PDA

View Full Version : Review: PS3 Cooling Fan Turbo Centrifugal

bandit
February 1st, 2007, 04:19
PS3 Cooling Fan Turbo Centrifugal
Manufacturer: PEGA
Site: Buy from Renchi (http://renchi.com/renchi/PS3_Accessories_PS3_Cooling_Fan_Double_Turbo_Centr ifugal.htm)
Price: $19.90

Overview : Keep things cool with this Double Cooling Fan for the PS3. Ensure you get optimal performance from your PS3, by keeping the machine at a decent temperature. It is operated by plugging it into the USB port.

Quality/Usability : As with most new next-gen consoles they consume a lot of power and can overheat easily. As with any new console, there is always a cooling fan to follow to help lower the temperature of the console and prolong the life of the console. The first cooling fan to hit the market is PEGA's Double Turbo Centrifugal Cooling Fan.

The Cooling Fan is powered by one of the PS3's USB port. This will leave the PS3 with only three available USB ports in the front. The cooling fan is placed underneath the PS3. The design is sleek like the PS3 and blends in well. The cooling fan itself is mainly black but with a silver mirror trim. On the inner side of the fan that faces the PS3, there is a grill. This is where the air will be pushed into the PS3.

There is no ON/OFF switch so the cooling fan is on when the PlayStation3 is on and off when the PlayStation3 is off. A blue LED is lit when the fan is running. Like any cooling fan made for consoles, they arent quite. But is not as noticeable when you're enjoying your game. The cooling fan does not draw a lot of power.

Since I am unable to see how much air is being pushed into the PlayStation3 since the vent is aimed towards the inside of the PlayStation3, I plugged the cooling fan into my USB hub. A good amount of cool air is being pushed through the cooling fan.

Conclusion : Overall, the PS3 Cooling Fan Turbo Centrifugal is nice product. Its sleek and does a nice job of pushing air into the PlayStation3. It would have been nice if they had included a ON/OFF switch.

Images via comments

joshisposer
February 1st, 2007, 07:25
Hmmm, i'll have to check it out. It does look like and hey, on and off doesn't matter really. Why would u stop cooling it? Just unplug instead.

bandit
February 1st, 2007, 13:27
Hmmm, i'll have to check it out. It does look like and hey, on and off doesn't matter really. Why would u stop cooling it? Just unplug instead.
It would be nice to turn it off once in a while. Plus, its a hassle having to unplug it and plugging it back in.