PDA

View Full Version : Suggest some old games to port/remake.

Bytrix
February 7th, 2007, 10:43
I'm currently working on a game which is going to take me another 6 months to finish but I'm also working on a number of smaller ideas for games based on games I have played in the past.

The first of these is a combination of the Atari (and other systems) game River Raid, and the Sega game After Burner. I'm going to release this for the PXP contest.

I've also started on an updated version of Nomad (which I had on my old spectrum). This is a much easier project than the first two though.

Now I'm just wondering if anyone has any suggestions of games they like from old systems and consoles that they would like to see on PSP. I'm not talking about straight ports, rather updated versions (maybe using some 3D elements) to keep the gameplay but update the way they look..

I look forward to seeing what suggestions you have :-P

Method Man
February 7th, 2007, 12:33
i would like to see a working Q2 or a Q3 port, would be very nice

yaustar
February 7th, 2007, 12:45
H.E.R.O for the Atari 2600 was a fond favourite.

Baboon
February 7th, 2007, 13:44
A complete and finished port of Duke Nukem would be nice. :) ...although the one we got already plays very well, its quite buggy and the load/save state does not work. :(

Method Man
February 7th, 2007, 14:47
A complete and finished port of Duke Nukem would be nice. :) ...although the one we got already plays very well, its quite buggy and the load/save state does not work. :(

and the quake2port is supporting only the demo!

wanna Q3, I m a big Quake fan, Quake2 was the first shooter i ever played, Quake3 the first i had fullversion

HAMMIEZ
February 7th, 2007, 17:21
a remake of an old oddworld game (eg. Abes Exoddus) using the same sprites but a new game (becos we can emulate it in 3.10 oe-a' anyway)

MicroNut
February 7th, 2007, 19:14
Archon (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Archon_(computer_game)) deserves a remake.

Shrygue
February 7th, 2007, 19:39
I say the Sega Saturn title Nights into Dreams should be ported or remade for PSP. That would be absolute ace!

sakarin
October 2nd, 2007, 20:13
loderunner would be really nice. version 2 of course

1 looks too old 3 was 3d and in my opinion had almost nothing in common with the series

2 was perfect
besides the levels were widescreen and psp button config is perfect for it. also lot's of ppl don't even know what it is..

dark heart
October 3rd, 2007, 01:06
blood, one of the best build games.
btw, bytrix where the hell have you been? I've tried to email you and your not on msn.
i can compile maps now, and loads more.

JKKDARK
October 3rd, 2007, 01:22
Sonic Shuffle

Up to 8 players via Wi-Fi :cool:

[hamster]
October 4th, 2007, 16:59
How about M.U.L.E.?
That was one of my favorites on the C=64. Wifi support for multiplayer would be great!

Sonicboy 101
October 4th, 2007, 17:04
A Sonic Adventure kind of game with 2P adhoc.
That would be awesome!

fenrir911
October 5th, 2007, 00:09
shadow warrior, duke nukem, blood, all run on the same engine... strife would make a great port... if not how bout elder scrolls: arena..

Tyrrell
October 5th, 2007, 08:25
I agree with MicroNut, Archon was a kick arse game back in it's day.

Would also love to see something like Eye of the Beholder, Zeliard or Star Control.

sakarin
October 9th, 2007, 13:30
how about someone take the already ported q2 engine and make heretic2?

don't know if you ever played it online but the 1on1 fights with the spear were and still are one of the best multiplayer fighting games, kinda like jedyk2 sabre fights

and it would play great on the psp

larz258
December 18th, 2008, 01:46
If you could get Kirby, The Crystal Shards to work, as it isn't working on Daedalus X64 Beta 1, that would be cool. Also are you still working the guitar tab homebrew you mentioned on this thread.

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=46464

I would love to see a completed version of it.

that1guywiththeface
December 19th, 2008, 20:42
Fallout, Fallout 2, Metoid 2: Return of Samus, Snatcher, any of the N64 Bomberman games, Donkey Kong 64........

HALF-LIFE!!!!!!!!