PDA

View Full Version : Final Fantasy VII - PSP ISO How to!

JmCRX
February 6th, 2007, 03:38
Hey everyone! I'm a noob here and as this is a quest I am undergoing, I thought I would make a thread dedicated to explaining with details, how to put FFVII to work on PSP using popstation. My main question is: FFVII has 3 disks. Any way of getting them all in the memory card without having to replace each iso as you play through the game? Also, what about save games? Maybe having three different memory cards, one for each disk? Anyhow, food for thought. Please post away with your ideas and help! :thumbup:

Thanks in advance!

JmCRX

gdf
February 6th, 2007, 13:18
you could put all three on if you had a big enough stick, but when you reach the end of a disk you can replace the eboot for that disk with the next one and continue your game.

jonezybaby
February 6th, 2007, 13:57
use PSX2PSP v0.7 and compress them, dependin on size of memory stick u might get lucky

keefurxxcore
February 8th, 2007, 02:24
i think it provides a save before you switch the disc. but if im wrong then go with jonezybaby's idea... try to compress it as much as you can or.....use a pc psx emulator to get to the other disc hope this helps

althena77
February 8th, 2007, 09:30
i think it provides a save before you switch the disc. but if im wrong then go with jonezybaby's idea... try to compress it as much as you can or.....use a pc psx emulator to get to the other disc hope this helps

I used the highest compression rate and every disc has a size of about 500 MB when you do that, so if yiu have a 2 GB memory stick, you can put them all on it at once.
But I think there is no point in wasting so much space on your ms as you finish the discs one after another, meaning if you beat disc 1 you don't need it again to beat the game.
Also it does allow you to save before switching to the next disc and even if it wouldn't, having the next disc on the ms wouldn't help as the emulator doesn't support a disc swap without exiting the game.

dreamwalker
February 8th, 2007, 14:17
Hey everyone! I'm a noob here and as this is a quest I am undergoing, I thought I would make a thread dedicated to explaining with details, how to put FFVII to work on PSP using popstation. My main question is: FFVII has 3 disks. Any way of getting them all in the memory card without having to replace each iso as you play through the game? Also, what about save games? Maybe having three different memory cards, one for each disk? Anyhow, food for thought. Please post away with your ideas and help! :thumbup:

Thanks in advance!

JmCRX

Just create an image of each disc using something like CDRwin. Then using something like psx2psp v0.7.1 along with DA's latest popstation create an eboot.pbp for each disc ensuring that you use the same game id on all three discs (ensures that each disc uses the same save data, necessary for changing from one disc to the next). Then save each eboot to your psp\game\gameid folder where gameid is the proper game id of the disc. As long as you are using 310oea2 from DA you should now be able to play FFVII ntsc or pal. All three discs will fit on a 2Gb mem card if fully compressed using popstation. Hope this helps

mikebeaver
February 8th, 2007, 14:37
just to clear up this easily.
You can use CWCheat RevH by Weltall to load a save game on the other discs.
In final fantsy you can save before it asks you to swap discs, in other titles it doesnt, in these instances you would be able to export your save from popstation, onto the MS, put it on PC and play onto the 2nd disc with an emulator, such as EPSXE, then get to the next available save point, save the game then import it back to the PSP with CWCheat, this works I have tried it myself.

dreamwalker
February 8th, 2007, 16:35
just to clear up this easily.
You can use CWCheat RevH by Weltall to load a save game on the other discs.
In final fantsy you can save before it asks you to swap discs, in other titles it doesnt, in these instances you would be able to export your save from popstation, onto the MS, put it on PC and play onto the 2nd disc with an emulator, such as EPSXE, then get to the next available save point, save the game then import it back to the PSP with CWCheat, this works I have tried it myself.

I know this topic has been discussed numerous times on various threads on different forums but it is specifically about FFVII and therefore the technique you describe (whilst very useful for games that do not allow you to save before loading the next disc) is just going to complicate matters unnecessarily on this thread. The technique for FFVII is simply to ensure that all three eboots are created using the same game id.

north_london_lad
February 15th, 2007, 02:02
Really need help :(

I recently finished Xenogears Disc 1 on my psp and save it and it asks me to put in Disc 2 but how the hell do i do that?

Ive tried to load up Disc 2 of xenogears but my savefiles arent showing up on it so not sure what to do :( if anyone can shed some light would love you long time

willparry79
February 28th, 2008, 18:06
like dreamwalker said, this thread is specifically geared towards ff7 emulation... Read the post right above yours, and he answers your question btw.

Now that that's taken care of, I hear rumors that the cutscenes in ff7 don't work with the slim psp... is this true?

crazypianoman88
April 14th, 2008, 22:58
ok im sorry to all you guys who might think this is an annoying question, ive searched all over the web and i cant find a good guide to tell me how to play FFVII on my psp i have no idea what im doing and im new to all this stuff, all i know is that I like FFVII and i have a psp, I read and saw people playing it so I assume you can, PLEASE someone help me!!!

LoudMaximus
April 17th, 2008, 21:00
ok im sorry to all you guys who might think this is an annoying question, ive searched all over the web and i cant find a good guide to tell me how to play FFVII on my psp i have no idea what im doing and im new to all this stuff, all i know is that I like FFVII and i have a psp, I read and saw people playing it so I assume you can, PLEASE someone help me!!!

Have you got custom firmware on your psp or if not do you know anyone with custom firmware?by the sound of things you havent even gotten that far have ya?

AustinQPT
April 19th, 2008, 18:17
*url removed*

Napalm-Death
April 19th, 2008, 18:33

You'd need a custom firmware PSP, and DAX's POPSLoader plugin to load the 3.80 version of POPS in order to run it.

Napalm-Death
April 19th, 2008, 18:34
like dreamwalker said, this thread is specifically geared towards ff7 emulation... Read the post right above yours, and he answers your question btw.

Now that that's taken care of, I hear rumors that the cutscenes in ff7 don't work with the slim psp... is this true?

Sorry for the double-post. YThe cutscenes in FF7 do work on the slim PSP.

indobjork
April 27th, 2008, 23:32
Hello gank,

Newbie here. Does anyone have a save game with leveled up characters that you can share here? I am playing with version 3.30. Thanks!

chaz12102
June 26th, 2008, 03:37
I have a slim and I put Final Fantasy VII on it, but it doesn't get past the first cutscene. I have tried Popsloader, adn Simple Popsloader GUI 2.2. I think I need a game save that is past that, but I'm not sure. Has anyone else had this problem?