PDA

View Full Version : Web Browser BSOD with 3.10 OE-A

SpooForBrains
February 5th, 2007, 22:47
Since upgrading to 3.10 OE-A I can't load the web browser.

When I attempt to, I get the "Your settings are corrupt" BSOD and the system hangs. Once it has powered off and I turn it back on, I can continue as normal (no reset of the settings has happened) but if I attempt to access the web browser the same thing happens.

Has anyone else had this problem?

I have disabled all plugins.

xg917
February 5th, 2007, 22:53
no probs for me, restore system settings to default, it should get rid of the problem

keefurxxcore
February 5th, 2007, 23:12
i have. i will try restoring soon after im done with metal slug on pops hehhehehe :)

SpooForBrains
February 5th, 2007, 23:14
Restore to default settings did indeed work, thanks.

Related, though, I've never been able to save bookmarks. I get "Save failed (80010002)". I think this happened after swapping memory sticks out a long time ago (when I got my 2GB stick). Could it be because the files for the web browser are missing from the memstick?

keefurxxcore
February 5th, 2007, 23:18
nah the web brower in the flash or ram or somewthing liek that the guts

F9zDark
February 5th, 2007, 23:28
Restore to default settings did indeed work, thanks.

Related, though, I've never been able to save bookmarks. I get "Save failed (80010002)". I think this happened after swapping memory sticks out a long time ago (when I got my 2GB stick). Could it be because the files for the web browser are missing from the memstick?

If you use the format memory stick option on the PSP, it should put the necessary folders and files for saving bookmarks.

keefurxxcore
February 5th, 2007, 23:35
yeah but then all your files get deleted and you need to put them all back on, a real hassle....

Accordion
February 5th, 2007, 23:38
as a side note: WPA does no longer work on 3.10 OE-A...

i was thinking it might be possible to swap some of the 3.03 OE files to get it working again...but i wouldnt know what to move...

i would hope trial and error of net related files wouldnt cause problems other than in the network mode...but im too scared to try just yet

keefurxxcore
February 5th, 2007, 23:42
wpa?

Shrygue
February 5th, 2007, 23:45
WPA encryption in network settings seems to work fine for me.

Accordion
February 6th, 2007, 00:01
you mean you can connect to the internet via a WPA network?

i can set it up okay...but when i come to testing connection, i get something like: "connecting to access point" followed by "exchanging key info" and then it loops from there until the connnection times out...

help?

Shrygue
February 6th, 2007, 00:08
you mean you can connect to the internet via a WPA network

Yes I can, as I have a wireless router at home set up with WPA encryption. My PSP connects fine with it, in fact it shows webpages of DCEmu faster than my stupid computer can (surprising, since it's quite a powerful one).

i can set it up okay...but when i come to testing connection, i get something like: "connecting to access point" followed by "exchanging key info" and then it loops from there until the connnection times out...

help?

Maybe you should be closer to the access point, I sometimes get that bit of where it connects, exchanges keys and goes back to the first like you said because I'm not near enough and the signal is weaker.

Accordion
February 6th, 2007, 00:14
thats definately not it...the router is in my room and i always have 100% signal on my floor anyway...

i had this trouble with WPA before 3.03OE-C but that version fixed it...

its not the biggest problem, but it does bother me, and having all my itunes library though RSS was a very nice feature.

you sure your not using WEP?

Shrygue
February 6th, 2007, 00:21
I am absolutely sure it is WPA. Do you wish to see a screenshot for proof?

Accordion
February 6th, 2007, 00:31
no...i just cant figure out why it wont work for me...
maybe i should down and upgrade again...

its really strange, but im too tired to do anything now. hmmm
if i knew where in the flash these things are kept...maybe icould swap them with ones that work.
anyway off to bed. if you figurre anything out send me a PM.
cheers

hmmm. i tried again this morning...and it works perfect.
i didint even rest my connection settings, just re tried and now it works???
weird but great!