PDA

View Full Version : VIDEO help

Tricky0
February 3rd, 2007, 00:55
ok whenever i try to put a video(mp4) in the VIDEO section on my psp's memory stick it doesnt show up on my psp? ive tried changing the name to Video(lowercase) and then back to VIDEO. i dont know what to do and im completely at a loss for words.

Tricky0
February 3rd, 2007, 01:22
and ive already tried doing that mproot/anmv(or watever).

Tricky0
February 7th, 2007, 04:34
still havin the same problems..anyone know anything

the_eternal_dark
February 7th, 2007, 08:12
What firmware are you using? and What did you use to convert the video?

pibs
February 7th, 2007, 08:27
Use PsPvideo9 it works on any firmware its quick free and gets the job done. unless u are a perfectionist then u can use other programs that convert to best quality.

http://www.pspvideo9.com/

just install then plug in your psp, it should detect it and then copy your videos through the menu section

bah
February 7th, 2007, 10:19
So the files arent showing up at all, its not that they show up in the menu but wont play?

If your PSP is running firmare 2.81 or above:
Your putting the videos in <PSP's drive letter>:\VIDEO, not <PSP's drive letter>:\PSP\VIDEO or any other place?

If your PSP is running firmware 2.80 or lower:
MP4-SP videos must be placed in <PSP's drive letter>:\MP_ROOT\100MNV01 and named M4V#####.MP4 (the # being any numbers you wish).

AVC videos must be placed in <PSP's drive letter>:\MP_ROOT\100ANV01 and named MAQ#####.MP4 (the # being any numbers you wish).

The videos must have a .MP4 file extension.

As long as the files are in the correct place and have the correct file extension they should at least show up on the psp's menu. They may not play if they are not encoded specifically for the psp, but they'll at least be there.

Tricky0
February 7th, 2007, 13:39
im running on 3.10 oe-a. and i will try the pspvideo9 or that converter(hopefully that works). i have tried doing the mp root thing(along with changing the extention to mp4). i will try the converter and later 2day let you guys know. i appreciate the help:thumbup: