PDA

View Full Version : Backgrounds in 3.03 OE-C

elburrodiablo1978
February 3rd, 2007, 18:38
I had FW 1.5, upgraded to 3.02 OE-B. When I try to save a pic for a background, it will save while still in the XMB, but after I load a game and go back to XMB, it is back to default wavy lines. I've already been through this in another thread, so I don't want to hear about going to "Themes" and enabling themes. Now, I've upgraded to 3.03 OE-C, and the same thing. I've had 2.XX FW's before downgrading back to 1.5, so I know how to do it. Any ideas on how to get the backgrounds to stick? I tried PSPersonalize with my own pics converted right, but no luck. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated. Getting reeeeally sick of all the pretty colors and wavy lines.

Shrygue
February 3rd, 2007, 19:34
I seem to have no problems at the moment with custom wallpaper. Maybe you should try resetting the default settings?

dejkirkby
February 3rd, 2007, 19:44
It is so easily sorted. Go to SETTINGS/THEME SETTINGS/WALLPAPER/USE or simply go to you photos on the memory stick, bring up the menu and click on the use as wallpaper button.

elburrodiablo1978
February 3rd, 2007, 20:54
Already tried all of that. No offense, but I'm not a noob at any of this, most of the time I figure it out on my own, but this one's different. This makes the 4th PSP I've put custom firmware on (mine, 3 friends) and it is the only one that does this. I'm at my wits' end.

Shrygue
February 3rd, 2007, 21:00
I'm frankly puzzled as it why it still happens if you alreay tried what has been previously suggested. :confused:

elburrodiablo1978
February 3rd, 2007, 21:07
edited for redundancy

pt9087
February 3rd, 2007, 21:39
Your Problem is not setting default factory settings at the key moments... such as after a downgrade or upgade to CF. Run recovery and go back to 1.5... Restore factory settings then upgrade back to 3.xx OE-X then restore factory settings again. Then try again if that doesnt work then its your PSP

dejkirkby
February 3rd, 2007, 21:43
Your Problem is not setting default factory settings at the key moments... such as after a downgrade or upgade to CF. Run recovery and go back to 1.5... Restore factory settings then upgrade back to 3.xx OE-X then restore factory settings again. Then try again if that doesnt work then its your PSP

Well you learn something new everyday. I didn't realise that this could be a factor. I just assumed that you could restore the factory settings as and when required and if you didn't do it straight away it could affect your preferences. Thanks for enlightening me!:thumbup:

elburrodiablo1978
February 4th, 2007, 14:01
Downgraded to 1.5, then reflashed 3.03 OE-C, and it works fine now. Thank you very much.

dejkirkby
February 4th, 2007, 14:05
Downgraded to 1.5, then reflashed 3.03 OE-C, and it works fine now. Thank you very much.

I'm glad you got it sorted!