PDA

View Full Version : Where is Strmnnrmn!!!!! "N64 Coder"

On The Rise
February 7th, 2007, 23:57
I think this topic needs to be addressed because he has not given us a update since September. Myself and alot of people believed that he could get this emu to be very successful and he was getting there. Did he give up or did he take a break? I understand that coding takes alot of long hours and long hard work and I do understand that people due have lives, but why has he not said anything about taking a break or quitting. Another thing is I believe is that the source code out there to download and why hasnt anyone given it a shot. Say, hell why not dark alex? We would all like to see a pretty good n64 emu to the psp now that we have sony's psx emu. So whats the deal?

Wally
February 8th, 2007, 00:10
I know it sucks.

I have tried looking into daedalus but its an irreversable headache as many coders would say. Its over engineered and hard to trace where stuff goes and where stuff comes.

I think strmnnrmn needed a big time break and then he probably completely forgot about this emulator and can't be bothered getting back into it.

I will keep trying with other publishers to see what we can come up with. I would love N64 on the PSP too as you can fit so many roms with very little space.

I will be in touch with you all if something comes up.

mikebeaver
February 8th, 2007, 00:24
Wally: thanks for the update , it snice to hear that you are still on the case and trying to get hold of strmnnrmn, I really hope he hasnt given up on this emu, as it is so accomplished already it would be a shame for it to be left unfinnished.
Keep up the good work with "spiff up"c and i look forward to any news you have, laters ...MikeBeaver

Wally
February 8th, 2007, 00:32
Mikebeaver: we can only hope.

Im trying to see if another coder could take over the project or start a new emulator.
If someone could help me on this search that would be great!

Apoklepz
February 8th, 2007, 00:34
I asked myself the same question when Popstation came along....The thought of Near perfect emulation of N64 just seems all too real now. It's great that some people still care about this...

It sure is GREAT to hear from you again, Wally!
My kindest regards to you on the journey that will make all this possible!

xg917
February 8th, 2007, 00:42
or maybe port a n64 emulator to psp somehow??

pibs
February 8th, 2007, 01:05
or maybe port a n64 emulator to psp somehow??
http://www.zophar.net/n64.html
I think they all open source.

Torak
February 8th, 2007, 01:08
Yea I like PS1 games but... My favorite system is n64... Plus I would probebly break down and cry at the joy of playing Majora's Mask and OOT on my PSP.

Oh and Conker... and Super Smash Bros...

xg917
February 8th, 2007, 01:09
project 64 is best n64 emulator, next to 1964 which is second best =]

Torak
February 8th, 2007, 01:11
project 64 is best n64 emulator, next to 1964 which is second best =]

Yea I think so too.

xg917
February 8th, 2007, 01:13
I... HAVE A DREAM... THAT ALL PSPS... WILL PLAY N64 AT FULL SPEED... LOL. it will happen... i just know it will happen one day..

Wally
February 8th, 2007, 01:27
SHUSH you!.

Everyone help me search for a new coder!

xg917
February 8th, 2007, 01:29
ok, well where can we start looking besides here?

joshisposer
February 8th, 2007, 01:33
I'm thinking someone on the noobz team maybe. You should put up a post on all dcemu pages asking for people.

xg917
February 8th, 2007, 01:40
we should spread to every site. here, qj, psp-hacks, max console.

Wally
February 8th, 2007, 02:05
Nobody on the n00bz team would dare..

QJ wouldnt care...

Its better to chat to these people live via IRC or so, check out channels such as #n64dev.

turtleguy101
February 8th, 2007, 04:39
to lazy to go back and hit the quote button, but that guy on page 1 had a good idea. porting a pc emulator to the psp might work? It seems prety practical, i mean the psp basicially is a computer and all right? o well sounds like a great idea instead of starting an emulator from the ground up! good luck with whatever ile try to advertise around on my "other" psp sites...

joshisposer
February 8th, 2007, 04:41
Why don't you make a thread announcing CODERS WANTED or something? That would probably get some attention. Then again, you could just put a thread title as NAKED CHICKS. Hey, title has tit in it. hehehe

ExcruciationX
February 8th, 2007, 04:46
It would be VERY hard to make a port of something work on the PSP fullspeed.

The processer of the PSP is different then one in your computer. That's why we have fullspeed N64 and PS1 emulators on Xbox, because it had an intel processer.

The only coder I know of that is bright enough to do one is Exophase, but he is probably very busy.

Wally
February 8th, 2007, 05:23
Already asked him..

Doesn't know enough about the N64 , im guessing hes being lazy *hehe* :P

Nah he is very busy, he has recommended someone to me. I wont mention his name yet.

I am quite happy to keep working on spiff up but i need someone to make compatibility right

Shadowblind
February 8th, 2007, 05:26
Yeah, I opened a thread asking what happend to him, as well as the NDS team. I have also suggested Dark_Alex make(at least try) to make a N64 Emu. But you gotta know, coding pretty much anything is a pain. Im sure Dark_alex will get word of this soon and say something about it. :) He is probably overworked as it is with the whole custom firmwares, I can understand his turning down of the offer.

Why not ask the people who made Project64? Or the other N64 emus for that matter?

the_eternal_dark
February 8th, 2007, 08:38
Why not ask the people who made Project64? Or the other N64 emus for that matter?

Very doubtful that any of those coders would want to take on the task of coding for the PSP, maintaining and updating the PC emulator, working on other projects, and just simply working at their jobs.

S34MU5
February 8th, 2007, 11:48
QJ did it

gdf
February 8th, 2007, 13:29
i'm not sure dark_alex can code emus as well as he can custom fws. i was thinking that a bunch of people could team up and work on it, sharing the job would make it a damn sight easier, but then again not always practical.

HomerSp
February 8th, 2007, 13:35
The only problem with porting an n64 emu's is that they're usually dependant on plugins to work at all..

gr42178
February 8th, 2007, 14:22
I was curious about this myself. N64 is the only thing left that we dont have on PSP...well technically we do have it but with no sound and half speed....

P.S. I agree that exophase would be the best, I mean look at what he did for the GBA, but hes probably too busy, and disgusted with all the idiots stealing his good work...

gdf
February 8th, 2007, 14:37
i think all the gay hassle was the reason strmnnrmn left

xg917
February 8th, 2007, 20:28
QJ did it

qj did wut? and porting is actually hard but it is one of the few choices to actually get a good running n64 coder.
you think that we can make donations to strmnnrmn to get him back in the game....? he went so far in his project, and daedalus R9 was almost finished too..

also. dark alex can be an option but i think he might turn it down.... he was the one that coded popstation though, right?

gr42178
February 8th, 2007, 20:33
qj did wut? and porting is actually hard but it is one of the few choices to actually get a good running n64 coder.
you think that we can make donations to strmnnrmn to get him back in the game....? he went so far in his project, and daedalus R9 was almost finished too..

also. dark alex can be an option but i think he might turn it down.... he was the one that coded popstation though, right?

Dark Alex didnt code Popstation, Sony did, he just unlocked the use of it.

mesosade
February 8th, 2007, 20:38
tbh everyone ports are bloody useless they're alooooong process and loads of them are either bad or discontinued. Has any decent coders actually thought about carrying on monkey 64's work??? it was made FOR the psp. what i'm saying is do a what gpsp did for gba!

gr42178
February 8th, 2007, 20:47
tbh everyone ports are bloody useless they're alooooong process and loads of them are either bad or discontinued. Has any decent coders actually thought about carrying on monkey 64's work??? it was made FOR the psp. what i'm saying is do a what gpsp did for gba!

Agreed, a N64 emu made from scratch for the PSP, not a port, would probably be full speed with sound just like the GBA emulator.

xg917
February 8th, 2007, 20:55
well who can start a new emulator?......

gdf
February 8th, 2007, 21:38
a dream team of exophase, the dude that made monkey 64 (PSmonkey?), yoyofr, zx-81 (i think he's left) anonymous coder and er...zion? can zion code emus, i'm not sure. anyway this will never happen, they're all busy, y'know, with stuff. (which sucks, i wish coders were robots that could process millions of lines of code and didn't have the intrusive business that we all call life!) anyway, any bunch of skilled, hard working coders could surely pull this off.

xg917
February 8th, 2007, 21:51
yea. or a program on the computer that knows the codes to n64 and psp, and then the program can convert the n64 codes into an eboot format for the psp, then we can play it! now immagine if that could work for every system.... it will never happen tho

lions3231
February 8th, 2007, 21:52
HELLO

look at my sig lol

been like this for ages lol

dnt realise it was needed so much me and my nerd gang are still working on it it is our school project.

we are testing most with super smash as its like our only rom.

maybe finished by autumn* but we dunno

let me tell you strmmmmn is a dam gd coder so u shud lay off him.

we all have to snap back to reality some time i guess................

just wait tho i am sure we can get our project done at the mo it is running a gd 10fps faster!!!

but only in certain places on the rom.:(

well it shall be done!:) :D :thumbup:

gdf
February 8th, 2007, 21:54
it's cos you're never on we don't see it. i sent you a pm about 2 minutes ago!

xg917
February 8th, 2007, 22:17
niccceee man. y didnt u post about it.. i think that iff u can get super smash bros working fully, anything is possible!!

mavsman4457
February 9th, 2007, 00:46
I don't buy that crap for a second. No self-respecting coder talks with all those smilies and grammatical mistakes. I will eat my shorts if I am wrong but as of right now I don't buy it one bit. All this talk about coders has made me remember the coders that were doing the PS1 emulators. I think there were three but I know there were at least two. I hope they still release their emulators even though there won't be as much hype.

Edit: After further review of lions' posts, my initial reaction to his claim of having an emulator is vailified. There is not a chance that he knows how to code anything, let alone a fullspeed N64 emulator and if he did he wouldn't make an announcement of its existence right now if he planned on releasing it sometime in the fall. He just wants attention, don't give it to him.

Edit 2: Well not to worry because Strmnnrmn just posted a new thing on his blog and it is very good news. Check the news forum here for more info. It sounds promising.

gunntims0103
February 9th, 2007, 01:23
strnrm is back, so in short he is alive and well. Im awaiting a update. :)

lions3231 if you want to get users to believe your clams then you should show maybe a source or even a change log. Don't just say random things about how you've been developing a n64 emulator with no proof.

Non-the-less this topic is now

-LOCKED-