PDA

View Full Version : Dreamcast web browser

Fishyrooter
April 12th, 2005, 13:26
does anyone have a spare copy of the latest dreamcast web browser that they give to a dreamcast newbie who desperatly wants to take his dreamcast online?

Eric
April 12th, 2005, 13:45
sorry that cant be given away cause its commercial which is illegal this site is for homebrew only

Darksaviour69
April 12th, 2005, 13:53
he did not a download, asked for a spare copy.... which is legal

Zherae
April 12th, 2005, 14:01
Ask SEGA Europe they'll ship ya a free copy of Dreamkey 3.0.

Fishyrooter
April 12th, 2005, 18:23
thanks

lukej101
April 12th, 2005, 18:59
a

AirRaven
April 12th, 2005, 19:46
You could try searching about on DCEmulation.com... I'm pretty sure they had an image of Planetweb 2.6 stashed away somewhere. Since it was free in the first place, I doubt it's illegal.

Not that I'm in any way reccomending it over Dreamkey and the like. It crashes quite frequently. If you're that desperate to get online, though, it's your best (legal) bet.

Devlin
April 12th, 2005, 19:50
Ask SEGA Europe they'll ship ya a free copy of Dreamkey 3.0.

How do you got about getting this?

I would like a copy for myself.

Zherae
April 12th, 2005, 20:55
I emailed them asking if it was possible to ship a copy of Dreamkey to my country then I got a reply asking for the address and that's all about it, they're really friendly too.

Devlin
April 14th, 2005, 23:19
sweet.
What's the email address?

Zherae
April 15th, 2005, 03:02
info @ segahelp.com

Jdemon
April 15th, 2005, 04:23
Actually my favorite DC web browser was the 2.6.2 (U.S.) unfortunately that one wasn't very widespread... Can you actually get online with the DC nowadays? There's also a Web Browser on Jet Grind Radio that was useable too. A few other games have them...don't remember which anymore.

Emulation_Chief
April 15th, 2005, 05:56
Hello:

There's another alternative to get Online on your Dreamcast. A couple of years ago I downloaded a Web Browser called Psylocibin Dreams. I'm not sure if the Psylocibin team developed this one. I just found the news on DCemulation, follow the link and start downloading. Maybe they still have info on that Browser. It works very fine, it is free and completely legal. Web navigation is limited to several sites that appears on the screen by default, but you will see the results. WARNING 56k'ers, it's a huge file for download. The good part is that the file is in several parts of 10MB approximately.

...and sorry, I don't know the Website to find it. Try DCemulation or Consolevision for more info.

ron
April 15th, 2005, 08:15
HI, what you try to say is:
http://www.psilocybindreams.com/pc.php

Mar-09-2005 ]

Updates coming...

XDP Browsers Group Opened
Despite the fiasco with Yahoo, I have decided to open another browser group since a lot of people seemed to like the old one and it was a good place for DC Browser users to find support.

To contact: http://www.dcemulation.com/phpBB (FORUMS)

Darksaviour69
April 15th, 2005, 11:16
It works very fine, it is free and completely legal
not true, that browser is a hack of sega's browers...therefore illegal

Zherae
April 15th, 2005, 13:51
Not to mention it doesn't work very well on PAL machines because some keyboard keys are placed differently from US.

Eric
April 15th, 2005, 14:17
I wish i could get my hands on the planetweb 3.0 for us North Americans cause we cant get Dreamkey 3.0 down here.

mdd
February 10th, 2008, 18:42
would sega europe still have copies

Elven6
February 10th, 2008, 23:23
I doubt that, I heard XDP browser is currently the best one available.

dcdood
February 14th, 2008, 00:37
I saw planet web for like 10-15$ on ebay...

Wonder if someone could program a nice Homebrew one with Coders Cable\Modem and BBA Connections. (even release it so that people can access it like a real DC Game accesses DreamKey via Binary loading (every thing KOS is capable with too :0)

BlueCrab
February 14th, 2008, 02:56
Wonder if someone could program a nice Homebrew one with Coders Cable\Modem and BBA Connections. (even release it so that people can access it like a real DC Game accesses DreamKey via Binary loading (every thing KOS is capable with too :0)
While it would be very nice to see something like this, I doubt its going to happen any time soon. First of all, KOS doesn't have a networking stack that supports the modem or networking over the serial cable. Second, writing a web browser is a LOT of work. Even porting one would probably be torture (although with things like WebKit, maybe it wouldn't be so hard).

popkid99
March 5th, 2008, 23:01
would sega europe still have copies

Their site is still up... can't hurt to ask them!

Link Here:http://sega-en.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/sega_en.cfg/php/enduser/std_adp.php?p_faqid=182&p_created=1096017863&p_sid=RsBn2kki&p_accessibility=0&p_lva=&p_sp=cF9zcmNoPTEmcF9zb3J0X2J5PSZwX2dyaWRzb3J0PSZwX 3Jvd19jbnQ9MTMmcF9wcm9kcz0wJnBfY2F0cz0wJnBfcHY9JnB fY3Y9JnBfcGFnZT0xJnBfc2VhcmNoX3RleHQ9ZHJlYW1rZXkgM y4w&p_li=&p_topview=1

Pauly