PDA

View Full Version : PS1 on PSP HELP

lyrical.licker
February 9th, 2007, 16:31
Hi im really keen to get PS1games running on my Psp Ive been out of the scene for a while but have just upgraded my psp to 3.03 OE-C and got everything else running okay.The problem is i have looked everywhere for a decent easy to understand guide to get ps1 games running and am at a loss as to how to do this.
could someone tell me how to do this from start to finish or point me in the direction of a decent guide.Cheers

michael_dack_2005
February 9th, 2007, 18:25
first you must make a legal rip of a PS1 disc, make it a IMG file, i use Alcohol, and select CCD. let the disc rip and when its cmplete.

Find a GUI to popstation, i use IceTea, select the PSX file you want, this is the file you ripped before. Select the compression you want and where you wish the file to go, once this is done.

Cut or copy the folder containing the EBOOT.PBP into your GAME folder on your PSP, exit USB, go over to game where you would load any homebrew, select the PS1 game you placed, and play.

Check out the compatibility list also on this Forum to see if your game works or not. PLus i think NTSC works better than PAL games, but it is rumoured that this is fixed in 3.10 OE-A.

Hope it helps!!

lyrical.licker
February 10th, 2007, 12:33
Hey thanx for the help finally got it all up and running.Had to use popstation GUI in the end as others couldnt find the iso s for some reason.Cheers:thumbup:

michael_dack_2005
February 10th, 2007, 14:38
Quite all right, always willing 2 help a guy out if i can!!