way, and corrupt it.

Accordion
January 31st, 2007, 20:21
hey, you really are insane.

i did answer your question!

and besides, there is no point to do it...unless you have strange masochistic desires to take your psp to death and back...for fun

AvengedSevenfold Fan
January 31st, 2007, 21:03
Why are you calling me insane?? im just wondering this incase i were to brick, i wouldn t have to worry about downgrading, i could just install the firmware manually

ExcruciationX
January 31st, 2007, 21:09
Well, you could just drag and drop the files instead of formatting it.

splodger15
January 31st, 2007, 21:16
Why are you calling me insane?? im just wondering this incase i were to brick, i wouldn t have to worry about downgrading, i could just install the firmware manually

Or better yet run recovery eboot from the recovery menu