PDA

View Full Version : Really need help and i am scared

hkuk
February 1st, 2007, 18:37
hello guys i just got myself a psp base pack from "GAME" and the box says its a SS259 one with a K on the label.

I wanna downgrade it to 1.5 and upgrade to custom 3.03OE-C firmware, but i am so scared now that i might brick it.

The psp is still in the box and i haven't even opened the package

Just want to make sure that it can be downgrade and can you guys suggest / give me a link on the best method to downgrade it cus i heard there are manual way or using an easy downgrade?

Can som1 help me pls?? i will be w8ing online for an answer

Shrygue
February 1st, 2007, 18:46
K lettered boxes are likely to contain a PSP with firmware 2.60 with the TA-082 motherboard. You should upgrade to 2.71 and run the TIFF downgrader from there.

scottyboynow
February 1st, 2007, 19:15
It is easy as pie, the chances of bricking is like a metorite blasting the whole of the antartica up, or something like that, I shouldn't worry.

hkuk
February 1st, 2007, 19:35
hi guys thx for the quick reply, i had it opened (so no more refunds.. noooo my $$) :P
I got it charging now and i will post again and ask for help once the power indicator turn off
after charging, i do all the on screen instruction for initial set-up, then i can start upgrading? is that right?

I had a look inside the umd drive and found this

does that means it is a TA-082?

ExcruciationX
February 1st, 2007, 19:49
That means you have a TA-82.

I wouldn't worry. There is a TA-82 downgrader out now.

Also, what firmware is it?

hkuk
February 1st, 2007, 19:52
i am stil charging it, i suppose i shouldn't turn it on until it is fully charged, am i right?

hkuk
February 1st, 2007, 21:39
ok battery charged, it has a 2.71 firmware

LilSwish722
February 3rd, 2007, 23:39
yea defiently downgrade it. There is little chance of doing so. And if you do then it means u didn't follow a step correctly or put something in the wrong place. but once you get the files u need, the rest is easy. I was afraid too but I downgraded in less than 5 minutes now I'm running 3.03OE-C. So don''t worry about it. Just run the 2.71 Tiff downgrader or if you have an unpatched version of GTA: LCS (the one with the 2.0 update) then update to 3.03 and use the new 3.03 Downgrader. It's really easy, it's what I used. It even has a percentage so you now how far it is through the downgrade process. Let me know if you need any help.

xg917
February 3rd, 2007, 23:45
u wont brick, i just did my downgrade and upgrade today

S34MU5
February 4th, 2007, 00:10
K lettered boxes are likely to contain a PSP with firmware 2.60 with the TA-082 motherboard. You should upgrade to 2.71 and run the TIFF downgrader from there.

Errr... what are you talking about. If he has TA-081 he should NOT use the 2.71 downgrader. He should use the 2.80 downgrader for ta-082!!!

He could brick if he use the one you say.

Nicko01
February 4th, 2007, 00:56
1. Update to 2.80 with this:
http://dl.qj.net/System-Firmware-v2.80-USA-PSP/pg/12/fid/9070/catid/163

2. Get the downgrader for 2.80 here:
http://dl.qj.net/index.php?pg=12&fid=12267

3. Install the HEN files, by following the details in the readme.txt file.

4. Test that HEN is working fine, by running one of the bundled sample applications - e.g. the cube demo.

5. Run the "TA082 IdStorage Changer", via HEN, to patch your registry before downgrading.

6. Download the v1.5 upgrade EBOOT from here:
http://dl.qj.net/PSP-Firmware-1.50-File-(EBOOT)-North-America-Firmwares-PSP/pg/12/fid/163/catid/163

7. Copy it to the /psp/game/UPDATE/ folder on your memory stick, as UPDATE.PBP.

8. Start the"PSP Update ver X.YZ" program via HEN, and follow the instructions.

9. Congratulations, you now have a v1.5 PSP! :D

acn010
February 4th, 2007, 00:58
hi guys thx for the quick reply, i had it opened (so no more refunds.. noooo my $$) :P
I got it charging now and i will post again and ask for help once the power indicator turn off
after charging, i do all the on screen instruction for initial set-up, then i can start upgrading? is that right?

I had a look inside the umd drive and found this

does that means it is a TA-082?

im sorry if im offtopic but this image looks like art to me. very stylish and catchy and the quality image is nice, lol,:thumbup:

Nicko01
February 4th, 2007, 01:01
Oh yea- IC-1003 is actually the label for the IR on the top of the psp.

Why does it seem that I always make custom tutorials for everyone??

xg917
February 4th, 2007, 01:41
hey, the 2.80 downgrader fixes the usbhostfs, correct? if it does. then do you think that i can still get it fixed if i update to 2.80 then use the downgrader for it??