PDA

View Full Version : New Datel Games and music

sotc77
February 7th, 2007, 00:27
Ok, So I just went out abd bought the new Games and Music Cart. How does this measure up to other ones out there and what are the differences. So far, I've gotten nesDS to work, but can't get pictodrive to work. Also can anyone suggest an NES emulator with save abilities that is compatible? Thanks.

kcajblue
February 7th, 2007, 04:21
the datel products are pretty bad.
they have bad homebrew support.

bobtheninjaoffood
July 4th, 2007, 21:30
dont buy gnm buy max media player
gnm cant really play anything
datle sort of ripped off their own product
lol

metroplex2k7
July 4th, 2007, 23:03
I had the 4Gb Max Media Player, it was the biggest mistake I have ever made. Games ran slow due to the DS having to read it off the hard drive. Movies studdered and went out of sync often.

From what I have read from people with the Datel G & M, its not too much better if not worse.

If you want Movies and music to run great, get the Max Media Dock (not player), you will have to buy a CF with good speed (not SanDisk Ultra 2), screws up for some reason.

As for games, the MMD will run Snes, Nes, Genesis, and some GB color. But as for NDS games, you will need to patch them, which only works on about 35% of the games out there. Hardly any newer games.

From the research I have been doing, if you want something that will play movies, music, emulators, and almost 100% nds game compatibility, you will have to go with either the M3 or R4.

I'm planning on getting one of them, just can't decide which is better, as you can see from one of my threads.