PDA

View Full Version : 3.03 OE-A recovery guide

hetster
February 1st, 2007, 09:19
could someone please point me in the direction of a comprehensive guide on going back to 1.5 from recovery menu or reflashing with 3.03 OE-A.

i currently have 3.03 OE-A installed from 2.6 > 1.5 > OE-A

now everything appears ok but when i try and run homebrew from game folder the psp crashes so i think it may have been a bad flash etc..i have changed the folder to 1.5 kernal in recovery menu..i have also created a folder called game105 and it still crashes..
i have tried multiple emu's and all make psp screen go black and then turn off..

as i can get full access to xmb and recvery menu i could do with a guide on how exactly to recover to 1.5 then i can go back to 3.03 OE-A..or if there is a better method than this..any help is appreciated..i dont want to make a bad flash and then not be able to get to recovery or xmb. while i can i'd rather get it right first time lol..

darthhaze420
February 1st, 2007, 13:48
i all you have to do is make a GAME150 folder not game105 and if you update to oe-c and format ur memory stick all the folders you need will be there

hetster
February 1st, 2007, 14:36
lol typo was meant to be game150
and i'd rather go to 1.5 then back up to OE-a/b/c as 1.5 is official and whatever remnants of something in flash that are causing it to be semi bricked are gone..i dont wanna go 3.03 OE-A to b/c just in case it turns from semi brick to full brick lol

i also saw this
TROUBLESHOOTING_______________ _____

So far the only minor issue is that if after installing, nothing boots, to fix this yank out that memory stick, and reboot, most likely you have se-c plugins that are causing it not to boot.

will give this a go but to be honest its gone from 2.6 to 1.5 to 3.03 OE-A its never had SE-C on it but its gotta be worth a try and better than reflashing

Cloudhunter
February 1st, 2007, 14:40
Go straight to 3.03OE-C, it is less dangerous as less flashing... Use a easy installer like the one here: http://www.psp-hacks.com/file/1043

Then you rename the oeflasher folder to RECOVERY... Ignore the %oeflasher folder.

i also saw this
TROUBLESHOOTING_______________ _____

So far the only minor issue is that if after installing, nothing boots, to fix this yank out that memory stick, and reboot, most likely you have se-c plugins that are causing it not to boot.

will give this a go but to be honest its gone from 2.6 to 1.5 to 3.03 OE-A its never had SE-C on it but its gotta be worth a try and better than reflashing

I'm afraid it has nothing to do with that...

Cloudy

hetster
February 1st, 2007, 16:35
yeah just saw that its a major update and needs full update so hopefully it will reflash and cure it :-s ..if not at least i can go back to 1.5 that way. do i need to add the 1.5 update and rename to update.pbp? or is just renaming the folder and using the eboot and dxar file in there all i need?

funny thing is ive flashed over 100 psp's and this is the first time ANYTHING has ever gone wrong lol