PDA

View Full Version : Japanese DC Controller problem

Andeh
April 15th, 2005, 01:22
Hi,
I reciently bought a Japanese DC controller, and when using it on my PAL DC I have noticed that the analogue seems to be off to the left slightly by default. My friend also has a Japanese controller and experiences the exact same problem. Is there a reason why they are like that and is there a way to possibly tweak the analogue somehow so its centered?

kgenthe
April 15th, 2005, 13:46
wherever the analogue stick is when you power it on is where the Dreamcast considers centered (99% sure). So it seems odd that both your controllers are doing the same thing...

Andeh
April 15th, 2005, 16:20
i think its something that all Japanese controllers do, surely someone else must have noticed this too and can shed some light on wtf is going on

Andeh
April 15th, 2005, 19:42
well its seems i have found a "workaround" for this problem

I've swapped the insides of a european controller with the japanese controller which has worked pretty well. ill take the european controller to my local game store and sell it.
Then I guess i'll just buy another european controller off ebay or something

ptr.exe
April 15th, 2005, 20:57
Thats weird, it must just be with PAL machines as JAP controllers work fine with NTSC machines, a permenant (sp?) fix would be to slighty move the magnetic pad on the back of the analogue stick but that would be difficult to get perfect, easier to just swap insides like you said.

Out of curiosity what colour was it?

Andeh
April 15th, 2005, 22:04
the jap controller? just the default grey color, my mates is transparent red

ptr.exe
April 17th, 2005, 15:49
again just out of curiousity...

why bother getting a JAP controller if its only the standard grey? i was gonna get one of those clear black ones off eBay but it went for £17 and im not that bothered.

Andeh
April 17th, 2005, 19:38
well the color doesnt really matter to me, i just like the red dreamcast logo alot more than the european blue logo, so I though getting a japanese pad would suit me better. Never knew about the analogue problem, I thought my mates pad was just a one off thing.