PDA

View Full Version : How do you convert PSX games thorugh Popstation?

Shadowblind
February 3rd, 2007, 01:10
Sorry, Im totally new to this whole popstation thing. I've read the instructions over and over, and I dont know what in blazes is Hot Shots 2, where to get, where to put it, what it is for that matter, and I have no idea what the KEY.BIN is or where to get it and where to put it. For those of you who do know how to do it, can you tell me or answer the scenerio in detail?

SCENERIO: You have DBZ Final Bout (ISO) on your computer. You want to do everything neccesary to be able to play it on your PSP. What in san-heck do you do?

joshisposer
February 3rd, 2007, 02:04
Search for like auto-popstation on google. Unless, you want to buy hot shots golf 2 on your ps3 if you have a ps3. A keys.bin will come with it.

Easy: just search like auto popstation on google

DeathStar
February 3rd, 2007, 02:06
PSX2PSP or PopstationGUI or for OE-C use Icetea, for converting your images.

as for hotshots you download that from the sony store on the PS3.

Shadowblind
February 3rd, 2007, 02:44
Ok, I have BASE.PBP (hotshots) and the KEYS.BIN in the folder with my popstation. I run the exe, and it appears for a second then disappears. Help :(

...PLEASE help?...

BTW, I used AutoPopstations. It doesnt work. At all. I did ALL the things it asked, put the ISO in the folder, ran Autopopstation 4, typed in the name of the game I wanted it to convert, and guess what? It appeared for 1 second then dissapeared...

GobboFett
February 3rd, 2007, 03:39
Ok, I have BASE.PBP (hotshots) and the KEYS.BIN in the folder with my popstation. I run the exe, and it appears for a second then disappears. Help :(

...PLEASE help?...

The .EXE you are referring to is an exe that cannot be run normally through windows. You must run it under command prompt (or DOS really), just get to the folder level you have popstation in and type "popstation image.iso" without the quotes. Alternatively you can create a batch file which you can execute and it will run Popstaion automatically. To do this create a new Notepad text file and type "Popstation.exe image.iso" (without quotes), hit save and save it as "pops.bat" (again no quotes). Put pops.bat in the same folder as popsation.exe and execute the pops.bat file. Just remember to rename the image you are converting to "image.iso" (no quotes) and all should work fine. I hope this doesn't sound too confusing :D

Shadowblind
February 3rd, 2007, 03:52
I did it and the .bat file just appears and disappears like the .exe file...

HELP

Also, what is this image.iso you speak of?

MicroNut
February 3rd, 2007, 07:04
I did it and the .bat file just appears and disappears like the .exe file...

HELP

Also, what is this image.iso you speak of?

In the text/bat file that GobboFett had you create add another line to it so that it reads like this:

Popstation.exe image.iso

Pause

This way the dos box stays open (until you hit any key) and you can see what the error is.

image.iso = DBZ Final Bout.iso

caindbx
March 14th, 2007, 03:09
can anyone help me? i just recently updated to 3.03 OE-C and can't seem to get my PSX isos to run, i can get them to be created and over to the psp but when i go to load them it just stays on a blank xmb screen any help will be welcome thanks

dreamwalker
March 14th, 2007, 10:25
Sorry, Im totally new to this whole popstation thing. I've read the instructions over and over, and I dont know what in blazes is Hot Shots 2, where to get, where to put it, what it is for that matter, and I have no idea what the KEY.BIN is or where to get it and where to put it. For those of you who do know how to do it, can you tell me or answer the scenerio in detail?

SCENERIO: You have DBZ Final Bout (ISO) on your computer. You want to do everything neccesary to be able to play it on your PSP. What in san-heck do you do?

Depending on your fw version the best packages to use to convert your psx iso to eboot.pbp (required to play the game on psp) are KingSquitters psx2psp v1.2 (http://forums.maxconsole.net/showthread.php?t=40946) or Zinga Burgas PsGUI300beta (http://zingaburga.freehostia.com/forum/showthread.php?tid=57) (source code available if you are interested). These guis no longer require the keys.bin file if your fw is 3.03oec or above. The base.pbp file needs to be saved to the FILES folder for psx2psp or DATA folder for PsGUI300beta. All that is then required is that you fill the empty text boxes with the required info and click go. These guis allow customisation of your eboot.pbp (game and save id changes and custom icons and music whilst game highlighted within the XMB). This is great because without it, all of your games will appear as HSG2 on your psp which can cause problems with save data etc. It is also necessary if you wish to play multi-disc games like MGS at some point. Both of these guis are simple to use but do come with very good readme files. As long as you do not have a problem with GUIs then I would recommend one of these packages. Hope this helps ....:D

EDIT Perhaps I should have had a look at the original post date before replying to this :o Never mind ....

dreamwalker
March 14th, 2007, 10:31
can anyone help me? i just recently updated to 3.03 OE-C and can't seem to get my PSX isos to run, i can get them to be created and over to the psp but when i go to load them it just stays on a blank xmb screen any help will be welcome thanks

Can you give a little more info?
When you access memory stick in the XMB does it say no games or do you see games but they just won't load?
If they start loading but then crash at what point do they crash?
Where have you saved your eboots to on your psp?
What did you use to create your eboots?

weirdelf
March 14th, 2007, 10:32

I've sent you a pm

Haematite
March 20th, 2007, 20:55
I have the same problem as caindbx, can anyone help?

Triv1um
March 20th, 2007, 20:58
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=56492

My tutorial, check it out.

Haematite
March 20th, 2007, 21:22
Thanks, but it still does nothing when I start the game up...

weirdelf
March 20th, 2007, 21:43
That usually means that your iso is messed up. Try ripping it again using a different converter

Haematite
March 20th, 2007, 22:10
Nope, that ain't the problem, tried it with loads of games.

phattboy29
March 21st, 2007, 13:31
try this: http://dl.qj.net/Simple-Popstation-GUI-v2.21-Beta-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC)/pg/12/fid/12220/catid/192

if your iso is good (and if you have the program put the converted file automatically on your PSP), then it works, if not then find another iso compression program... IsoBuster, Ultra ISO, Magic ISO to name a few

but the program above literally walks you through... trust me, i was looking for the answer for days... still issues with certain roms on my end (MK Trilogy, Tekken 3), but all the other PSX games i've converted work just peachy!

Triv1um
March 21st, 2007, 17:30
try this: http://dl.qj.net/Simple-Popstation-GUI-v2.21-Beta-PSP-Tools-Utilities-(on-PC)/pg/12/fid/12220/catid/192

Thats what i used in the tutorial above :)

undefind
March 22nd, 2007, 01:10
just curious, how do you convert games that have a 25 meg .sub file? i seem to get a lot of those in the psx games i download and those in particular i cannot seem to get to work.

weirdelf
March 22nd, 2007, 10:08
just curious, how do you convert games that have a 25 meg .sub file? i seem to get a lot of those in the psx games i download and those in particular i cannot seem to get to work.

Ignore the .sub and convert the .iso/.img/.bin

undefind
March 22nd, 2007, 22:52
it seems as though those are the ones i cant seem to get to work.
i convert them to an eboot and it ends up corrupted. perhaps i need to try putting them in their respective SCU/SLU folders?

F9zDark
March 23rd, 2007, 08:20
Ice Tea is the way to go folks. Makes it as simple as can be and supports compression, icon, sound and pic choosing, and documentation creation. It really is the greatest GUI ever made for converting PS1 ISOs into Eboots.

AgeruToroi
October 29th, 2007, 20:24
I cant get the mm3 3.71 custum firm to run on my psp i get cant run game......

i updated to sony's 3.71 and then put the mm3 3.71 in the update folder but it wont work.

suggestions?

AgeruToroi
October 29th, 2007, 20:38
I cant get the mm3 3.71 custum firm to run on my psp i get cant run game......

i updated to sony's 3.71 and then put the mm3 3.71 in the update folder but it wont work.

suggestions?

Sonicboy 101
October 29th, 2007, 21:16
Old thread.
Also your problem is that you are on Sony firmware, it won't run homebrew. Use Pandora's battery to downgrade.