PDA

View Full Version : GameCube on PSP!

Ocean19
February 8th, 2007, 01:39
Hello all.
I know that you are all probably thinking I'm on crack right now, however, a member of the BlazeByte forums (by the name of ObiWan22) has announced that he has been able to get GameCube streamed to his PSP using the Location Free Player and the WaveBird controller. It might be fake, but I doubt it.

I'm really not even sure if this is the right section to put this or not, but seeing as he really didn't "Develop" this, I guess it would be under Emulation.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=koOSjTEG8Mk.

Also, here is the post he made on the BlazeByte forums (http://blazebyte.myfreeforum.org/ftopic1362-0-asc-15.php).

As you can see, the WiFi light seems to be blinking (due to streaming?).

By the way, another member on our forums by the name of SnookeMX has been able to get it to work also with his XBOX360. Seems like it might be able to work with a bunch of modern consoles.

Well, again, I'm not too sure if it's fake or not, but it looks real to me. If it is actually real, I think I'm going to by a LF Player.

Anyways, if you have any questions, you can send him a PM on the forums or something, or maybe even me and I may ask him. My name on the BlazeByte forums is Ocean19 (Admin) also.

**Note: I should not get any credit for this. I am only announcing it. All credit goes to ObiWan22 of the BlazeByte forums. Thanks.**

Enjoy all, and I hope it's real! :)

SpooForBrains
February 8th, 2007, 01:44
Yes, theoretically I can see how this would work, but the lag would be HORRIBLE. The picture needs to be encoded, then sent out over wifi to the PSP, then decoded and displayed. I've never used Location Free, so I don't know how laggy it is, but I'm guessing at least five seconds. Could YOU play a game like that, because I know I couldn't.

ETA: Okay, I just watched the video, and you can actually see the (approximately) three second lag between him pressing the control and the action being displayed on the PSP. Hardly practical.

xg917
February 8th, 2007, 01:45
already mentioned, and its old

pibs
February 8th, 2007, 01:47
why is he in the dark? kinda looks like a streaming video or something......

xg917
February 8th, 2007, 01:49
iono, i didnt kno u can stream stuff on psp. wen r we gona be able to use youtube on psp??? lol

Ocean19
February 8th, 2007, 01:51
already mentioned, and its old
Really, sorry about that then guys. To be honest, this was my first time hearing about this, and I wanted everyone here to hear about this also. Well, if it's old, I apologize. :o

keefurxxcore
February 8th, 2007, 02:10
i never heard about it! even if it may be streaming video i think ocean19 should get kudos for announcing it! i thought it was cool kudos ocean19!

joshisposer
February 8th, 2007, 04:43
The original thread got closed for people think he *implied* an emulator. This will be cool if it isn't just Location Free Player that can stream the video.

Wally
February 8th, 2007, 05:01
*shot* as requested by PSPdemon

NEVER