PDA

View Full Version : DSOrganise vs Moonshell

gohan2091
February 5th, 2007, 02:49
I am new to homebrew, only buying an M3 simply for my DSLite 2 weeks ago. I like to store pictures, videos and mp3's on my 2GB SDcard and I'd like to use just 1 program for these but at the moment that's not possible. Let me explain...

Picture and Animation
==================

If I want to view large pictures (dimensions) on my DS, I have to use Moonshell because DSOrganise doesn't support large pictures... it just gives me an error. If I want to view animations (GIFs), I have to use DSOrganise because Moonshell doesnt support animations.

I have to reboot my DS and change program to view animations and pictures.

Music
===========

I have approx 400 MP3's stored on my SDcard. I wish to use Moonshell to play these files but it appears Moonshell only allows a maximum of 255 files causing half of my music to dissapear. If I use DSOrganise, I can see all MP3 files however unlike Moonshell, this application has no power saving standby mode. I cannot close the DS to go to standby either because the music stops.

To listen to music, I have to use DSOrganise because it shows all my files. Unfortunely the backlight of both screens remains on while the music is playing which seriously drains the power of my DS.

Movies
============

Moonshell supports movies, DSOrganise does not. I have to switch programs to view movies.

Does anyone have a sensible solution for this? Why don't the creators of DSOrganise and Moonshell work together and merge the two programs into one?

Junixx
February 5th, 2007, 03:30
Picture and Animation
==================

If I want to view large pictures (dimensions) on my DS, I have to use Moonshell because DSOrganise doesn't support large pictures... it just gives me an error. If I want to view animations (GIFs), I have to use DSOrganise because Moonshell doesnt support animations.

I have to reboot my DS and change program to view animations and pictures.

Reboot your DS to change programs? each program has a built in launcher, just search through the card the .nds of the program and launch it

Music
===========

I have approx 400 MP3's stored on my SDcard. I wish to use Moonshell to play these files but it appears Moonshell only allows a maximum of 255 files causing half of my music to dissapear. If I use DSOrganise, I can see all MP3 files however unlike Moonshell, this application has no power saving standby mode. I cannot close the DS to go to standby either because the music stops.

To listen to music, I have to use DSOrganise because it shows all my files. Unfortunely the backlight of both screens remains on while the music is playing which seriously drains the power of my DS.

It doesn't shut the light off in DSOrganize? It does on mine...it actually completely shuts the screens off, still plays music also, just not from the external speakers

Anyway to fix your max file count problem in Moonshell, I've never messed with this really but open up your global.ini in the shell or moonshll or whatever folder it was and find this:

; 1.7 FileMaxCount = [N] (Default = 256)

; The maximum file count that filesystem allows.
; Don't change this value if you are not absolutely sure of what you are doing!

; 管理可能最大ファイル数

FileMaxCount=256

Try raising the 256 to 500 or 512, hopefully that will solve that problem

gohan2091
February 5th, 2007, 15:02
Reboot your DS to change programs? each program has a built in launcher, just search through the card the .nds of the program and launch it

Yes I have to reboot my DS to switch between the 2 programs because one is launched in GAME, the other is launched in MULTIMEDIA.

To access Moonshell, I boot up M3 Simply, it gives me 3 options, I select MULTIMEIA and then it automatically boots up Moonshell. I can then listen to music, watch movies etc. I am unable to boot DSOrganise from Moonshell. When I click DSOrganise.ds.gba nothing happpens and when I click DSOrganise.nds an error pops up for half a second then goes away. The error reads "Not support adapter type".

To access DSOragnise I have to reboot my DS, click on GAME and then select DSOragnise.nds which will automatically boot up. (I can also load Moonshell from the GAME browser but once in Moonshell, I cannot get back to the GAME browser or DSOrganise without rebooting my DS).

I cannot access Moonshell from the DSOrganise browser though, when I click Moonshell.nds I get an "initializing FAT, Interface: Unkown interface. For some reason, the file was not loadable." Then I have to reboot my DS to do anything.

NOTE: DSOrganise.nds, DSOrganise.ds.gba and the MoonshellM3Simply.nds files are located in the root of my memory card. Should they be in the system folder instead?

It doesn't shut the light off in DSOrganize? It does on mine...it actually completely shuts the screens off, still plays music also, just not from the external speakersWhen does your light turn off in DSOrganise? after so many seconds? I can play music for ages and the backlight stays on for both screens. How do I correct this?

Anyway to fix your max file count problem in Moonshell, I've never messed with this really but open up your global.ini in the shell or moonshll or whatever folder it was and find this:

; 1.7 FileMaxCount = [N] (Default = 256)

; The maximum file count that filesystem allows.
; Don't change this value if you are not absolutely sure of what you are doing!

; 管理可能最大ファイル数

FileMaxCount=256

Try raising the 256 to 500 or 512, hopefully that will solve that problem

Yay! that works, raised it to 600 and it detects all my music. Only bad thing about Moonshell now is, I have so much music, it takes ages to scroll through it all, where as in DSOrganise, I have scroller on the touchscreen which I can scroll down with the pen.

cheesypoof5
February 16th, 2007, 06:22
Two words. STREAMING. RADIO.
On DSorganize

darkhelmet
May 28th, 2007, 03:17
When you are listening to mp3s through DSOrganize and you close the lid, the music plays through the headphone jack, not the speakers.

acn010
May 28th, 2007, 03:29
is the music low on volume on the ds???

TeenDev
May 28th, 2007, 03:55
there is actually a very simple way of doing this due. Use my little app 'GBAMP Multiboot Selector v1.7' and just DLDI patch everything to R4/M3 Simply then press B to do DSO and X to do Moonshell.

gohan2091
May 28th, 2007, 12:53
I have already fixed the problem, no need to reply anymore people lol.

cheesypoof5 (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/member.php?u=61783), I can't use streaming radio... where would I get access to the internet from? I'm no where near a wireless connection, and I am hardly going to hook up to my PC when I want to listen to the DS portably.

Blue Yoshi
May 29th, 2007, 16:18
Hi guys!!

Just one question.. How can I skin DSOrganize?
I would appreciate some links where I can download some DSO themes too.

That default white theme is killing me :(

spannernick
February 8th, 2008, 15:56
I have already fixed the problem, no need to reply anymore people lol.

How did you fix the problem..not support adapter..?

silva79
February 8th, 2008, 21:51
Two words. STREAMING. RADIO.
On DSorganizeWhat does this mean? Can you stream music from your Home Network to your DS using DSOrganize?

unclexyzzy
February 17th, 2008, 01:32
What does this mean? Can you stream music from your Home Network to your DS using DSOrganize?

The music is streamed from a m3u or pls file that has a web address of a server on it. shoutcast.com has a large database of these streaming servers.

Also, lmp-ng is the best DS media player, by far, if all you want is music.

Agent D
January 8th, 2009, 02:22
I have close to 1800 songs on mine (1794 to be exact), but if i set the limit to anything over, i think, 1000, moonshell locks up. I've tried lmp-ng, which does show all of my songs, but I'd really like to use moonshell, because the sound quality just kicks lmp-ng's ass. Anybody know of a fix or update in the works?

boyo1991
January 20th, 2009, 18:33
well with DSOrganize, just do the shortcut .dss file, and keep DSOrganize running all day.. thats what i do.. sure, its not quite the same thing, but its pretty easy to work with..