PDA

View Full Version : topmenu_plugin.rco

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 7th, 2007, 20:59
i updated to 3.10 OE-A and as a lot of u know, the custom topmenu_plugin.rco's dont work right. how do i get mine to work, do i have to make a new one with something else? im using tops theme pack

splodger15
February 7th, 2007, 21:02
Custom plugins do not work yet

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 7th, 2007, 21:04
its not a plugin, its in the flash. but if thats what u mean then oh.

scottyboynow
February 7th, 2007, 22:01
Nothing works with 3.10 yet, I bet that sony patched it all up.

gunntims0103
February 7th, 2007, 22:25
Please don't double post^

Anyway, even if Sony patched it, the patch would be "null" for the simple fact that 3.10 has been decrypted. Also 3.10OE-A runs with code from 1.5 which means that it some time in the future tomenu_plugin.rco support will most likely be added.

Im sure Dark_Alex will take care of this very soon.......

Cloudhunter
February 8th, 2007, 00:23
Custom plugins do not work yet

Not strictly true my friend, most plugins designed for 3.03OE-C work, and even some that didn't use to work on 3.03OE-B work on it, due to the changes in the HEN core.

As for cintro not working, there will be a new release soon ;) thanks to the new autoboot plugin.

The only similarity that topmenu_plugin.rco has to the custom plugins, is that they share the name plugins. In reality they are totally different.

Nothing works with 3.10 yet, I bet that sony patched it all up.

It seems that way, but really they just changed the menu format, and added more icons.

In fact, most things work in 3.10OE-A' , I for one have had no problems. I can live without icons.

Im sure Dark_Alex will take care of this very soon.......

Really, this isn't Dark_AleX's problem, as he didn't make the hack work in the first place... So I don't think he will do anything about it.

Cloudy

gunntims0103
February 8th, 2007, 00:50
Really, this isn't Dark_AleX's problem, as he didn't make the hack work in the first place... So I don't think he will do anything about it.

Cloudy

Ahh... then i must have been mistaken since i thought Dark_Alex was the one who left out the binary's open to dev's as to make it easy for them to mess with the flash and such. I just thought since topmenu_plugin.rco didnt work, I thought DAX was the one that would change the CF to allow flash customizations..........

I guess its up to the dev's that work on such applications such as x-flash and C-intro to figure this problem out........

jak66
February 8th, 2007, 09:13
unless DAX hacks it so 3.10 will load the modded 2.50 topmenu without crashing, we have to wait till the 3.10 topmenu gets fully decripted (if i understand right we used a 2.50 topmenu for 3.0X OE because higher topmenus didnt fully decript or something)

Reguardless, there is still quite a lot that can actually be modded, i made a list HERE (http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=52083) (very pointless if you dont know how to use a hex-editor though)

froggie22
February 8th, 2007, 11:29
I guess its up to the dev's that work on such applications such as x-flash and C-intro to figure this problem out........

speaking about X-flash why hasnt it been updated latly?? it hasnt even been updated to 3.03 OE-C yet and it still has 3.10 OE-A and 3.10 OE-A'..... maybe he is working on some major mods for it

weirdelf
February 8th, 2007, 11:35
speaking about X-flash why hasnt it been updated latly?? it hasnt even been updated to 3.03 OE-C yet and it still has 3.10 OE-A and 3.10 OE-A'..... maybe he is working on some major mods for it

There is no point for the oe firmwares as you can access Flash 0 and 1 through recovery mode

jak66
February 8th, 2007, 11:58

quote from official x-flash forums

Hi Guys,
As you know if you've been keeping up, I've started a job that requires
long hours, and my full attention, so X-Flash updates have had to happen
in small strides. Next objective is to swap individual icons

AvengedSevenfold Fan
February 9th, 2007, 02:01
ok cool