PDA

View Full Version : What would you do in my situation?

BoltDiesel
February 5th, 2007, 17:46
First, Hi to everyone, the site is great and every post I read has something informative. I've been a guest to the forums every weekened for the last few weeks and doing my own research(which wasn't much) I ended up buying another PSP just to enjoy nostalgia.
I'm kinda new to all of this homebrew again. I used to homebrew with my 1.5 back when SNES games were still running at half speed, but ditched homebrew for Monster Hunter. Didn't regret it then , but do regret it now come to find out all the cool **** you guys have been doing and I'm out of it with a 2.81
Now, I was doing a little shopping this weekend for a semi used 2.80 or less so I can start work on it, and i ran into this mom n pops with a "1.5 3 ps1 games for $200usd). excited as i was to see it on display I asked the guy to let me try it out. It had Rival schools, MvsC, and another Mv. I started asking the guy all sorts of questions which he didn't know. He did say it had a 1 year on it, any problems just bring it in, blahblah, just trying to seel it. in my exitement i didnt even check the firmware the scratches on the screen were bugging me a bit though.
Anyway so now I was comparing the new(A) one with my old(B) one at home.

in system info
(A)New_________(B)Old<an original 1.5>
3.03oe-a________2.81
s/nFU100.._______SUo56..
5C_____________5A
both were PSP1001

Not much of the same so I'm thinking they sold me a later version just downgraded. I was told it was an original 1.5.

another thing I noticed is a stream of dead pixels on the screen, hardly noticable but I can see its there(ugggghhh), the screen has these faint scratches on them, in better condition than my old one ofcourse but still.

What I would like for you guys to please tell me, would you go back to the store , trade in their "1.5" for a new inbox one and work with that one or?
I honestly don't know. I'm not rich, i did have to save up a bit to get this second PSP.

any word of advice would be greatly apreciated.Thank you BD

p.s.Sorry for the wall of text X/

splodger15
February 5th, 2007, 17:54
Keep the new one and just downgrade it

SSaxdude
February 5th, 2007, 17:55
Dude 3.03 is downgradeable: http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=51035
If you need the files to downgrade email me.
party time

BoltDiesel
February 5th, 2007, 18:01
So 3.03, will it come with a new inbox? How do i know?

explodger15, keep the new one? you mean in box or the one thats already modded? forgive me for not understanding

todays my day off, if I find out I can get a correct new system and do work on it, i will go back to the store and give the modded one in for a new one.

BoltDiesel
February 5th, 2007, 20:24
So, I traded in the used 3.03oe-a for a brand new in box 2.70, thing is its a ta-82(sp)? am i f'ed?

Cheyzak
February 5th, 2007, 20:33
So, I traded in the used 3.03oe-a for a brand new in box 2.70, thing is its a ta-82(sp)? am i f'ed?
Actualy not. IINM there is a downgrader for ta's, and many members here on DCemu have 3.03oe-a or later on their ta-082s.

BoltDiesel
February 5th, 2007, 21:32
(laughing like skeletor)

I got it to 1.5 yay for me, now what would be the safest route for me to go to get the latest firmware?

anyone with ta-082s out there?

TYSVM all btw