PDA

View Full Version : Reggie smacks Wii doubters

wraggster
February 9th, 2007, 16:24
Are you one of those gamers that think Nintendo's Wii is nothing but a short-lived gimmick that will soon be gathering dust faster than a shelf full of UMD movies? Well, Nintendo's chief ass kicker, Reggie Fils-Aime, has hit back at cynical doubters.

In an interview with games journalist and author, Dean Takahashi, when asked whether Wii's novelty would ultimately peter out, Fils-Aime pointed out that DS also attracted its fair share of gloom mongers in the early days. Of course, no one needs reminding of just how hot cake successful the touchy handheld has been since then.

The Nintendo pres also affirmed his faith in developers and their ability to continue creating novel uses for the controller and, when reminded of some critics suggesting that Wii is limited in terms of game play, he said "I wonder if they saw Zelda? It has 90 hours of game play."

Certainly from where we're sitting it doesn't look like the happy wheels are going to be falling off the Wii wagon anytime soon.

via gamesradar (http://www.gamesradar.com/gb/wii/game/news/article.jsp?sectionId=1006&articleId=200702099401890004&releaseId=2006022811153671099)

SwordOfZork
February 9th, 2007, 16:57
90 hours? Ha...

Zelda takes 30-50 hours for a first-timer to 100%

alienanthropologist
February 9th, 2007, 17:51
well, it's taken me about 60 hours to get to Ganon. I suppose it could be done in far less time, but then again I've skipped loads of things.

bmemike
February 9th, 2007, 18:21
The amount of time to do _everything_ is not the same as the amount of time to _beat the final boss_.

I can guarantee that a 30-40 hour session hasn't obtained every item, all the bugs, poes, all heart pieces, etc.