PDA

View Full Version : Tutorial: How To Download YouTube videos (one of the many ways....)

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 1st, 2007, 02:57
Many people have been asking how to view YouTube videos on their PSPs. This tutorial will show you how to download the videos, which in turn, you can transfer to your PSP. Remember, I'm not trying to teach you how to copy infringe any videos, just download a non copy infringed video off of youtube. (YouTube is only supposed to have non copy infringed videos anyway)

Note: Each step coincides with the images below the steps.

Step one: Find a video you want to download. Go to that videos page, and view the page source. In my picture, I'm using Mozilla Firefox, and I've done that by clicking on "view", then going to "view page source". While in the page source, go to "Edit", then go to "find in page" then type in "player2.swf". (minus the quotes)

Step two: After you've found "player2.swf", shortly following that will be, "?video_id=". There will be a large video id after that. Highlight it and copy it.

Step three: Go to the address bar and type in: www.youtube.com/get_video?video_id=

Then paste that video id in after that.

Step four: Press enter and, VIOLA! You're prompted to download! Notice that the video format is in FLV form, so you'll have to use a video converter like PSP Video 9 to play it on your PSP. Or you can just view the video on your computer using FLV Player.

Camelot
February 1st, 2007, 03:01
http://vixy.net/flv_converter

FFXSage
February 1st, 2007, 03:03
*claps*
I use VideDownloader plugin for FireFox but this seems faster. For a flv converter I would highly recommend the program SUPER. It converts to any format you'll ever want.

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 1st, 2007, 03:12
It's really fast when u memorize it, which is really easy

S34MU5
February 1st, 2007, 18:43
Heres my tutorial

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 2nd, 2007, 02:37
if u want to do it manually....and u dont have to be an a$$ hole about it. and how the **** does that make me a noob?

S34MU5
February 2nd, 2007, 16:36
"Nooblet"

And jeez It was a joke.

And why do it manually when the plugin is so much faster. ^o)

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 2nd, 2007, 17:06
i do the manual way in seconds, its fast when u get used to it. i prefer it

S34MU5
February 2nd, 2007, 18:46
But then do you not have to convert it :/

and also in this thread there is a stickie about it.

and a website that you instert the http and bada bing!
in any format you want even PSP

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 2nd, 2007, 19:01
notice the thread title
one of many ways....

LilSwish722
February 3rd, 2007, 04:14
nice. ill use this at some point eventually later on lol.

joshuk
February 11th, 2007, 11:17
Found a good resource for downloading YouTube videos that saves the trouble of naming all the videos. http://www.tubefetch.com , also has some pretty useful info on converting the videos too.

pt9087
February 11th, 2007, 13:50
Nice Tut BTW its a shame for People to not apprechiate it!

eatnooM
February 11th, 2007, 15:17
Entirely off-topic... But, Brackenwood, S34MU5? =p

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 11th, 2007, 16:40
thanks pt9087