PDA

View Full Version : Review: Nyko Dual Charger AC

bandit
February 6th, 2007, 04:45
Nyko Dual Charger AC
Manufacturer: Nyko
Site: Buy from Nyko (http://www.nyko.com/nyko/products/?i=91) / Buy from ConsoleSource (http://www.consolesource.com/affiliates/idevaffiliate.php?id=123)
Price: $24.99

Overview : The Nyko PS3 Dual Charger AC for the PlayStation 3 features dual-USB inputs, allowing two PlayStation 3 controllers to be charged simultaneously from any standard wall outlet using the two included four foot Mini USB cables. The compact unit features collapsable prongs for easy storage and can also be used to charge any USB compliant electronic devices, such as digital cameras and MP3 players.

Features :

Charge 2 wireless PS3 controllers from a standard wall outlet
Includes AC adapter and 2 4ft Mini USB cables
Collapsable prongs for easy storage
Charges other Mini USB devices

Quality/Usability : A draw back with wireless controllers is that if you're playing and forgot to charge, you'll end up with a dead controller while you're playing. This isnt good if you're in a heat of the moment battle against that almighty villian. Luckily for these 3rd party companies, they have come to the rescue.

Nyko has released a Dual Charger AC for the PlayStation3. It is a miniature charging station for the SIXAXIS controller. The charger has a built in wall outlet plug with prongs that sticks out if needed and hides in the adapter for easy storage. On the front of the AC adapter, it houses two USB ports (with cables) that plugs into the SIXAXIS controllers for easy charging while you play. Whats great about about the AC adapter is that it also works for other USB compliant devices such as MP3 players, digital cameras, cellphones and even your PSP.

Simply plug the Dual Charger AC into the wall, plug the USB cables (included) into the adapter and hook up the cables to the controller and you're ready to game!

Conclusion : Overall, the Nyko Dual Charger AC is a must have accessory for any PlayStation3 owner. This item will definitely get a lot of use. Not only will this charge your SIXAXIS when you're not using it but it will charge while you're playing.

The best thing about the adapter is that its small and easy to store but you can also charge other USB compliant devices. Only bad thing about this is the short cables (4 feet) especially if you dont have a wall outlet by where you sit. 6 feet would have been better.

Images via comments

shahrjerdi_ali
April 23rd, 2007, 19:26
sh** thats tight

S34MU5
June 6th, 2007, 00:19
What is with all these lame parapherials?

A plug with 2 USB ports and 2 USB cables.

The cables are worth about £2 each

ChowDown
August 3rd, 2008, 06:38
I have a quick question (albeit late), but does this work fine with DualShock3 controllers, or is it SixAxis-only?

The reason I'm asking is because I just bought one, and wanted to research if it'd with with my DualShock3 before I open it, and I can return it if it's not supposed to work.

bandit
August 3rd, 2008, 16:33
Yes, it works with DS3. There is no difference between SIXAXIS and DS3 except for rumble feature.