PDA

View Full Version : Shock cases beware!

poptart574
February 7th, 2007, 15:00
There are some manufacturing flaws with these cases.The holes for the screws are very small to begin with and you could end up stripping your small screws just trying to get them in.I found that by using tri wing screws instead of the phillips one,you can giude them in very easily.

The case itself is not properly molded to fit the shoulder buttons as they should be.The astro yellow case that I bought has a defect in which makes the left shoulder button stick severely.

It is also a must that you use tri wing screws to secure the LED illuminator piece that holds the right side of your top and bottom screens together.You know! the hinge that breaks off on some DS Lites.The longer the screw the better.Like I said before,the holes to where the screws go are sometimes molded shut or are to small,so you will need to add some pressure.Thats when the tri wing design comes into effect.No slippage.

Finally,because of the grade of the plastic used.I think its either polycarbonate or styrene,not really sure though.As I was saying,the pressure that is put on the right hand side hinge is sometimes to great for the Shock case to bear,causing that part of your DS to snap in that area.The problem doesnt look as bad as it sounds because your two halves still stay in place but you can see the breakage.Another inconvenience is that now your top screen will not hold at an angle as tight when opened and will slam closed if not positioned properly.

Hope that helps you guys if you ever want to try these cases.Believe me,they are worth it if you imported your DS Lite from hong kong and there is no way to replace it if your right side hinge completely snaps off.

poptart574
January 5th, 2008, 08:39
beware of some of the hong kong knock off's also. Some of them don't even fit properly