PDA

View Full Version : Is the M3 DS Simple right for me ?

Gottaa
February 7th, 2007, 12:32
I've spent the last few days on and off reading here and other places about DS homebrew bits and think I've settled on the right thing for me, the M3 DS Simple.

Things I want to do with it, in no real order:
* MP3's
* Run existing homebrew (my diary on the DS would be nice)
* Create/mess around with making my own homebrew

I guess the last past is the most important for me, kinda a little project to get me back into C as I've been focusing on VB.NET for a fair while now.

And I'm looking at a M3 DS simple with a 1GB Micro SD card as a simple and fairly cheap slot 1 solution.

Am I on the right track or do I need to rethink things ?

Thanks in advance.

gohan2091
February 12th, 2007, 03:24
I can't help you on the last point but for MP3's and homebrew (e.g Moonshell and DSOrganise), the M3 Simply handles these very well.

I have not encountered a problem as of yet. My MP3's don't skip, neither do video files. I have a 2GB MicroSD from Sandisk.

darkhelmet
May 28th, 2007, 03:21
M3 has excellent homebrew support, and can play mp3s and converted movies right out-of-the-box, and for the last part, I'm not sure if you can do that on DS. For making homebrew apps, there is a thread on that somewhere (I don't know where or how to use it, I'm not a coder).

s5aif
July 10th, 2007, 22:05
www.clickshop.com has it for £21.99 and another r4 ds card. Check it out, i think it is a good price after looking around.