PDA

View Full Version : Supercard SD help!

jamiegibson
February 9th, 2007, 17:22
I got it today, so turned on and got white screens, so SD card slow. I took it out and turned on DS with Superkey and Supercard SD inserted. It says "writeportect lock, please turn off GBA." So i turned off and on again but no difference. Help!

EDIT: Held L+R, came up with test screen thing, all things work except SD/MMC and still can't access the menu!

jamiegibson
February 9th, 2007, 21:24
Please, does someone know what to do?

DanTheManMS
February 9th, 2007, 21:26
No need to bump after only a couple of hours. This is a forum, not a chatroom.

The only thing I can think of is the "writeprotect lock" message. Look on the side of your SD card for a little tab you can move into 2 positions. Move it to whichever position it's NOT in right now and try it again. That tab is the write-protect switch. When it's enabled, you can read from the card but you can't write to it.

jamiegibson
February 9th, 2007, 21:34
This happens when the SD card isn't in. My point is on the SC website it says that the two white screens means you've got a slow card and you've got to change the speed in the SC menu to 4x, but i can't get to it because of the message. Sorry for bumping.

DanTheManMS
February 9th, 2007, 22:13
That FAQ entry is only for the Supercard DS, not SD. You can't set the speed on a slot-2 Supercard like you can with the slot-1 card.

What exactly gives you white screens? Can you load the Supercard menu at all?

Junixx
February 9th, 2007, 22:50
Have you tried using a different SD card yet?

jamiegibson
February 10th, 2007, 00:20
@Dan: Just two White Screens and i can't load the Supercard Menu. The closest is the "Copy Write Lock. Please turn off GBA" and when you hold L+R for the test thing, apart from on that bit, SRAM etc all are Ok except the SD/MMC which is error 001.(i can only get that screen when there's no SD card in)
@CPU: Yes i did, no difference.

jamiegibson
February 10th, 2007, 12:09
Have i had enough hours to bump now? Will i have to send it back (all the way to america?)

arcticmaniac
May 16th, 2007, 03:44
You may need a different SD card. Some might not be compatible with the supercard. It will not boot up without an SD card. Also, put the latest firmware v1.7 on the SD card and make sure the SD card is formatted in FAT NOT FAT32.

http://eng.supercard.cn/soft_sd.htm

eomund
May 16th, 2007, 21:38
make sure the SD card is formatted in FAT NOT FAT32.

+1 on that. If you don't know how to do that you just plug the card into your computer, right click and select 'Format'. You will get a Dialog box that pops up and in one of the selections you will be able to select FAT or FAT32. If it says FAT16 or FAT32 it's FAT16.

If this doesn't work return the SD card and get a different one, preferably a different brand to assure that wasn't the problem before you get too carried away and send the Supercard all the way back.

Out of curiosity, which one do you have exactly?

jonn'athen
June 3rd, 2007, 08:16
did u add the software on the sd card before putting it in the sc?

kalusenkone
June 22nd, 2008, 18:09
when you are getting two white screens, try move supercard just little bit, it will restart and work then. Just noticed it...

Dieu
July 24th, 2008, 06:10
Flashing wont work if you can't get to load the update first, right?

those supercards are usefull but poorly assembled. I had the same problems when i got it this morning. Did the same thigh right out the box.

I looked on the internet for a fix without success. Then i remembered when i was younger, i use to remove the pin that detect floppy as 1.44 or 720k to read all floppy as 1.44. Anyway, sd are not so different in this way. So i tricked the SD to think that all sd will be unlocked. So i just shorted(connected) the first pin of the sd holder (the one that are pushed by the sd plastic pin) to the ground (i think is the ground) of the sd holder and it worked:

http://img154.imageshack.us/img154/52/supercardconnectzr1.jpg

That trick should work with lock tab too.

Hope it help!