PDA

View Full Version : new DS roms not booting and renaming roms issue

tux182
February 6th, 2007, 15:57
Hi Guys

I've got a DS lite and a 4MB flash card with a passcard. Its been collecting dust for a little while now and i think the most modern game i have on it is Super Mario

What normally happens is a download a bunch of ROMS from a newsgroup - unzip and transfer to the flash cart and hopefully play some new games! But recently (in fact the last 3-4 months) i've had 3 main problems i'm trying to overcome

1 - If i download a load of games and they all have filenames like sprpxb.nds etc and i dont know what the heck that game could be. Is there a decent ROM renamer program i can use?
2 - More recent games dont seem to launch after uploading them, they just lock up or freeze. I assume this is because of protection or whatever. Can i somehow check this before uploading? If so how and with what?
3 - If it is due to protection - how do i fix this? I assume i'll need to patch every protected ROM?

I can be more sepicif on which cart + passme and which program i use to upload if need be when i go home next.

Thanks in advance guys :)

kcajblue
February 6th, 2007, 22:06
no rom talk please.
read the rules before posting.