PDA

View Full Version : Daedalus Spiff Up

Wally
February 9th, 2007, 00:59
Due to StrmnNrmn jumping back into the scene,

I hereby announce that I will be continuing my work with Daedalus Spiff Up (That is, if there are still GFX issues) and hopefully with some sort of partnership with StrmnNrmn.

Getting the games GFX right is a priority to me, I am willing to donate time and money into this project (including buying N64 games to make sure games GFX are exactly the same for super gaming experience)

Its been a shock to me, and I am at work, glued to my seat, eagerly waiting for lunch so i can go to the Pawn Brokers to pick up some more N64 carts for testing.

Cheers

Wally

P.S Also will be doing a compat list

Video_freak
February 9th, 2007, 01:14
That' awesome news Wally. :)

pibs
February 9th, 2007, 01:16
Cool! Gooooo Wally! you buying the games to test on a real N64 or on your emulator? maybe you can set up a donation drive and users here can do their part?

Man
February 9th, 2007, 01:17
WHHHOOOOO YESSS YOU JUST MADE MY DAY !!!! keep up the good work.

PSP 101
February 9th, 2007, 01:19
Nice Wally!

Wally
February 9th, 2007, 01:20
Test on a real N64 and compare the GFX. So if i decide to lose in a game of S.C.A.R.S it is because I am testing GFX :P

I have about 14 games currently, the zelda games are probably a concern, I will get in touch with strmnnrmn and check the stuff

BTW I dont want your money, that would be dishonourable as StrmnNrmn is the main coder and he should be taking any donations not me. I am also a collector so I have to get these games too

pibs
February 9th, 2007, 01:29
Test on a real N64 and compare the GFX. So if i decide to lose in a game of S.C.A.R.S it is because I am testing GFX :P

I have about 14 games currently, the zelda games are probably a concern, I will get in touch with strmnnrmn and check the stuff

BTW I dont want your money, that would be dishonourable as StrmnNrmn is the main coder and he should be taking any donations not me. I am also a collector so I have to get these games too

oh okay, hey this might sound noobish but ill ask anyways:D is it possible to check the code on the wii to see how the virtual console is running the n64 games or is there no emulator involved in the wii?

BrooksyX
February 9th, 2007, 01:41
Good to hear. I am so glad that N64 on psp is starting to heat up again. Hopefully we will get Mario 64 with very playable speeds and sound by the end of the month.

On The Rise
February 9th, 2007, 01:41
oh okay, hey this might sound noobish but ill ask anyways:D is it possible to check the code on the wii to see how the virtual console is running the n64 games or is there no emulator involved in the wii?

probably not I dont see how you can check although they did release a modchip for backup games.

Veskgar
February 9th, 2007, 01:42
This is encouraging news. Whenever a coder comes back to continue work it is very exciting.

the_eternal_dark
February 9th, 2007, 02:27
I think I'll die happy now.

This is awesome news wally.

pkmaximum
February 9th, 2007, 02:44
Wow and just when I thought the PSP homebrew scene was dieing down, NJ and Strmmmn just randomely come back with the greatest news in the world.

I really wish you luck to your work, and thank you Wally =]

factor remix
February 9th, 2007, 03:49
I just thought that the daedalus was dead, but you wally came here... I am very happy!!!

I CANT WAIT TO PLAY WITH THIS FANTASTC EMULATOR :)

Wally
February 9th, 2007, 03:58
before anyone else reads this, if not already done

Visit - http://strmnNrmn.blogspot.com

There might not be a need for a spiff up yet, who knows.. Im not too sure

pkmaximum
February 9th, 2007, 04:10
Well even if their is no need for a spiff up, I'm sure you can still find a way to Help Strmmmmn out. I really hope the sound quality is not complete shit lol =P

Shadowblind
February 9th, 2007, 04:16
Wow...and to think, the last update before this was Sept. '06.

Think that our bringing back up the subject might've done anything to help? :)

michel11
February 9th, 2007, 04:26
Grandioso Crei Que Se Habia Abandonado El Proyecto.

factor remix
February 9th, 2007, 04:33
pues no, uno tiene q tener fe, si o no tio?

kasi me muero :)

joshisposer
February 9th, 2007, 04:56
SOUND AND EVERYTHING! OMGZ, this is going to be awesome. Thank you whoever is in charge (anywhere, earth, etc). I can't wait for sound and even FASTER SPEED!

ShadowBlind, you're probably right, lol! He probably saw it and was like $hit. I would laugh if he posted just random stuff to make us be quiet and then rerelease the first daedulus.

He wouldn't do that but i can't wait!!!

Briggzy11
February 9th, 2007, 05:23
Well Wally im up for testing the games and passing on the mux's like the old times :)

Broadus
February 9th, 2007, 07:49
Nobody needs a donation drive. N64 games are extremely cheap. Even the best N64 games cost little to nothing. Perfect Dark for three dollars? I've bought it for that price at EB Games. There's no appreciation for good N64 games. Good. That makes them cheaper.
Why not just play the N64 games on an emulator on the PC? You're apparently legally allowed to own a ROM of a cartridge you don't own for 24 hours, which is more than enough time to see the difference between the clean-looking ROM on the PC and the purple-and-black-squares ROM on the PSP.

And you should take a gander at Starcraft 64. That game doesn't work at all. It'd be sooo sweet if you got THAT working.

Mc_Logical
February 9th, 2007, 08:51
cool its been awhile since a n64 emulator release i hope the next one runs faster id like to see 007 goldeneye compatable and running full speed that would be cool on psp just imagine a multi wifi player support? it wont happen but it would be cool especially those throwing mines lol :p

ps1 emulator full speed yep, n64 emulator full speed i hope so because ps1, n64 and psp games on a psp would be cool together on a lil hand held gadget.

ALF
February 9th, 2007, 08:51
WOOT WELCOME BACK WALLY!!!

Looks like 07 Is going to be better that I expected...

gr42178
February 9th, 2007, 14:38
Awesome news, this is the best news since Pops.

aries2k4
February 9th, 2007, 15:03
Great news to here you guys are back. I thought this emu was dead in the water. Canīt wait to try an update. Sound support, awesome. I had been holding off playing Mario64 until sound was added. lokks like I might get my wish.

Mr.Denny
February 9th, 2007, 15:11
Excellent!

Keep up the great work Wally, it's always appreciated even if we don't always say it. :)

darthhaze420
February 9th, 2007, 16:41
i cant wait i would enjoy n64 on my psp way more than psx

sroon
February 9th, 2007, 19:24
Ata boyb Wally:)
cant wait to work ont he cumpatibility list with you:P

( O ) ( O )