PDA

View Full Version : Custom XMB 3.10 oe-a - does it work?

levitation1o1
February 5th, 2007, 01:59
Yeah, just wondering before I try to flash it...

krazykarl
February 5th, 2007, 02:13
i just bricked mine trying that
thank god for recovery mode!

ACID
February 5th, 2007, 03:06
i just bricked mine trying that
thank god for recovery mode!

Hey just bricked mine two how did you fix yours i used the recoverypack and all and still no friking luck.

mavsman4457
February 5th, 2007, 03:54
What is custom XMB? Or are you just referring to custom firmware?

F9zDark
February 5th, 2007, 03:58
Hey just bricked mine two how did you fix yours i used the recoverypack and all and still no friking luck.

I hope you made backups... Really people, you all SHOULD be using USB>Flash0. You can backup your flash no problem and in the event of a brick, copy the backup files over BAM, brick no more.

You may have to put OE-Flasher on the memstick and run it from Recovery mode...

MicroNut
February 5th, 2007, 04:12
I hope you made backups... Really people, you all SHOULD be using USB>Flash0. You can backup your flash no problem and in the event of a brick, copy the backup files over BAM, brick no more.

You may have to put OE-Flasher on the memstick and run it from Recovery mode...

I am very interested in the type of recovery.

Its possible to go into recovery and raw write the flash files from a previous firmware to flash0?

I know that its possible now but thought this was more of a tool for those who like to edit the psp's dashboard.

Is this as simple as copying the flash0 via USB to my PC and back if I need too?
Is it that simple?

levitation1o1
February 5th, 2007, 04:17
What is custom XMB? Or are you just referring to custom firmware?

XMB stands for "Cross Media Bar," the format for the PSP's media layout. Customizing is changing the icons in the horizontal axis.

ACID
February 5th, 2007, 04:18
so how can i recover can i copy one frome another psp

the_eternal_dark
February 5th, 2007, 07:22
so how can i recover can i copy one frome another psp

Doubtful, if you want to try it though, just ask.

*edit* Do not change the font or the icons in revision a, it caused mine to brick too, but I've since recovered. Have a ready dump of flash0 and enable USB mode (in the advanced menu) from the recovery menu, then copy the files back over to your flash0.

krazykarl
February 6th, 2007, 00:21
Hey just bricked mine two how did you fix yours i used the recoverypack and all and still no friking luck.You need to download the 1.5 eboot and rename to update.pbp and stick it in your psp/game/recovery folder and then run from recovery menu. Good luck!

pob-pnuk
February 6th, 2007, 14:47
no it doesnt work

thats why i downgraded back to 3.03 OE-C

xcjzerox
February 6th, 2007, 14:54
wait I have custom themes and I change the font and is not brick