PDA

View Full Version : MGS:P-Ops HACKING!!!!!!

Apoklepz
February 9th, 2007, 07:36
Well, I've been playing Online very much lately and I was amazed at the sight of a couple of carachters that are not unlockable by just playing the game...That's right, it appears some people have been hacking the skin files in MGS P-Ops, for some time already. Not only that, but they've found a way to give their carachters perfect "S" rank skill attributes.

Since there hasn't been a homebrew app out yet that helps make these modifications to your MGS game, my best bet is people have been playing around with the UMD dump files...and since that's illegal, I will say no more of that matter.

I still haven't found the way to pull off either of the above modificatons on my own, but by conducting a quick web search I came across a SAVEDATA for the US version that left me speechless... and since I like you guys a lot, I'm gonna share my findings.

The most amazing thing in it, besides the bevy of carachters you'll have available from start up, is that there's Three SNAKE carachters (One Original from game & two Naked Snake from MGS3) and two (Young)ROY carachters, and almost all other known unlockable characters like the "Exclusives" GENE and PARAMEDIC are there as well....Almost forgot, the CAMO Exclusives that are only gained through online battles are there as well.

I will do more research on this...but for the time being...Some Metal Gear Solid Humor, courtesy of me.

Enjoy!

Napalm-Death
February 10th, 2007, 02:34
Doesn't CWCheat allow you to S rank your characters? And, this is great for people like me! Thanks xD

Gizmo356
February 10th, 2007, 02:36
Mwahahah, starts dumping iso and downloads magic Iso mwahahah lol apoklepz I'll meet you online:D

Apoklepz
February 15th, 2007, 17:18
Ok, guys....I should be getting a tutorial very soon on how to SKIN HACK to game. I probably won't put it up here, since it tackles illegaly hacking the iso image's internal files...but I can promise you I will post a SAVESTATE with all my custom characters when I'm done.

First off I plan to make NULL into GREY FOX.

If somebody knows how to go around changing the Ranks with CWCheat, like Napalm-Death said...THIS IS THE PLACE TO POST IT!!!!

BTW, MODS...Why is this in the PS3 Gaming & Hardware Forum all of the sudden??? I sure didn't start this here. Can somebody please move it to the PSP Gaming, Hardware and Discussion Forum, please?

Thank you

Gizmo356
February 15th, 2007, 17:33
That would be really hard to do because you need to search for the rank values and it takes long to rank up:( so it would e hard to do a fuzzy search:(

Apoklepz
February 20th, 2007, 15:39
OK people...It's now time to start getting your HACKS on, thanks to the Cheat Archives provided in this site:

http://www.onehitgamer.com/index.php?categoryid=7

These Hacks all work with the latest revision of CWCheat and the Cheat database editor found here in the forums:

http://www.dcemu.co.uk/vbulletin/showthread.php?t=53314&highlight=CWcheat

This little app will automatically install CWcheat on your PSP, and will provide you editing the desired Hacks/Cheats in the database file.

A word of advise, though. Do not use these hacks online...Nobody is gonna like you, and you might get Banned from ever playing MGS P-Ops Online ever again.

These hacks I've provided are for your own 1 Player Story mode amusement.

Enjoy

Cloudhunter
February 20th, 2007, 16:36
Even if you change the characters in YOUR ISO, the other people won't see it... My guess is they used the wifi thing to get more characters, it is possible to hack the characters into the game without actually going to Japan.

Cloudy

Apoklepz
February 20th, 2007, 18:29
Yes, There's a total of 51 Official Skins within the game. They can all be accessed now thanks to CWcheat. Two of these are exclusively obtained by hacking: Naked Snake (which you only use briefly at the beggining) and Young Roy Cambell. The Camouflaged Soldiers Ensamble was originally meant as an unlockable exclusive for GPS users in Japan, but Konami did not take them off the US version, thankfully...So these can be accessed via CWcheat hacking, too.

Another thing that can now be done through hacking with CWcheat is to have both Elisa and Ursula in your roster.

But yes, there's always tinkering with the ISO image to create your own custom skins, but that is way more difficult, and because of illegality issues I already said I will not be getting to that.

F9zDark
February 20th, 2007, 19:16
But yes, there's always tinkering with the ISO image to create your own custom skins, but that is way more difficult, and because of illegality issues I already said I will not be getting to that.

Legal issues? What like no ISO talk? Please, the more reasons we are given for making legit backups the more legal it will become around here.

Honestly for a site that bent on emulation where are said roms coming from? Because technically, as far as this site's stance on ISOs is concerned, roms too are illegal and even more so, since we can at least make ISOs. Last I checked my computer didn't have a built in NES and SNES cartidge reader...

And yeah, PS1 ISOs are also legal, so I see no reason whatsoever to still consider PSP UMD ISOs illegal.

Apoklepz
February 20th, 2007, 21:43
I appreciate your point of view, F9zDark...But I'm just following forum rules.

mnuhaily22
March 14th, 2007, 12:03
cooooooooool

Apoklepz
March 14th, 2007, 17:00
OK, since I've gotten a couple of PM's on people interested in this, I've now started work on a NOOB friendly guide on how to achieve every single hack you'd like to imply to your Metal Gear Solid Port Ops gamefile. Wait for it.

In the mean time...Here are the files I've used to acheive Skin Hacking & all other Status related Hacks...But you'll have to be patient and READ, like I did until I finish my guide and post it up...which won't be soon either (I'm way too busy these days).

So make yourself a Sandwich and what ever choice of soft drink you'd like...sit down and get your facts right. I've provided the two applications you'll need along with the tutorials.

For Cwcheats you can only play around with your SLOT 1 character (SNAKE) and SLOT 2 character (Whichever "EXCLUSIVE" you unlock first). This will be improoved on (when my guide comes out) so any other players can be "fondled" with. lol

For CheatMaster you can play around with ANYTHING in the game...but it takes more work than Cwcheats, so do your reading.

As for ISO editing of custom Skins and such....Sorry, this part will not be hosted here. Look it up elsewhere on the web. It is out there.

Good Luck!:thumbup:

Also, I have my European UMD copy on preorder...can't wait to experiment on that one. So yes, a section of the guide will be dedicated to that Specific region UMD, too.

...Oh, before I leave, I gotta give credit and props to Kite t3h H4XX0R for helping me through this in the first place. Thanks Man.:cool:

kickback2
March 15th, 2007, 06:45
ultimate way to hack every aspect of a soldier in mpo. Just copy each code into cwcheat database editor and copy to psp and activate it and away you go. (by the way its in a foreign language so i put it through google translator) (also because its in another language, if you change the name of a character the name will be displayed in the different language on the psp) here the link http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://mpo.sumihiro.biz/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhow%2Bto%2Buse%2Bcwcheat%2Bwith%2Bmpo %26num%3D100%26hl%3Den

Apoklepz
March 15th, 2007, 15:09
^ LOL ^ I googled this up last night and was going to post it here...guess you beat me to it :D ...I'm glad I got you interested in this in the first place.

Anyways, the translated page gave me errors when I first got to it, probably because I was using Internet Explorer...I'm putting up the original link, regardless, just in case people come across these errors as well:

http://mpo.sumihiro.biz/

kickback2
Don't wanna sound like a prick, but ...Now that you got the hacking bit straight, could you please clean up those two useless posts from my thread?

Thank you.

kickback2
March 16th, 2007, 05:51
yeah no problem

kickback2
March 16th, 2007, 05:59
wtf when i used my naked snake character online the skin went back to normal snake. then when i went back to single player naked snake was there again. wtf

Apoklepz
March 16th, 2007, 15:57
Interesting...So, you gave your default SNAKE character a Skin Hack with the Naked Snake Skin, and it's not showing up Online?

I'll have to check this out.

------------------------------------------------ EDITED -------------------------------------------------------

Yeah, I just did a quick check on what you mentioned earlier, and you are right.

This is what I tested:
I skin hacked SNAKE to look like VENUS (lol...no reason really)
I also skin hacked GENE to look like one of the hidden Camou Guys (the white and green one)

Both characters, when Online, reacted as if they hadn't been skin hacked at all.
My guess is that Konami's IT people handling this particular game server have attended the skin hacking issue so they don't show on "Fixed" default characters, (SNAKE/JOHNATHAN/ALL EXCLUSIVES) or maybe they're just hardcoded this way. I'm still getting my ROY CAMPBELL skin hack to show up, though...but this one I edited from a normal recruit.
So in conclusion...if you wanna show off your SKIN hacks Online, make sure you edit regular RECRUITERS and not EXCLUSIVES or DEFAULT characters.

...Just don't go Online with PERFECT "S" Rankings...I know for a fact that Online "locals" hate it, and they'll surely hunt you down in squads. Have a nice day :)

Just the other night this I was getting my ass handed to me in a pitchfork by somebody named COBRA SOLID and somebody named MUTYLUS entered the stage with a very hacked URSULA. The guy actually didn't have any extraordinary playing skill, but with life and Stamina all the way to frikkin heaven, and I wouldn't doubt, probably all "S" ranks too....He was getting his shots in for a while, by totally massacreing both Me and COBRA SOLID, and anyone else who would enter the room.

People would come in the room and leave after getting killed once or twice by this asshole...Mostly headshots too. But COBRA and I where determined to bring him down.
I'll never forget Respawning at a certain point during my medieval ass-whopping and COBRA SOLID actually coming up to me and Saluting me. So from there on we proceeded to grant this bitch a sure Nightmare. At one point COBRA got in close and CQCed the dude to the ground and I put Claymores all over this guys ass! lol. Then later I SNIPPED his face hollow from a roof a couple of times. We would also take turns gunning him, while the other one would come and CQC the dude from behind. He never saw it coming. In the end the bitch left, once again proving that true skill reigns over fake hacking.

So, COBRA SOLID, if you're reading this...Thanks! See you in the field.

To MUTYLUS and all others who dissrespect the code...We will hunt you down, everytime. ;) ***STOP USING CAREER AND "S" RANK HACKS ONLINE***

Tesseract
March 21st, 2007, 19:12
On the subject of ISOs, I've actually ripped ISOs of the UMDs I own for a very simple reason. Playing the ISO off of my memory stick is a bit more battery-friendly than playing off the UMD. It's also much easier to carry around multiple games than hauling about my UMDs.

As for the other MSG:PO unlockables, I believe that the replacement gimmick was that PO can generate a new recruit from using "IP information" (I'm guessing it's more technical than that...) from various wireless access points.

So it seems to me that perhaps it might be feasible to look into the game's code and see if there'd be a way to manipulate your home Wireless Router to send the right info to MGS:PO to make it create uber characters. It harkens back to the days of Monster Rancher, where folks had figured out how to burn a CD just so to make a desired CD-generated beastie.

gr8filibuster
April 16th, 2007, 05:09
ultimate way to hack every aspect of a soldier in mpo. Just copy each code into cwcheat database editor and copy to psp and activate it and away you go. (by the way its in a foreign language so i put it through google translator) (also because its in another language, if you change the name of a character the name will be displayed in the different language on the psp) here the link http://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=ja&u=http://mpo.sumihiro.biz/&sa=X&oi=translate&resnum=1&ct=result&prev=/search%3Fq%3Dhow%2Bto%2Buse%2Bcwcheat%2Bwith%2Bmpo %26num%3D100%26hl%3Den

Hey I've gone about doing this and it is not working. I copied each code into the database editor and activated it. Yet there were no results for me. Any tips?:confused:

The King
April 16th, 2007, 06:58
cccccccccccccccccccccccccccccccooooooooooooooooooo ooooolllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllll ll
this is the best thx man

Apoklepz
April 16th, 2007, 19:01
Hey I've gone about doing this and it is not working. I copied each code into the database editor and activated it. Yet there were no results for me. Any tips?:confused:

Okay. Here's how you do it:

1) Go to the MPOGEN site: http://mpo.sumihiro.biz/

2) Create your character like you'd like to see it come up in the game.

3) Copy the generated text from the box and paste it on either Wordpad, Notepad or your text editor of choice, and save it to either cheat.txt or cheat1.txt(the last is if you already have a cheats database you don't want to interfere with)

4) Now rename the extension of the file to .db and upload it to your memorystick to the cwcheats folder directory:
ms0: seplugins/cwcheat/PUT THE GOD-FORSAKEN FILE HERE

5) Start the UMD or ISO (with the cwcheat plugin Enabled from recovery menu, of course XP)

6) Begin your game and activate your cheats through the CWcheat menu (it comes up when you hold down SELECT button)

Hope this works for you:thumbup:

Gizmo356
April 16th, 2007, 19:39
nICE APOKLEPZ!

gr8filibuster
April 17th, 2007, 05:03
Okay. Here's how you do it:

1) Go to the MPOGEN site: http://mpo.sumihiro.biz/

2) Create your character like you'd like to see it come up in the game.

3) Copy the generated text from the box and paste it on either Wordpad, Notepad or your text editor of choice, and save it to either cheat.txt or cheat1.txt(the last is if you already have a cheats database you don't want to interfere with)

4) Now rename the extension of the file to .db and upload it to your memorystick to the cwcheats folder directory:
ms0: seplugins/cwcheat/PUT THE GOD-FORSAKEN FILE HERE

5) Start the UMD or ISO (with the cwcheat plugin Enabled from recovery menu, of course XP)

6) Begin your game and activate your cheats through the CWcheat menu (it comes up when you hold down SELECT button)

Hope this works for you:thumbup:

:mad: Thx Man for the help. Too bad I tried everything you listed about 8 times and it still never works. After activating the cheat no special character shows up on my roster. Should I move Snake around or something? Should I do this on a new gamesave? Well Imma keep at it and solve this.:o

Apoklepz
April 17th, 2007, 12:49
OH! Silly me!... You can alter/hack SNAKE from game start, but you have to at least be 3 or 4 missions into the game, with a few recruits in your army if you want effects to take on them. Also bear these things in mind;

- Check that the version ID of the UMD or ISO is correct in your cheat database(this is the first entry box in MPOGEN at the top of the character picture), or else it just won't work. There's one for the Japanese(ULJM-05193) game and one for the American one(ULUS-10202). Even though all codes are the same for both versions, having the correct ID on your cheat.db file is essential.

- Second entry box, POS (stands for position of character) if set to 0 will always alter SNAKE only. If set to 1 the cheat effects will take on Johnathan. It doesn't matter if you move your characters around, the game has a specific designated slot for each one of them. This depends on the order you get them in, like for example your first recruit emmediately AFTER Johnathan should be assigned to SLOT 2 POS...and so on.

I really wish this finally helps you get it toghether.

Wassup Gizmo356? Long time.

gr8filibuster
April 18th, 2007, 16:05
LOL, I never checked Johnathon. When I was searching for him I realized he had became a 250HP Roy Campbell!!!!!:D And when I activated the cheat he turned into the doctor I wanted to make. Thanks Apoklepz. I can finally have all the medic slots maxed out like the tech ones. BTW whats your MPO name. Mine are: Mibu K. and Fucc Y0U

Apoklepz
April 19th, 2007, 16:38
ApoK 13 and Javielote, but I haven't played in a while. Anyways, I'm glad you've got it working for your gaming benefit.

~ Funny Story about Skin Hacking the MPO ISO files: There's a rumor around some websites, which I can't disclose here because of their illegal content, that circle around being able to grab character skin files from MGS AC!D 1 and rebuilding an MPO iso by switching some skin files aroud with those from MGS AC!D 1...I can't confirm it apparently works, cuz judging from the screenshots the detail on these skins is not on par with the higher rendered quality ones seen in MPO, so they appear a bit off.~ I just thought I'd share this here in very limited detail, so other ISO hackers might be aware of it...Nothing illegal about saying it.

Decoy_Dude
April 20th, 2007, 18:21
how do you know which person is the next number of pos

Apoklepz
April 30th, 2007, 17:03
I only know the first two. SNAKE is default pos0 and Johnathan is default pos1...from there on the pos correspond to the order in wich you get your recruits, so the first recruit AFTER Johnathan would correspond to pos2 and so on. You just gotta activate cheats as you get the recruits in, that way you won't accidentally hack somebody you didn't mean to, like the "Exclusives" characters...Paramedic, Python, Gene, etc.

BTW, my European UMD just shipped in this weekend and I'm having a blast hacking that one right now. I'll try my best to get the codes for the new Europe exclusive character skins and put them up here.

Decoy_Dude
May 20th, 2007, 22:11
ok i dont get it for saveing the text thing do i copy the whole text even encluding mad by mpgen and ulus10202 and the postion and last question once that is done do i save the thing and name it cheat.txt and then put in memory card and name it cheat.db

Ash-MT
June 12th, 2007, 21:30
I have a slight problem with this, only slot 71 works, I've tried 70 and 72, but nothing happens, i don't want to mess with any other since i don't want to accidentally hack a different person...

Apoklepz
September 19th, 2007, 03:19
MPO-GEN has been slightly updated for some time now...It can now generate codes for the EUR version of the UMD game....Simply switch the ID where it says to.

One thing missing is the code genarating for extra character skins that are not featured in the USA and JAP UMD's, like the soldier with the British Flag for a unifom, and a few others.
I will try to post these codes here as soon as I can.

Can't wait for MPO+ to come out....hope it's hackable with the same codes.

Zarex
September 22nd, 2007, 02:43
so you need a custom firmware to use this? If so, it's GAY!

Apoklepz
September 23rd, 2007, 18:32
so you need a custom firmware to use this? If so, it's GAY!

You mean....it's so GAY you can't do it, right?

Don't worry...We understand.:thumbup:

Great first post, BTW...What a great start you're off to in the forums...gender preference slurs aside and all.... Welcome!!:rolleyes:

souljaboytellem
September 23rd, 2007, 22:02
Get da album October 2nd

Apoklepz
September 28th, 2007, 00:32
UUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu ......

Fat_Toni
September 30th, 2007, 23:58
Hey I was having trouble finding the cheat thing needed to get the character generator to work, wodering of you could poitn me in the right direction ? EU version thanks

that1guywiththeface
October 7th, 2007, 23:52
Allright, I know this is a hacking website, but this is what has killed online mode for MPO(at least for NA). People hack the snot out of their soldiers to the point where not even a direct headshot from all but one weapon can't take them down. It would be one thing if you just made the skins with legit stats and careers, but just making super soldiers and handing them out left and right ruins the game.

To those of you who create these just to see if you can and keep the files to yourself, or those who create troops with legit stats, no offense. But to those of you who use these troops online or hand them out to be used online, YOU ALL SUCK!!!!

The only exceptions are the hacks that have all C's and like 1-10 Hp and stamina. Try and win with those stats. That is skill.

*puts on flame-retardant suit*

Apoklepz
October 8th, 2007, 00:30
Allright, I know this is a hacking website, but this is what has killed online mode for MPO(at least for NA). People hack the snot out of their soldiers to the point where not even a direct headshot from all but one weapon can't take them down. It would be one thing if you just made the skins with legit stats and careers, but just making super soldiers and handing them out left and right ruins the game.

To those of you who create these just to see if you can and keep the files to yourself, or those who create troops with legit stats, no offense. But to those of you who use these troops online or hand them out to be used online, YOU ALL SUCK!!!!

The only exceptions are the hacks that have all C's and like 1-10 Hp and stamina. Try and win with those stats. That is skill.

*puts on flame-retardant suit*

AMEN to that!

I never use my hacks online.

ICE
October 8th, 2007, 00:50
hey sorry to not read any of this but is mgs hacking done in the same manner as socom? i ask because i might want to add some code lists to my site ;)

snakeyyyyyyy
October 23rd, 2007, 02:25
Hey im running firefox and i can't seem to get this (http://mpo.sumihiro.biz/) to work. The character modifier is just a grey box..... please help!

Apoklepz
October 23rd, 2007, 13:23
Yeah...I get the same thing with firefox. It's just one of those things that's encoded specially for IE.

Try IE, it won't hurt will it?

LaLegion
November 10th, 2007, 16:27
Yeah...I get the same thing with firefox. It's just one of those things that's encoded specially for IE.

Try IE, it won't hurt will it?

were the heck is the damn mpogen ?

i cant find it here http://mpo.sumihiro.biz/
i used ie, firefox and browzar

Apoklepz
November 13th, 2007, 00:55
Funny...it's always been there. I think either the author finally removed it...although there's still bits and pieces of the Character generator on that page...but it doesn't work. KONAMI taking action? Somebody pissed at the hacks?....who knows?

Oh well, I guess there's always the option of manually applying the codes from: http://www.onehitgamer.com/codearchive.php?region=ULUS-10202&psp=4

although....these are for the US region UMD....I'm having trouble locating any for use on the EUR version.
Can somebody post a good source?

I hope this helps you and others as well, LaLegion.

lord_duckling
December 9th, 2007, 01:23
Since mpogen has been taken down, doesn anyone have something that could replace it.

Like a backup site or a program that does what mpogen use to do.

Thanks

shinohomaru
December 22nd, 2007, 19:51
hey... i made a fox unit with 9999 hp, 9999 stamina and 999 sns but for some reason when i go online... he has 1 hp...

LaLegion
January 6th, 2008, 13:25
can somebody help me ?

can somebody explain me how can i create paramedic and using this chara in a normal slot and how can i change her skills, hp and stamina ?

@edit ok i got it but still 1 problem if i start ja new game and get the fox suit the game change snake into paramedic o.O and the game getting to freeze after the community tower

how can i chance the slot ?

Apoklepz
January 12th, 2008, 09:44
Since MPOGEN is no more, everybody will have to settle for manual cheat implementation. Just download the files I've provided in the second page of this thread and get ready to read up on how to do it. Should help.

BTW, most hacks are no longer working under network mode since a little after the US release of MGSPO+. Looks like they've finally taken the right measures upon cheaters. Good ridance.

sol-badguy
January 29th, 2008, 05:24
Apoklepz , dude ive read everything you've written , and im wondering if you have a good save with hacks for mpo+ being the modern day metal gear hepler you are. I appreciate what you've done and hope to hear from you in the future!=>

razgriz0509
February 7th, 2008, 00:02
automattically? so i just load up the game and boom its there?

razgriz0509
February 7th, 2008, 00:13
hey having trouble loading the save data. any help would be appreciated very much. thanks

razgriz0509
February 7th, 2008, 00:16
oh its corrupted so thats why i can't load it. is the problem on my end or could it be the file?

Apoklepz
February 21st, 2008, 19:52
I'll be uploading a new Save Data for custom firmware 3.90 M33-2 this weekend....Various custom firmware updates made my data corrupt, too. but I've found a way to get around this.

ADAM505
July 4th, 2008, 14:31
hacks are fun my mpo name is ADAM505 come on the irish !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Shrygue
July 4th, 2008, 20:49
This is old, please do not bump old threads like this -

LOCKAGE