PDA

View Full Version : Cant play your ps3 games on other peoples consoles

Tree
February 3rd, 2007, 19:47
Is it true that you can only play a PS3 game on the console you first put it in :S becasuse i heard you cant play it on friends PS3s? :(

dejkirkby
February 3rd, 2007, 19:50
That's so not true, it's laughable.

Shrygue
February 3rd, 2007, 19:51
I haven't heard of any such thing.

Tree
February 3rd, 2007, 19:59
good good ... i though it could have been true just so they can get more people to buy games insted of people like borrowing them

dejkirkby
February 3rd, 2007, 20:03
But think of it like this. If your PS3 breaks, would you be happy at the options presented to you?
1. You buy a new PS3 AND a new set of games.
2. You don't buy a new PS3 and have x amount of useless BluRay's that you can't sell or give away as they are useless.
They would be a public outcry if they tried this exclusivity tactic.

joshisposer
February 3rd, 2007, 20:51
My friend and I share games around. I have 3, he has like 5-6. He has only one game i have, Resistance, because he liked it a lot. We go back and forth, so no, this is not true.

gdf
February 3rd, 2007, 21:28
it wouldn't surprise me, it's sony lol! har har

jonezybaby
February 3rd, 2007, 22:24
it wouldn't surprise me, it's sony lol! har har

i second that lol

Tree
February 3rd, 2007, 22:36
But think of it like this. If your PS3 breaks, would you be happy at the options presented to you?
1. You buy a new PS3 AND a new set of games.
2. You don't buy a new PS3 and have x amount of useless BluRay's that you can't sell or give away as they are useless.
They would be a public outcry if they tried this exclusivity tactic.

yeah true i didnt think of it like that :p

:thumbup: for sony not being to crazy :P

SSaxdude
February 3rd, 2007, 23:39
Well Sony patented a technology that would make your PS3 games not work on other PS3s. They obviously didn't use it on released PS3s. I believe it would have been an effort to curb piracy (which seems to have already failed.)

Tree
February 6th, 2007, 19:51
but hackers are always going to get around codes to make it possible 2 make pirates its something nearly impossible to stop ...

Apoklepz
February 6th, 2007, 20:01
If it were true, companies like Blockbuster wouldn't be renting them.

Imagine all the complaints from customers not being able to play their rented games, and not only that, but the amount of money SONY would never see...cause after all, Blockbuster, and all other video rentals, do buy the games first in order to rent them.

Ayle
February 11th, 2007, 18:14
Can I play jap or euro ps2 games on my ps3? Or do I need to want for a modchip?