PDA

View Full Version : HELP! Chrono Cross bug in PS1 emu?

Uzumaki_Naruto
February 5th, 2007, 15:21
Hey there fellas!

i have a question to make to all members of the forum that play PS1 games on the PSP. In chrono cross (square greatest masterpiece) during disc1 when Norris joins my party the game just blocks and i can't do anything else... has anybody experienced this bug too?

i'd appriciate answers, please :P

Serge296
March 9th, 2007, 19:29
Man i'm stuck there too wondering if this can be be passed or are we both screwed

dorkus
March 12th, 2007, 19:14
Man i'm stuck there too wondering if this can be be passed or are we both screwed
I'm thinking we are screwed on this one. I have been hoping that someone would figure out a way to solve this problem for months now so you are not the first one to ask this question.

The character screens locks up at different places for different people. I lock up when I try to add Pip or Mel to my party. It's seems to happens if you missed adding one of the characters to your party in the order that they are presented. I know that I missed Mojo and haven't been able to add him and that was because I probably had a bad install of the fist 3.XX O.E and could get the item menu to open up in the sea side village. I've been able to skip by him a few time but now I'm stuck.

Gorkab Nitrix
April 3rd, 2007, 21:39
I've tried to solve this bug on the 3.03 OE-C Custom Firmware and the new 3.10 OE-A2, and unfortunately, it's still screening black with the music rolling on continuously...

It might change with the 3.30, but I'm waiting for a custom version. Does anyone has this firmware installed and yet, solved this bug ? :confused:

redhotchilimando
April 11th, 2007, 22:07
I've tried to solve this bug on the 3.03 OE-C Custom Firmware and the new 3.10 OE-A2, and unfortunately, it's still screening black with the music rolling on continuously...

It might change with the 3.30, but I'm waiting for a custom version. Does anyone has this firmware installed and yet, solved this bug ? :confused:

you can't have 3.30 installed and run a playstation game that you didn't buy from the sony store my friend.

but yeah, it happened to me too :(
stupid norris can't join the damn party

let's just hope that dark alex releases the new firmware soon and we can play with the speeding up of playstation titles :D

redhotchilimando
April 16th, 2007, 16:36
ahh, it works it works!!

more chrono cross, here i come

Gorkab Nitrix
April 16th, 2007, 21:00
ahh, it works it works!!

more chrono cross, here i come

Yeah !!!! I've just installed the 3.30 OE-A firmware and this damn Norris has joined my party at last ! No black screen with the fanfare music anymore :p ! Tonight will be a long night ! Thank you and good game ! ;)

The King
April 16th, 2007, 21:35
yay crono rules

Gorkab Nitrix
April 18th, 2007, 14:58
I'm having a new problem with the 3.30 OE-A firmware, the sound is going high-pitched after the launching of the game and can't stop this really annoying noise, making the game 50 % unenjoyable. Hav you guys got the same problem ? :confused:

mareko_pl
April 24th, 2007, 20:31
so chrono cross works perfectly on 3.30 OE-A??
i have updated to 3.40 OE and it allways freez on batlle with komodos..... :-[

redhotchilimando
April 25th, 2007, 20:10

did you set the game speed for fast in the settings?

mareko_pl
April 26th, 2007, 20:17
nope i have setup normal disc speed....i even try on fast but it is the same.
if any one can confirm that on 3.30 oe we can go through that komodos qest without crash??

Gorkab Nitrix
April 27th, 2007, 20:22

Mhm, I'm also in 3.40 OE-A and my sound problem is still here... But in comparison, no problem concerning battles... Will we ever be able to play this game properly ? :cool:

Apparently, the sound problem is known :

Chrono Trigger (NTSC) - Major Music Problems*, otherwise fine

poo
April 30th, 2007, 03:24
I to have the problem with freezing when komodos is about to die. I however only have the sound problems if I have the loading speed set to fast, in normal it doesn't seen to effect the sound.

Perhaps someone could upload a save game somewhere that is just passed komodos so that others could continue playing the game.

DPyro
April 30th, 2007, 04:06
I found out early in the game that it simply has problems running on the PSP. Now in FFVII I'm running into problems at the beginning of disc 2. :(

dorkus
May 1st, 2007, 16:45
I to have the problem with freezing when komodos is about to die. I however only have the sound problems if I have the loading speed set to fast, in normal it doesn't seen to effect the sound.

Perhaps someone could upload a save game somewhere that is just passed komodos so that others could continue playing the game.

It won't matter.
I'm at a later point in the game and it happened to me twice. First time it happened in a battle against 6-7 enemies, anytime I tried to use an element it would freeze and kick me back to the PS1 logo. The second time was against a boss and it would happen everytime the boss goes through it's death animation. I'm still stuck on that part.

poo
May 2nd, 2007, 07:30
Well it seems to have worked ok for me, i'm nearly at the second disc now.

I used cwcheat to advance my savegame to just past komodos in epsxe and then resumed playing on the psp without any worries.

Also I believe I'll be able to get to the second disc using cwcheat.

goumba
May 3rd, 2007, 05:58
It won't matter.
First time it happened in a battle against 6-7 enemies, anytime I tried to use an element it would freeze and kick me back to the PS1 logo. The second time was against a boss and it would happen everytime the boss goes through it's death animation. I'm still stuck on that part.

grrr. happened to me today. 3.03 would keep locking up when korcha joined, upgraded to 3.40 was happy until this started.

you wouldn't happen to have probs with the dwarves/hydra, eh? fortunately with the dwarves only certain ones used elements and so by eliminating them before they used three (the magic number causing it to reboot to the ps1 logo) i was able to get through that battle as the other dwarves were all physical attacks.

now i can't get past the hydra - when it dies, stupid thing "reboots."

oh, fwiw... never had a problem with komodo or any other batles with 3.03 :-\

Gorkab Nitrix
May 4th, 2007, 13:21

I used cwcheat to advance my savegame to just past komodos in epsxe and then resumed playing on the psp without any worries.

How did you switch the first CD to the second ? :cool:

Passa
May 4th, 2007, 13:32
I've been using 3.10 OE-A' and its been running perfectly, albeit freezing every time someone joins my party.

I've been using cwcheat and ePSXe to get around that, however its a pain in the arse and apparently these newer firmwares are no better :(

goumba
May 5th, 2007, 17:55
I haven't noticed 3.40-OE freeze during joining part members. Not to say it won't, but 3.03, 3.10 would crash when Korcha tried to join, and I could get past that in 3.40-OE.

As far as the boss battles, maybe its akin to a memory leak... Just to try last night, I fought the Hydra where the game would crash every time when it died (as others here have described with boss battles). I used CWCheat to give all characters Max Strength. I defeated the Hydra within the attack by the third party member, so no elements were used and a very short battle -- and it did not crash.

Unfortunately it sucks to continue after that as any other battle at this point is over with one swing of a swallow. Not fun at all.

Passa
May 6th, 2007, 06:40
Yes, thats why I have to stay with the 3.10 firmware to play Chrono Cross (even though it freezes when characters join my party). Tis ok, just have to transfer my save to ePSXe and get past the party join bit.

goumba
May 6th, 2007, 16:44
That's something I never could get to work... when exactly do you save to memory card to a file? Everything I've read says just start the game, I've tried that, and the load saved game screen, and ePSXe never recognizes that there are any saves in the file. psxeven shows all the saves as garbage. :\

mareko_pl
May 6th, 2007, 17:15

lol thx man, i willt try to do just like you,:thumbup:

Passa
May 7th, 2007, 08:02
Yep, I can also confirm that with cwcheat, I hit the second disc last night with no problems :)

redhotchilimando
May 7th, 2007, 17:13
how do you do it???
i'm ready to go to the second disc, but i don't know how :(

Gorkab Nitrix
May 11th, 2007, 23:34
Well, for me who is in 3.40 OE-A, there is actually no freezing when I add characters to my group (And since I have all of them, you can trust me :) ). But I always have freezing in some boss battles after one hour of playing (I just have to restart the PSP and I can pass through but still it's a little bit boring...).

From where I'm now, I have to switch to the second CD but my problem is that with 3.40 OE-A, you had to convert your saves from DAT to VMP, making it unconvertible by CWCheat ! So I'm waiting for a new version of this excellent program to (re-)enjoy Chrono Cross on my PSP...

Memento
May 16th, 2007, 08:20
another cronos cross victim...
wat has the world come too?...

Gold Line
May 16th, 2007, 09:16
why does cronos cross never work?

Memento
May 16th, 2007, 11:49
who knows

polako77
May 17th, 2007, 03:50
Yes, thats why I have to stay with the 3.10 firmware to play Chrono Cross (even though it freezes when characters join my party). Tis ok, just have to transfer my save to ePSXe and get past the party join bit.

I'm with the 3.10 too, I know that you use CWCHEAT to transfer your save to ePSXe.
BUT I can't do it!! how do you do that??

can you help me?

cheers!

Gorkab Nitrix
May 17th, 2007, 15:26
http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/attachment.php?attachmentid=11685&d=1162029102

:D

3arbagy
November 30th, 2007, 15:01
is there any way to play cc on 3.30 without having to buy it?

-Xandu-
November 30th, 2007, 15:37
is there any way to play cc on 3.30 without having to buy it?

You can convert it using any POPSTATION converter if you own the original disk, ya 3arbagy..

3arbagy
December 14th, 2007, 21:47
eh da !! enta 3araby???

-Xandu-
December 14th, 2007, 21:50
Yes.

3arbagy
December 14th, 2007, 21:53
i have another question.. i downloaded devicehooker to my psp and then i downloaded the new firmware 3.5 but it ruined the devicehooker ... does anybody know how can i remove this problem??

3arbagy
December 14th, 2007, 21:53
eshta 3aleek :D

-Xandu-
December 14th, 2007, 21:57
You can run PSX games off 3.XX M33, so you won't need Devhook. Refer to this (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=68856) thread for more info.

eshta.

kyyubidx
December 27th, 2007, 00:13
so... I was the original starter of this thread and noone answered at the time... xD
anyway, I've changed identity and was wondering what are the actual issues the game has... in CFW 3.71M33-4 of course... can anyone enlighten me?